Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Who and why?

(30 Posts)
Seb2015 Thu 23-Jun-16 20:40:00

The last 24 hours have been amongst my worst. My eldest DS is a skilled carpenter - a member of the Guild of Master Craftsmen (that isn't just to boast, it's to show that these things can happen to anyone). He has had a really stressful couple of weeks with customers wanting things yesterday and others who didn't want to pay (threatened with a knife kinda didn't want to pay). So, at the end of the working day yesterday, he was stressed and distracted and had a run-in with a panel saw. I'll spare you the gory details but he spent five hours in surgery trying to have his thumb reattached. At the moment, things look promising.

Anyway, I came home from the hospital an hour ago after being there all day to find that someone has 'done' my front garden. Hedges trimmed and lawn cut. My other 3 DC and their partners say it wasn't them - and it couldn't have been because they too have been at the hospital. None of the neighbours know what has happened so it wouldn't have been an act of 'don't know what to do to help so I'll do this' situation. I don't know whether to be grateful to my unknown gardener or find it a little sinister. Maybe I'm just being over sensitive because of what's happened. Whoever has done it has done a really good job (apart from really hacking a couple of bushes I really liked) and all the trimmings are in my green bin. What do you reckon?

hulahoop Sun 26-Jun-16 09:48:52

What a lovely time and how thoughtful of your s and dil to ask you regarding gift I always asked the parents if there was anything they needed maybe something difficult for them to get in Barcelona do you know sex of baby? Ask what they would like you to help with . I would be tempted to help in house and cooking ng leaving parents to spend time together as a family and bond with baby you could offer to look after baby for maybe an hour so they could have a nice meal together they obviously want you there so enjoy your time with them enjoy being a grandparent it's brilliant hope all goes well ??

Nana3 Sun 26-Jun-16 10:18:25

Hope your DS recovers, so sorry it must be very painful and will affect his work.
The secret gardener must have been spotted by someone.
granjura so very sorry for your troubles! especially your DD. I have always tried to only worry about things I can do something about. Doesn't always work though.

Nonnie1 Sun 26-Jun-16 11:03:55

Weird. I made a post on this thread and it isn't here !

hulahoop Mon 27-Jun-16 13:23:17

Sorry my post as jumped onto wrong thread ?