Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Your fascinating choice of pseudonames

(72 Posts)
grannysue05 Mon 18-Sep-17 17:48:03

I joined Gransnet earlier this year and as my name is Sue and I am a grandma I used the name granny sue 05(special date for me).
Since then I have been absolutely fascinated by the choices of names that my fellow GN's are using.
The lovely sounding cherrytree and lemongrove; nightowl and exotic serkeen .
The amusing ones like Ilovecheese and chewbacca .
The ladies with strong ideas (great!) like paddyann and durhamjen ......I wait for your simulating comments.
And Imperfect ...surely you are not !
And Maggiemaybe are you ? Or are you not ?
Please share the stories behind the choices.

Greyduster Tue 19-Sep-17 09:45:10

Quite why a Native American should have an affinity with dusters I have no idea. Maybe it's the feathers, Alima!

Greyduster Tue 19-Sep-17 09:47:47

The William Tell Overture, silverlining? I could just about get by typing to Steptoe's theme when I first started! grin.

silverlining48 Tue 19-Sep-17 10:10:29

Jopiano i no longer have a piano either as its just been picked up and is on its way to my daughters house as granddaughter wants to have lessons. Theres a big gap where its always been and it feels strange.

silverlining48 Tue 19-Sep-17 10:11:13

Greyduster, yes it was very fast, woukd have preferred steptoe!

seacliff Tue 19-Sep-17 10:48:47

Interesting thread. I also changed names some years ago for security reasons.

I know what you mean about Greyduster and red indians Alima....maybe because I read a book about Grey Owl when young. My mind is weird!

One of my favourite things, when I can, is walking along top of high cliffs by the sea. Love the wild thrift and other flowers, watching the rough sea below, admiring the seagulls hovering and swirling on the wind. Wish I was there now, I may go for a walk along Dunwich cliffs and enjoy the heather in flower. Not exactly my idea of cliffs, but still pretty.

grannyticktock Tue 19-Sep-17 11:12:52

My name is how one DGD used to refer to me. At that time she had two grannies, and the thing she remembered about visiting me was our Westminster chiming clock, which really fascinated her. (It's a "granddaughter clock", which is quite appropriate!) She used to get me to sing her songs about clocks.

Blinko Tue 19-Sep-17 11:34:17

Mine's an abbreviation of one of my names... I do like this thread. Fascinating how some names have been invented. I wish I could have thought of some of the imaginative ones. I like HootyMcOwlface, for instance. smile

MissAdventure Tue 19-Sep-17 11:36:48

I love 'dameJudyclench' smile

Blinko Tue 19-Sep-17 11:44:27

Me too, MissA

Oldwoman70 Tue 19-Sep-17 11:56:50

Mine speaks for itself!

Greyduster Tue 19-Sep-17 12:49:45

I think that my particular favourite is mumofmadboys!

MiniMouse Tue 19-Sep-17 13:04:20

Mine does, too OW70!

Nonnie Tue 19-Sep-17 13:24:23

Mine is boring! Just the name of someone I used to know and would love to find out what she is doing now. I couldn't think of anything clever and her name just came into my head.

If anyone knows Ann Fisher or Alison Damon, I thought of using their names too but didn't!

Gagagran Tue 19-Sep-17 13:55:17

My Mum was always Gran to her grandchildren and she used to say "I'm going gaga" as her dementia set in, so mine is in memory of and tribute to her.

silverlining48 Tue 19-Sep-17 17:04:03

Thats lovely gaga. My mum had dementia too. I miss her.

M0nica Tue 19-Sep-17 17:19:41

I had a previous pseudonym, but someone recognised it and me so I had to change my moniker.

Menopaws Tue 19-Sep-17 17:21:24

At that time of life and have a dog

lilypollen Tue 19-Sep-17 18:24:22

Scented lilies are my favourite flower and there is always a warning about the pollen.

I keep a note of potential forum names to use if one comes to mind.

hulahoop Tue 19-Sep-17 19:02:43

I had been trying to show gd how to do this the day I joined gransnet

aggie Tue 19-Sep-17 19:21:15

When I first started using a computer I had just broken my ankle and was in Plaster after walking about in agony for ten days smile

granfromafar Tue 19-Sep-17 19:58:54

I chose my pseudoname as all our grandchildren live a few hours drive away, in the north and midlands, whereas we are southerners. At least they are in the same country though, for which I am grateful, as I know several on here have GC on the other side of the world. I love the name Menopaws too!