Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Daughter asked by boyfriend if she wants a threesome

(57 Posts)
Vik65 Sun 11-Mar-18 20:20:47

My daughter (19) has a boyfriend (22) who lives 400 miles away, she is going to see him next weekend and I have seen a message from him asking her if she wants a three some. I am worried he is forcing her to do things she is not ready for, how do I talk to her about this, she doesn't know I have access to her messages. What do I do?

Cherrytree59 Sun 11-Mar-18 20:24:32

Just wondering why do you have access to her messages?

BlueBelle Sun 11-Mar-18 20:29:51

None of your business I m afraid, she’s an adult and you should know nothing about her sex life
Why do you have access to a 19 year olds messages ?

Marydoll Sun 11-Mar-18 20:31:37

If she finds out you are accessing her messages, I doubt if she will ever trust you again.
She is an adult, not a child.

Bellanonna Sun 11-Mar-18 20:44:20

Oh I just posted in similar vein on the other thread. Seems OP has started two.

Luckygirl Sun 11-Mar-18 22:02:17

Perhaps she should start three grin - sorry, that was somewhat tasteless.

I would endorse that reading her messages is out of order - can't think how you might achieve that.

Chewbacca Sun 11-Mar-18 22:29:41

grin very quick thinkin there Luckygirl! grin

mcem Sun 11-Mar-18 22:31:49

Don't try to discuss this. Don't interfere. Don't access her messages.
If by any remote possibility she wants to discuss it with you she'll tell you.

Jalima1108 Sun 11-Mar-18 23:03:19

Luckygirl grin

Well, you can't ask her if she is ready for something like a threesome because then you would have to confess you have access to her phone and nose at read all her messages.

Tough being a mother, isn't it!

Jalima1108 Sun 11-Mar-18 23:03:30

or are you a father?

BlueBelle Mon 12-Mar-18 06:11:30

Or is it a joke

kittylester Mon 12-Mar-18 06:12:49

Beat me too it BlueBelle

Oopsadaisy12 Mon 12-Mar-18 08:05:51

FHS this might be an in joke between your DD and her boyfriend! And nothing to do with what you are thinking. Yet another reason why you shouldn’t snoop.
She’s 19 !

BlueBelle Mon 12-Mar-18 08:42:29

I didn’t mean that Oops I meant the whole thread or rather two threads may be a spoof to get us talking Its been done before many times

Vik65 Mon 12-Mar-18 09:56:56

Not a spoof just a worried mum

MissAdventure Mon 12-Mar-18 10:00:50

Do you think your daughter is particularly vulnerable?
Is she a young 19?

BlueBelle Mon 12-Mar-18 10:06:38

Stop looking at your adult daughters PRIVATE.messages Vik and then you won’t need to worry so much ignorance can be bliss at times Do you not feel guilty for intruding into her private life
Most of us have no idea what sex loves our children lead after 18 at latest ( and that’s how it should be) we bring our children up to know right from wrong and how to keep themselves safe and how to say no if they don’t want something after that we have little or no control. Sit back and trust her if you ve been a decent Mum she will talk to you if she’s worried about something
It’s just NOT Your business any longer

Granny23 Mon 12-Mar-18 10:12:00

Vik65 If you have seen the message then you will also have seen her reply?? I was married at 19 and got up (or down) to all sorts though no threesomes. I would have been furious and mortified if my parents stuck their noses into my sex life, just as I had no interest in theirs. Even thinking or wondering about it seems somehow Incestuous. Likewise, I had no interest in what my DDs did, or didn't do with their boyfriends, although our family are very open and would tell me if they had problems.

Vik65 Mon 12-Mar-18 10:49:19

Mis adventure yes she is a very young 19 and this is her first boyfriend for a long time (the last one she was 15) and no bluebelle I haven't seen her reply, I want snooping, I was using her laptop with her permission and message popped up

Bellanonna Mon 12-Mar-18 10:56:36

Messages have to be opened, though?

Alexa Mon 12-Mar-18 11:00:23

What would be your personal preference regarding threesomes? A full blooded menage a trois marriage would tend to be more complicated than a twosome marriage. Brief encounters less difficult and could be staged managed before the event.

Lynnebo Mon 12-Mar-18 11:02:21

I wonder if she knows you see her messages and it was sent on purpose to shock you??

stella1949 Mon 12-Mar-18 11:04:56

All you see on a laptop is the title of the message. Honestly, it's time to stop opening her messages and reading them. At 19 she is a grown woman, not a child to be monitored by her mother. Her sex life should be her own private business. I'm sure she doesn't let you use her laptop so you can read her private mail.

Welshwife Mon 12-Mar-18 11:11:22

Depends on the computer - on ours a message comes up showing the sender and a couple of lines of the message in a box on the screen you are working on.

stella1949 Mon 12-Mar-18 11:26:08

Lynnebo I'd agree, she probably saw the first couple of lines but even so, the post isn't there to be opened and read . Vik65 says that her daughter doesn't know that her mother is reading the posts. Having access to someone's private messages can lead to a lot of misunderstandings. My suggestion would be "get your own laptop and give this one back ".