Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How much worse can it get?

(61 Posts)
lemongrove Mon 10-Dec-18 18:58:47

Follow what?
All politicians say the same sort of guff.Saying no to more negotiations is just a ploy.It’s never over until it’s over.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-Dec-18 18:56:01

I said on another thread if Corbyn/McDonnell get in I (and Mr GG) will seriously consider leaving UK for a non EU Country.

I would not feel safe under their leadership!!

Anniebach Mon 10-Dec-18 18:25:40

I have reached - past caring , though I fear Corbyn being in charge

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Dec-18 18:11:07

When will it be safe to emerge:?
Will someone bring us some Christmas dinner and wine?

Izabella Mon 10-Dec-18 18:07:36

?

Think we need a rather large duvet

M0nica Mon 10-Dec-18 17:45:13

Jalima, likewise [we need an emoji for despair]

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Dec-18 17:35:05

nothing to say, sorry …….

confused I think I'll stay under the duvet.

NfkDumpling Mon 10-Dec-18 17:15:48

She should never have paid the DUP anything in advance!! I’ve accepted we’re staying in and will just have to pay for the cost of all this negotiation in further years of austerity. (Unless Labour get into power and just borrow, and borrow and ......)

winterwhite Mon 10-Dec-18 17:03:24

Well, no one in the UK can follow it either - or rather politicians all take their own route through the maze / fog, and all get lost and bump into one another and veer away again- so it's not a surprising tweet. Nor is the exasperation surprising.

Alima Mon 10-Dec-18 16:43:45

You ok Riverwalk? You’re not usually so brow beaten. Don’t worry, what will be will be. If we knew everything the Europeans were tweeting there would be collective panic. Chill, think about Christmas instead.

Riverwalk Mon 10-Dec-18 14:21:40

Guy Verhofstadt the EU Brexit negotiator has just tweeted 'I can't follow any more. After two years of negotiations the Tory government wants to delay the vote'.

Talk about brinkmanship! I think May is just thinking about her own position now - couldn't face such a huge defeat.

I too can't follow any more!