Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Ex Son in Law’s girlfriend dyed the children’s hair!!!!

(111 Posts)
ProudNanna Fri 28-Dec-18 20:38:42

AIBU I’m new to gransnet - What would you do if your grandchildren came back from a visit with their father and his girlfriend on Boxing Day with blue and pink hair? The DGDs are aged two and seven. I’m so ?

stella1949 Sun 30-Dec-18 11:33:27

I found this on the Internet - To remove colored hairspray on your hair , combine baking soda with either shampoo or hot water, until it forms a paste. Apply the paste to the hair and allow it to set for a few minutes. Rinse it off and follow with a conditioner; as baking soda can dry your hair.

loopyloo Sun 30-Dec-18 11:47:37

Did the children enjoy it? If it was just a fun exercise I wouldn't get angry about it. Just be pleased they had a good time.

notanan2 Sun 30-Dec-18 12:09:20

Do you feel that a 2 year old could make an informed choice to have their head shaved?
You are very opinionated notanan2 but under scrutiny your opinions don't hold up.
Pot:kettle....

2 year olds dont plan any activities! Adults suggest things, and they can say yes or no.

Like does a 2 year old DECIDE to go to a funfair? No. Can it express whether or not it wants to go on a particular ride or have its face painted? Yes, a 2 yr old can.

notanan2 Sun 30-Dec-18 12:13:11

& it would be up to the accompanying parent to decide which activities are appropriate to offer.

TBH if my DH phoned me for "consent" every time some face paints or hair chalk or temporary tattoos were on offer I would get irritated and tell him to use his own judgement!

notanan2 Sun 30-Dec-18 12:14:23

Likewise I would not appreciate having to get in touch with him every time a party activity is on offer to clear it with him before letting the kids join in...

notanan2 Sun 30-Dec-18 12:17:03

& I don't think either of our employers would appreciate such nonsense either.

Its not a school application or a medical proceedure, its some temporary hair colour!

Buffybee Sun 30-Dec-18 17:50:52

I sometimes wonder why people feel the need to be on Gransnet when maybe Mumsnet would be more suitable for them, if they're not yet a Grandparent.
Makes me wonder if they've actually thrown their weight around on Mn and..........smile

Bridgeit Sun 30-Dec-18 18:23:46

It would be much better if such products were not readily available ?

notanan2 Sun 30-Dec-18 20:14:53

Buffybee gransnet isn't just about grandchildren, it is about all kinds of issues that are relevant to the demographic of which I am part of. I am grandparent aged so came here initially to learn more about my pre-menopause symptom and stayed because I also find the financial threads relevant to me. I'm not starting out in life in other ways just because I had my children later so am in the same stages of life/health/property/caring for older relatives/pension planning as a lot of posters on here. Quite a few of my peers from school/university are grandparents so Im not in real life in a social bubble of parents of young children. It is in that way a better "fit" for me than younger mums forums.

There are plenty of grans on mumsnet too you know!

AND just because other posters usernames may say things like IAmAGranOhYesIAm doesn't mean they are!

BradfordLass72 Fri 04-Jan-19 20:42:17

As my granddaughter and I frequently had green hair when she was staying with me as a child, I'd think it was beautiful.

She's 25 now but just before Christmas she popped round to make my hair pastel rainbow coloured.
We looked fantastic imo.