Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Clairvoyant Medium

(89 Posts)
Stoker48 Mon 22-Jul-19 17:43:20

Just interested if any of you ladies, in recent times, have visited one of the above and were happy with your reading?
I appreciate that clairvoyants and mediums “ tap into” different levels ie Mediums potentially could make contact with loved ones that are no longer with us and clairvoyant perhaps more about predictioning the future.
Thank you x

4allweknow Wed 24-Jul-19 21:18:56

I've been twice, first time when in my 20s, second 25 years ago and both came out with very interesting stuff. First one told me I was going to have 3 children (none at the time) and that two would be very very close together. Couldn't emphasise how close. Years later had DD then twin boys. That was her close. Second told me loads of stuff all happened including DH developing serious illness. One funny bit of info she shared was that DH would tackle any DIY except carpet fitting. This was his pet hate! I had never met either before and they had travelled a few hundred miles for the sessions.

BradfordLass72 Wed 24-Jul-19 21:28:43

When my son was nearly 5 years old, we were house-sitting for friends who had gone overseas.
We were having lunch when my little fellow said, 'Mummy, what does it mean when you can see half a footballer?' smile

I asked him to describe this person but apparently the sportsman only went up to the chest - don't ask me why.

The description was of the old-style footie player with shorts down to the knees, not the modern sort he may have seen in real life

That was the first of many 'spirit people' my son saw over the years.
I made no fuss about it but it was extremely interesting to hear him describe them in detail.
Some were in modern dress, some from the 30's or earlier - one was in a sleeveless Fair Isle 'gansey' which he described as, 'a zig-zag patterned thing, all different colours'.

When he was older he was able to tell me that when these people first appeared they were solid, just like real people but as he watched them, they got dimmer and dimmer until they disappeared. Only one ever scared him.

He also told me, just a few weeks ago (he is 40 now) that he used to see shimmering colours around people's skin, something he didn't mention when he was a child.

Despite this, he's the most down-to-earth person imaginable and even calls my alternative medicines 'hocus-pocus' grin

Tamayra Wed 24-Jul-19 22:34:57

I’m a clairvoyant I use my gifts as & when needed
I’ve done 1000’s of readings over the last 50 yrs
Have many glowing testimonials & am certainly not a fraud
I suggest some of you stop being judgemental about a skill that you know little about

KaazaK Wed 24-Jul-19 22:58:19

I have a very good friend who is a medium. She is one of the kindest, most genuine people I know. She never would take money from anyone so what would she gain by making it all up? My brother in law went to see her after his wife died and my friend told him things she couldn’t possibly have known about my sister in law. My late husband was a complete sceptic until he experienced something in my friend’s house that changed his mind completely. I’m sure there are fakes out there but there are people who have this gift.

jura2 Wed 24-Jul-19 23:12:05

No, never have, never will. Those people pray on victims and unfortunate people- sick.

Shropshirelass Thu 25-Jul-19 08:11:36

Yes. I had a telephone conversation with quite a famous medium a couple of years ago. There was no way she could have known anything about me and I was careful not to give her any information. She was fascinating and factually accurate about a lot of things that have happened in my life, some that no one else knew and things that would not be applicable to anyone else. I have had strange happenings that cannot be explained away, so for me there is something in it.

harrigran Thu 25-Jul-19 09:13:56

Bradford your DS may have a neurological condition if he sees hazy colours around people, my GD has Synaesthesia and sees people and numbers in colour.

H1954 Thu 25-Jul-19 11:31:31

I visited a medium some years ago and she knew stuff that NO ONE could possibly know! She also explained a couple of "experiences" that Id had and said that was a passed loved one near to me and I shouldn't be afraid. Scoff all you like, she was genuine and that's a fact!

MissAdventure Thu 25-Jul-19 11:35:09

I'm sceptical, but interested.
I've seen a few, and one did surprise me with things she knew.
However, I saw her a few years back and she surprised me because she couldn't have been more wrong on every single level.

JaneA Thu 25-Jul-19 11:50:33

Hear, hear, Tamayra!

Peaseblossom Fri 26-Jul-19 00:45:05

I've been to mediums quite a few times and some have been amazingly accurate, giving details of how many children I have, the sexes, their personalities and family members who have passed away. The last one I went to about a month ago and it's the third time I've seen her. She has given me the names of my daughters and of someone who I have been in contact with with a few years. I've also been given details that confirm that the messages she has given me are genuine, such as she said my mother mentioned someone with red hair, and that was my sister who had coloured her hair red for many years and passed away last October. She said my sister was glad that I had kept some shoes of hers (we wore the same size). This was true. I have some black sandals my sister gave me that belonged to her and I have also kept her slippers to wear. She said my sister mentioned a strange plant that was growing in my garden. It had come up quickly and I was looking round my garden with my niece and we were looking at it and wondering what it was and apparently my sister was around us at that time. So yes there are genuine clairvoyants.

Lyndiloo Fri 26-Jul-19 02:28:21

It's the same with any job or profession isn't it? Some people are fakes, or rubbish at what they do, and some are fantastic.

I've always been a believer in 'life after death', despite the (not unkind) mickey-taking from my family and friends.

I'm a Reiki Healer, and at times I get really strong 'impressions' of what is going on in someone's life. Sometimes, I also get another presence in the room and I can describe the person, in detail, to my client. And, I have to say, my observations have never been wrong! But I can't do this to order. It 'comes' or it doesn't. (I don't always share these insights with my clients.)

Some years ago, my daughter and I had booked to go to a 'Psychic Night' at a local hotel. Just for fun! It was on a Sunday. Sadly, the Wednesday before, my sister died. In the circumstances, we didn't know whether to go or not, but we did.

The Psychic wasn't very good at all. (Perhaps he was just having a bad night ...?)

There was a half-hour break in the proceedings, when people could go and have a drink and refreshments. Two young girls came to sit at our table. One said, 'He's not very good is he?' We agreed, and began a conversation with them. They knew very little about 'Psychics', and this was the first time they had ever been to this sort of evening. Then one of them said, 'I mean, if your nick-name was Polly, and he knew that .....' Me: 'Why did you say that?' She shrugged. Me: 'Do you know anyone called Polly?' 'No.' Me: 'Not even as a nick-name?' She shook her head. I was astounded!

My sister was called Pauline, but her nick-name was 'Polly'.

I truly believe that this was my sister getting in touch with me by using this young girl. No specific message for me, except, I think, 'I'm OK, I'm here.'

Much later on, I went to a Medium Night at a Spiritualist Church. I had been finding it hard to get over the loss of my sister, and spent many nights (and days) crying about it. The Medium pointed at me. "Ive got a lady here and she's very annoyed. She's saying, 'Stop yer bloody crying! You know this. You bloody know this!' And the swearing is her's, not mine!"

Yes, that's exactly how Polly would talk, if she were telling me off!

So, be wary of the fakes, but don't let that blind you to those who have a special gift, which we can all share to our benefit.

Grandma2213 Fri 26-Jul-19 02:33:26

I agree that there are charlatans and people who are good at 'reading' body language and other cues. The power of suggestion has been well documented and explained by Derren Brown and others. I am also fascinated by so called 'inexplicable' events. I have experienced a few of these myself and have wondered if the electrical impulses in the brain somehow float around and get picked up by receptive other brains.

I have never sought out a clairvoyant or medium but still hope that possibly one will come to me with some sign that these things exist. Meanwhile my dreams remain my only contacts with dead loved ones and they do pop up with messages from time to time! Not always ones I want to hear but I guess my sub-conscious has a lot to do with it.