Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Slippers!

(107 Posts)
kittylester Sat 07-Sep-19 18:41:13

I usually wear M&S mules with memory foam support but they dont last, we have a lot of stairs, and I'm 70 now!!

Marmight Mon 09-Sep-19 08:29:43

My winter selection. From left to right depending on the temperature ?. The Uggs on the left were a present from my Aussie SiL-to-be & date back to 2000. They certainly wear well! In summer I wear Havianas or bare feet

AlexG Mon 09-Sep-19 15:44:20

Fitflop slippers every time. They are expensive (around £75) but my current pair must be about 8 years old and although starting to look a little shabby, are still fine in both top and sole. Worth every penny.

Cindersdad Mon 09-Sep-19 18:30:35

I use Velcro fasten trainer type Hotter shoes which I keep for indoor only. Slippers I find unsafe.

Davida1968 Mon 09-Sep-19 18:42:45

Truddles, what an odd comment! Surely wearing slippers (or indoor shoes) by anyone is about comfort, warmth and safety - and for keeping your feet healthy? Loads online about this, e.g.
www.footfiles.com/wellness/relaxation/article/6-convincing-reasons-to-wear-slippers

Auntieflo Tue 10-Sep-19 19:45:12

I have found a pair that I can wear as indoor shoes.

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 10-Sep-19 21:49:14

Carpets so bare feet till I was 62. Broke 2 toes (separate occasions) on coffee table, then stool leg. Didn't put me off - love being bare footed.

Moved. Tiled floor throughout. Used to wear a pair of outdoor shoes all the time because I need to step outside most evenings - off to log store. Mules too dangerous. I take a 9 so limit range in shops and online.

Bought a pair of bootie style ones from Hotter in the sale 1/2 price. Wish I'd bought 2 pairs now. They're brilliant.

Looked the Moshulu site. Lovely but very limited range of size 9.