Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

To cut or not to cut................

(32 Posts)
gallusquine Mon 16-Sep-19 11:45:05

I have bought a rather lovely floor length dress for an up coming event and I think it might be a tad too long. Should a floor length dress skim the floor or sit above your shoes ? As it is it slightly sweeps the floor. I'll be wearing quite ornate beaded sandal which are flat, but being a canny Scot I will want to get the most wear out of it and might want to wear it with heels in the future.
I know this is a first world problem, but its a problem non the less. TIA

4allweknow Tue 17-Sep-19 23:17:09

For safety my own and others I would have it taken up to sit on top of my foot with sandals on. Sorry but for me a dress than can be worn with sandals and looks right will be unlikely to look right with heels. It's
one or the other.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 17-Sep-19 23:36:41

Welcome to another Scot gallusquine. I would take it up with a temporary hem for safety. Show off your lovely sandals. Ankles are in anyway - look at all the “ankle grazer” jeans/trousers. Enjoy the occasion.

robynukk Wed 18-Sep-19 06:51:38

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Marydoll Wed 18-Sep-19 07:09:20

Reported! Do not click the link!
There is always someone trying to derail a pleasant gentle thread.

generic03 Wed 18-Sep-19 07:48:44

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Bazza Wed 18-Sep-19 10:10:47

Depends on your sandals. I have a lovely long silk kaftan which I wanted to wear with sparkly flip flop sandals but the hem kept catching under my heel when I walked. Just a thought. Also is it touches the floor it’s going to get very grubby. Is it washable??