Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

This is pants!

(108 Posts)
Quizzer Sun 23-Aug-20 10:31:53

I am tall, relatively slim and like to follow fashion trends, avoiding the "mutton-dressed-as-lamb" syndrome. However for some time I have had a problem with fashionable knickers!
I don't wear granny pants. For some time I have preferred my leg high leg pants but they seem to have gone out of fashion and are harder to get.
The latest fashion is for little shorts which sit low on the hips - very cute. When I wear these they slide off my hips and gather into multiple creases at the top of my thighs. Another fashion is for pants with plain fronts but lace on the derriere. Very sexy and pretty but when you sit down you get a delicate lace pattern on your buttocks!
Luckily French knickers are no longer in vogue. I think wearing them with tights was not an option unless you wore the knickers on top.
The last in-fashion panty is the thong - don't even go there!!
Any ideas for looking good and being comfortable?

MissAdventure Tue 25-Aug-20 03:04:03

I bought my last pack on the strength of someone's review, in which she included a photo of her dog sitting inside a pair. smile
They'll do, I thought.

nomoreusernames Tue 25-Aug-20 03:17:43

These are the most comfortable knickers I have ever worn. The lace waist is front and back and stops any rolling down and I'm decidedly plump and very reasonably costed. I buy new every year.

DanniRae Tue 25-Aug-20 09:41:23

Does the lady who wears no knickers put on clean trousers every day? If not it's like wearing the same pair of knickers two or three days running - yuk! shock

(I can't be the only one who wears trousers two or three times)

honeyrose Wed 26-Aug-20 08:46:08

DanniRae

Does the lady who wears no knickers put on clean trousers every day? If not it's like wearing the same pair of knickers two or three days running - yuk! shock

(I can't be the only one who wears trousers two or three times)

My thoughts exactly, DanniRae!! ??

Jaxjacky Wed 26-Aug-20 09:10:08

DanniRae yes to the clean trousers every day, but usually a skirt or dress. Tights changes daily when cooler, or stockings worn.

Alittlemadam Thu 27-Aug-20 09:26:11

Big knickers all the way, I find them so comfy and keep me warm in the winter. Comfort outweighs fashion sadley

Alexa Thu 27-Aug-20 09:30:26

M and S full briefs for me. Even when I was young and pretty I wore what are now called full briefs but were then called knickers.
I once knitted long knickers from double knitting wool when I lived in Aberdeenshire