Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What colours are fashionable for clothes this autumn?

(112 Posts)
MaryTheBookeeper Sat 05-Sep-20 16:31:37

I've put on a whole load of weight with lockdown & now the temperatures are dropping I need a few new things to wear but I've no idea what colours are trendy. Any ideas?

Chris0 Mon 07-Sep-20 19:27:50

Wear what colour pleases you. Dress for yourself not for fashion

Diggingdoris Mon 07-Sep-20 20:00:36

I'm a 50 shades of blue lady. An occasional red, turquoise or lavender. I know what suits my colouring and am not bothered with what colour is in fashion.

Marydoll Mon 07-Sep-20 20:03:37

You could either follow the trends and look awful, if you don't suit the colours or wear what suits you and look good.
It's a no brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

123kitty Mon 07-Sep-20 20:30:50

Stop worrying about the colours and lose that added weight

GreenGran78 Mon 07-Sep-20 20:45:05

Just who are the fashion police that dictate what people should wear? I buy what catches my eye, and what suits me. I don’t care what others think about my clothes.

Urmstongran Mon 07-Sep-20 21:18:06

Nothing back from the OP after over 100 replies?

Could this inane thread have been started to wind us up? I’m beginning to think so.

In fact I’d go so far as to say the style of the OP reminds me of someone... I’m trying to work out who.

Juicylucy Mon 07-Sep-20 21:19:41

All fashion houses are starting to bring out there autumn winter range so that will give you an idea what colours are in this year. Good for you keeping up with what’s in and what’s not, girl after my own heart.

Callistemon Mon 07-Sep-20 23:01:49

Marydoll

You could either follow the trends and look awful, if you don't suit the colours or wear what suits you and look good.
It's a no brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes!

I remember when a putrid green/yellow was 'fashionable' - didn't suit anyone and must have been designed by
misogynist!

Chewbacca Mon 07-Sep-20 23:16:41

As soon as Coffee Drip Brown comes into fashion, I'm stocking up!

Callistemon Mon 07-Sep-20 23:21:26

I am still looking for red wine tops and cardigan. Preferably Shiraz red.

Magnolia62 Tue 15-Sep-20 21:14:10

I own nothing blue. It has never suited me. I like dusky pink and cerise but don’t possess any clothes in those colours. I loathe salmon pink, again because it does nothing for me. I suit autumnal colours, greens and oranges, maybe crimson deep reds and mustard. Not that I own a lot of clothes as I wear them until they die!