Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Torn two ways

(56 Posts)
Sarnia Thu 08-Jul-21 08:08:37

In keeping with a lot of other people I have not seen some of my family for 17 months. I have followed the rules and when Boris's roadmap was put in place I booked train tickets to go and visit my daughter and her family in Yorkshire. My daughter rang yesterday to tell me my 17 year old GD was showing Covid symptoms and a lateral flow test had come back positive. She had taken a PCR test for confirmation and the result this morning is also positive. Everyone in their house now has to isolate for 11 days. Her last day in isolation will be the day before I am due to arrive. I am longing to see them all. My youngest GD will be 18 when I am there and we have trips arranged. However, I don't feel entirely comfortable with it. One half of me says that their isolation will be over, I have had both vaccine injections and life has to get back on track but the other half thinks why take any risks? My question is, what would you do in my place?

62Granny Fri 09-Jul-21 20:25:17

Visiting.

icanhandthemback Fri 09-Jul-21 22:01:45

I'd definitely go and enjoy my visit unless another member of the family tests positive.

Dibbydod Sat 10-Jul-21 00:25:29

Go and enjoy , you’ve waited long enough, life is too short to dither about !

Yorki Sat 10-Jul-21 00:33:07

Go for it... It all has to end sometime. Your fully vaccinated, I think you'd regret it if you didn't go.

NannieAnnie64 Sat 10-Jul-21 14:18:58

I definitely go. Your family have followed all the correct procedures, so after isolation they will be fine....that is if no one else tests positive.