Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Advice please re a Covid problem

(152 Posts)
Kate22 Wed 22-Dec-21 19:51:29

Hi Everyone,
I’d be glad of your advice/opinions, please.
My husband’s daughter lives in London and has just tested positive for COVID. My husband is driving down to pick her up on Xmas eve - a 3 hour journey and take her to her mother’s home ( the next village to us) so she can spend Christmas with them. Understandably my husband doesn’t want to think of her spending Christmas alone in isolation. On Christmas Day my four children ( all of whom incidentally work for the NHS) plus two grandchildren are coming for Xmas and Boxing Day . I am very unhappy that my husband is knowingly putting us all at risk by being in such close contact with a positive case. I have worked hard to remain calm although I am inwardly seething but have said that if my children knew they would ( rightly in my opinion) refuse to come at Christmas. They cannot knowingly compromise the health of their patients . I feel
I cannot keep something so serious from them. My husband has agreed , albeit absolutely furiously, to go and stay in a hotel over Christmas once he’s dropped his daughter off. I’m perfectly happy for him to do this but I wondered what others thought and if anyone could suggest a better solution! Incidentally he was meant to be spending part of Christmas Day with his elderly parents but doesn’t want to put them at risk .

MayBeMaw Sun 26-Dec-21 11:28:02

Gross stupidity, total inconsideration for others just because someone is “ dying to see family at Christmas " !

That may be truer than OP realises.