Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Silly and soppy sorry

(81 Posts)
Anniebach Sun 10-Sep-17 14:26:35

Next year would have been our golden wedding . Because he has been dead for so long I am troubled thinking about him. He is five years older than my grandson .

I am now thinking I will not be interred in the same grave, an oldie with a young man . Yes I know we will both be dead but still it makes me uncomfortable .

I did tell younger daughter I thought this, the darling said -
I love watching The Ghost and Mrs Muir because I have always thought the end of that film would be like you and daddy after you die .

I have to decide , my health isn't great .

Do I feel like this because this year there has been so many changes , no mental health drop in centre , no political meetings , grandchildren all moving away this month.have no contact now with my three sisters.

So silly, I feel lost , empty.
This is what comes on listening to Billy Ekstine !

nigglynellie Wed 27-Sep-17 17:39:29

On this thread annie we all care for you and if we could make it better for you we wouldn't hesitate to do so. I know we all hope fervently that things will improve for you and that your daughter regains her health for both your sakes. flowers x

Elrel Wed 27-Sep-17 18:35:29

Thinking of you, Anniebach, and wishing you strength and a quiet mind.

Iam64 Wed 27-Sep-17 19:13:12

Anniebach, I've just read through this thread and feel sad I didn't see it when it first appeared. I've been away with very intermittent wifi, so been catching up the past few days and somehow missed this one.
It's good that you have seen your GP and emotional/physical exhaustion sounds the right diagnosis. A move of house is in the top ten stressful life events. You have also had loss with family members moving away and the long term continuing sadness about your much loved daughter. You seem to have taken some comfort from the information your psychologist friend gave you. For what its worth, I believe she is absolutely correct. It is often the case that we project the elements of our own personality that we find difficult, on to others. Adult daughters struggling as your daughter has, all too often blame their mothers, projecting the bits of their own personality on their mother. Knowing this doesn't make the pain go away, or excuse the cruelty shown but it does help to make some sense of what in fact, makes no sense.

Anniversaries can catch us out. I'm ten years on from a terrible period in my life. I'd worked hard on acceptance, on creating some emotional distance from the awful events of that time. I was unprepared to be caught out by it again out earlier this year, I felt miserable, depressed, exhausted and ruminated so much on what I could have done differently ten years ago . Be gentle with yourself Annie, give yourself a break and try to get some proper rest x

Anniebach Wed 27-Sep-17 20:32:32

Iam, yes I too think my psychologist friend was right, it has certaintly helped me with the hurt . The move did drain me and so much went wrong, never mind, it's over, but taking ages to pick up again. Thank you for your understanding, x

Ginny42 Fri 29-Sep-17 02:49:40

Oh Annie, I have been away and only just read your latest heartrending posts. I don’t have any words right now to express how sorry I am to read how you've been. You are experiencing a level of pain and loss that most people can't imagine and will never experience.

Please know that I am willing you to get through this. x