Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My husband has died

(85 Posts)
Kate8 Sat 29-May-21 23:56:24

My husband died on the 30th of April, he was 62 and I'm 56. We'd been married 28 years and I love him with all my heart. His name is David and he had been admitted to hospital 10 days before he died. His illness came out of the blue. We have 5 children and 9 grandchildren and we're numb. David's funeral is next Tuesday. I'm numb, I wasn't ready!

Sar53 Sun 30-May-21 07:24:03

Dear Kate I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family xx

Greyduster Sun 30-May-21 07:24:58

Kate I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.?

ginny Sun 30-May-21 07:28:08

So sorry Kate. Condolences to you and your family. ?

vegansrock Sun 30-May-21 07:31:13

Sudden and unexpected bereavement add shock to the pain and grief. You will be expecting him to walk through the door at any moment or sit in his favourite chair. You were together so long, and he must have been a special person to be so loved.
“There is a bridge between the living and the dead, and the bridge is love”?

cornergran Sun 30-May-21 07:34:06

My condolences to you and your family Kate. Be gentle with yourself. flowers

Beechnut Sun 30-May-21 07:37:32

I’m very sorry for your loss Kate. ?

I wondered what on earth I would do. My brother gave me something to bring some kind of structure to my future life so that I wasn’t just floundering about. Life is very different.

Sparklefizz Sun 30-May-21 08:08:57

I'm so sorry for your loss Kate. You're in shock. My Mum died of an aneurysm very suddenly and it sounds crazy but I kept forgetting and would pick up the phone to ring her and wonder why she wasn't answering. Denial and disbelief are very much a part of grief.

You can still talk to David and will probably find it comforting.

Be kind to yourself and take life gently. flowers

Whitewavemark2 Sun 30-May-21 08:13:07

I can only reiterate everything others have said.

I wish you all fortitude and strength in the days and months ahead.

V3ra Sun 30-May-21 08:27:06

Your lovely David. Gone far too soon. So sad and I'm so sorry for you all x

Oldbutstilluseful Sun 30-May-21 08:30:19

I’m so sorry Kate and add my condolences to everyone here. Wwm2 has said exactly the right words. I just hope it won’t be too long before the memories of this awful time are replaced by happy memories of your life together ?

honeyrose Sun 30-May-21 08:31:45

Dear Kate, I’m so very sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your husband David. Thinking of you and your family. thanks

baubles Sun 30-May-21 08:36:11

Kate I’m sorry for your loss, my condolences. thanks

gt66 Sun 30-May-21 08:37:25

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Kate. 62 is no age sad

Thank goodness you have your lovely children and grandchildren in your life, although they all must be suffering too.

I have no advice, but keep posting here whenever you feel the need, as someone will always reply, even in the middle of the night! flowers

Grammaretto Sun 30-May-21 08:37:32

Dear Kate. It is a shock indeed.
I hope you have family and friends around to support you.

My DH died 6 months ago and although it wasn't unexpected; he had cancer, it is still a shock when it happens.
I appear to be coping but I miss him every day.

Sending you love and hugs.
BTW people on here have been an amazing support to me.

silverlining48 Sun 30-May-21 08:41:59

Such an unexpected and terrible shock for you all. I am
so sorry flowers

NotAGran55 Sun 30-May-21 08:50:02

Sincere sympathy Kate8 . You will get a lot of support here , you are in the right place flowers

Luckygirl Sun 30-May-21 08:57:12

So very sad...I am so sorry that you have lost your husband.

Mine died in February last year and moments of disbelief still drop on me out of the blue. I don't think that goes quickly - at least not for me.

I too am lucky to have a loving family around me - lean on them and take one day at a time.

flowers

Witzend Sun 30-May-21 09:01:20

I’m so sorry, Kate8. ?

TerriBull Sun 30-May-21 09:07:45

Commiserations to you for the loss of your husband and that your life together has been cut short you are still quite young.

Heartening to see you have many children and grandchildren and hopefully they will be around to support you through this difficult and give you strength.

So sorry for your loss and to any other poster who has also lost a loved one recently flowers

nanna8 Sun 30-May-21 09:22:25

Thoughts and prayers for you Kate8 at this sad and difficult time ?

Billybob4491 Sun 30-May-21 09:25:17

So sorry to hear your sad news, newly bereaved myself I know how hard it is, I shall light a candle and uphold you in prayer.

tickingbird Sun 30-May-21 09:39:43

So sorry to read of your loss Kate. You are obviously bereft and feeling such pain and loss. You have done the right thing posting on here as there are many recently bereaved and you are going to receive lots of genuine, caring responses to your post.

Welcome, sorry it’s under such sad circumstances flowers

BigBertha1 Sun 30-May-21 10:21:30

Kate8 I am so very sorry for your loss.flowers

Auntieflo Sun 30-May-21 10:26:14

Kate8. So sorry to read of your loss, but thank you for being able to share it on here with us.

Lollin Sun 30-May-21 10:27:31

So sorry Kate8 flowers