Gransnet forums

Books/book club

We're giving away more than a THOUSAND pounds worth of children's books!

(515 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 01-Dec-14 10:58:24

One of our very favourite features is our annual round up of the best children's books of the year

This year we've featured you over 30 fantastic books for children of all ages, from babies and preschoolers - to young adults and teens. Great ideas for Christmas shopping. AND three lucky gransnetters get to win the lot...each set is worth over £350 and is sure to keep the family (and the wider family and the neighbours' kids...) happy for a very long time.

Full details on the page

To enter the draw - which will be made at midday on Tuesday 16 December - all you have to do is answer one simple question.

What's your favourite children's book of all time?

Maybe it's one that you loved as a child. One that you read to your own children. Or one that you read with your grandchildren. Old, new, classic or little-known...we look forward to compiling a list of gransnetters all-time favourites.

veznat Tue 16-Dec-14 08:58:07

the greatest book i remember reading as a child was fantastic mr fox

tishist Tue 16-Dec-14 08:58:30

What a Mess! by Frank Muir

zvdt Tue 16-Dec-14 09:38:41

Dear Zoo

longlegs1001 Tue 16-Dec-14 09:50:57

The Dr Doolittle Series of books

melp1 Tue 16-Dec-14 10:17:08

I loved The Magic Faraway Tree" by Enid Blyton when I was young, I've read it to both my children and my grandchildren.

jacqroberts Tue 16-Dec-14 10:17:19

Would have to be The Borrowers loved those books.

aledavies Tue 16-Dec-14 10:49:49

Rom on the Broom

bernie777 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:32:14

The Narnia books, though The Lion , the Witch and the Wardrobe in particular. Not only did I enjoy them as a kid, and they actually helped me communicate better (I was extremely shy, but once I started talking about them they helped me overcome my problems) but I've read them since and realized how many more layers of meaning are there within the stories. In fact, they've shaped my whole internal world, I still love fantasy and the concept of parallel worlds

eviesgranma Tue 16-Dec-14 11:40:39

The night before Christmas - its such a Christmas favorite through out th whole of our family .

LadyChelington Tue 16-Dec-14 11:56:24

The Velveteen Rabbit

GeorgeW Tue 16-Dec-14 11:59:44

The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. I loved the whole series & read them again and again when I was a child.

tracyuk55 Tue 16-Dec-14 12:05:53

The Magic Faraway Tree - still have my original copy too

heidipiedy Tue 16-Dec-14 14:48:29

Plop the owl that was afraid of the dark smile

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 16-Dec-14 16:22:49

The draw took place earlier today and was made at random - and the three winners are...

grandmac
GeminiJen
Rosannie

Congratulations all and look out for an email coming to you very soon