Gransnet forums

Care & carers

DH's slippers- can anyone explain........?

(55 Posts)
Katek Tue 01-Aug-17 08:59:07

Dh's trusty slippers are nearly ready to bite the dust. They're grubby, despite numerous washes, and his big toe is almost through the fabric on one of them. He was muttering about them every time he wore them, so I told him to choose a new pair from Next and I would order them. The new slippers arrived, perfect fit, he liked them-just what he wanted. Can anyone then explain why the new slippers are carefully placed in the wardrobe and he's continuing to wear the old ones without complaint?

gillybob Fri 20-Oct-17 08:28:27

My DH wears Adidas flip flops around the house these days . He has huge feet ( like clowns) and he is constantly putting his toes through the front of slippers . Problem solved but obviously no good to anyone a little bit unsteady as could be a tripping hazard .

I have 2 pairs of slippers on the go at any one time . A good (white) pair, constantly in and out the wash and a tatty dark coloured pair that I go in and out the house with.

Nelliemoser Fri 20-Oct-17 09:23:07

Blimey these men are all the same. Mine is reluctant to wear new clothes. (Not the emporers new clothes I hasten to add.) My OH wears sandals until the soles are so worn they a a hazard. I have kidnapped and thrown away the worst ones which were a death trap, I don't think he has noticed.

Nelliemoser Fri 20-Oct-17 09:35:36

They are all clones. My OH eventually threw out lots of old pants about a month ago. They were in such a dusgraceful state the elasticated tops were barely attached to the fabric of the pants. He has to buy his own If I bought them they would be wrong.

NonnaW Fri 20-Oct-17 09:58:18

The other way round in our house. DH wears anything new almost immediately whilst I, on the other hand, have a tendency to keep things for ‘best’. I bought new slippers about a month ago, and had to push myself to wear them this week on return from holiday, likewise new ‘dog walking’ trainers - reluctant to wear them! (I did at least make myself throw the old holey pair in the bin immediately).