Gransnet forums

Chat

Is it just old age ....

(58 Posts)
Tizliz Wed 06-Jan-16 18:27:02

This week I have

a) forgotten to add yeast to the bread
b) forgotten to remove the oven cleaner before using the oven
c) left the office door open - we have three dogs, luckily only one went out.
d) left bleach in the teapot
e) left the warming drawer on all evening
f) something else but I have forgotten what it is :-)

I never have a very good memory but this lot is exceptional. I am a bit stressed so hopefully it is only that but my brother is losing his memory to the point he is not allowed to drive and has had to retire.

Do others have the same sort of problems - I am 62 (I think!)

Nelliemoser Sun 10-Jan-16 10:06:03

Dont get me started on GN as a source of burnt pans.

annodomini Sun 10-Jan-16 10:25:27

I love this thread because it proves to me that I am not alone in my many little foibles but also because it has given me a good laugh on a quiet Sunday morning. sunshine

Nanevon Sun 10-Jan-16 11:03:31

Talking about leaving keys in the front door - a few weeks ago I got my husband in the car. He needs help as he has an oxygen bottle with him. But I forgot to go back and lock up and put the alarm on. Imagine my surprise when I got back - not only had I left the keys in the front door but I had left it open. Now of course I check twice that I have in fact locked the door. I think life is so busy and hectic these days that its hard to keep all the balls in the air at once. That's my excuse anyway.

NanKate Sun 10-Jan-16 20:18:04

Slight diversion. Maggiemaybe my favourite singer of all time is Stevie Wonder, closely followed by Elvis. You said he only had a few hits, I must differ in my view to that of yours such as:

Superstition
Signed Sealed Delivered
You are the sunshine of my life
Ebony and Ivory
Happy Birthday
As
Hundreds more ......

He is great live but sadly doesn't do the big shows anymore in the UK.

Back to the thread. I read today that people with dementia forget how to make a cuppa or put food in the airing cupboard, not the list of forgetfulness we have been listing on this thread, thankfully.

Mancunianma Tue 12-Jan-16 12:25:55

I write things down......into lists!! smile

Mancunianma Tue 12-Jan-16 12:29:20

I write things down......into lists!!

Mancunianma Tue 12-Jan-16 12:31:43

Oops.....but I don't know how to use this site....repeating myself!! eek! :-(