Gransnet forums

Chat

Strange things you have lurking in your handbag ?

(111 Posts)
Swizzywhiz Wed 08-Apr-20 00:08:11

My handbag is usually a mess, filled with receipts, hankies, hair clips and all the usual rubbish but I’ve just found something unusual at the bottom of it.
Half a cooked fish finger !
No idea how it got there or how long it’s been there !
Anybody else had a visit from the fish finger fairy ?

Septimia Wed 08-Apr-20 15:33:34

My handbag contains all sorts of "useful" things - including a tyre pressure gauge.

Esmerelda Wed 08-Apr-20 16:05:45

These have given my a right giggle ... thank you ladies!
Since retirement I no longer bother with a handbag - just put keys, phone, purse (with cards) and hanky in my pockets - so am sorry that I can't add to the hilarity!

Nortsat Wed 08-Apr-20 16:35:42

Oh Hetty ... making off with someone else’s lunch ... that did make me laugh.

And the raw sausage in the cardigan pocket ... what a shock that must have been.
?

NewHere Wed 08-Apr-20 20:15:20

Nothing worse than finding a forgotten banana in the bottom of your handbag!!

Chewbacca Wed 08-Apr-20 20:17:58

A popsock. Just the one.

Daisyboots Wed 08-Apr-20 22:37:13

To my shame it would be steak not once but several times. Our favourite restaurant at the time served up such large steaks and we would ask to take one home with us. DH would always ask for a doggy bag but really it would be for me as a steak sandwich next day. OK if it was in a pepper sauce because it would go in a tin foil container. But the times it would be wrapped in foil and I would forget all about it and find it several days later. Once was when I was rummaging for for a receipt at a jewellers.

rugbymumcumbria Wed 08-Apr-20 22:47:21

I once pulled out a parsnip from my handbag when I was at a parents evening at school. I was looking for a pen. The parsnip was useless.

Daisyboots Wed 08-Apr-20 23:09:46

Back in 1961 (I was 17) I treated my Mum to a trip to the theatre in the West End to see West Side Story. It was a week day night so it was a bit of a rush to get there after Mum got home from work and changed. As we walked into the theatre Mum tripped on the small step and she and her handbag went flying . As she stood up and picked up her handbag the Doorman in all his livery was holding her cycle lock in his hand with a disdainful look. We laughed about it for many a year.

Kiwigramz Thu 09-Apr-20 02:49:07

I can never ever find any teaspoons when I want one. I think I must have been a magpie in a former life, they appear out of handbags, Coat pockets and in the car. Done it since I can remember

BettyBoop49 Thu 09-Apr-20 09:52:08

I have a large fullsome bust. After my sons wedding I arrived home to find that my granddaughter (10 months) who
had spent a large part of the wedding breakfast on my lap, had been posting her lunch of tiny cheese cubes, raisins, tiny bits of date and little pieces of oat cake down the front of my dress!! I remember remarking to her mother what a good appetite she had.
I was clearly too busy talking and drinking to notice what going on right in front of me!!