Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you missing?

(133 Posts)
vampirequeen Thu 16-Apr-20 08:26:56

This is a fun post. Please don't criticise posters for not taking lockdown seriously.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm missing garden centres.

Annaram1 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:02:01

Oh dear. I thought I could drive the car a little way. I have gone out in the car no more than 2 miles. and enjoy the change of scenery.

BladeAnnie Thu 16-Apr-20 11:05:54

Obviously my girls
AND football ? x

Mollygo Thu 16-Apr-20 11:13:03

Other than family obviously.
Work
Having my hair cut and/or coloured!!!
Being able to meet with friends for coffee.
Shopping without feeling guilty.

arosebyanyothername Thu 16-Apr-20 11:14:00

We're a very 'huggy' family.

Even my 7 year old grandson who always resisted hugs (naturally enough) tells me on Facetime that I am going to get a huge hug from him when he can. Can't wait!

hulahoop Thu 16-Apr-20 11:14:01

Besides family I miss freedom to go anywhere I want and going shopping my Dd and her partner are really good to go shopping for us but I miss being able to buy things what take my fancy on the day .in the scheme of things I shouldn't moan.

arthursfam Thu 16-Apr-20 11:14:43

In reply to those of you missing Garden Centres,in our weekend paper there was a list of Nurseries that grow for Chelsea and other shows which have been cancelled and are now selling mail order. I bought some pelegoniums—four for £20 including postage from POTASH NURSERIES. They are in Suffolk and I was able to choose which type I wanted,in my case, trailers and upright ones

Neilspurgeon0 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:15:44

Reply to ninathenana

Here you go www.rct.uk/visit/palace-of-holyroodhouse/highlights-of-the-palace-of-holyroodhouse?dm_i=4SVR,BHJY,UZYIF,19HSV,1#/#stateapartments a complete 360 degree stroll around the Royal Bedchamber at the Palace of Holyrood house grin

RosesAreRed21 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:24:11

My daughters and grandchildren

mrsgreenfingers56 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:34:06

Seeing family and the supermarket not being so stressful. Things we took for normal a few weeks ago are now something of the past.

sandelf Thu 16-Apr-20 11:37:41

Same as Eglantine21 , but at church we used to shake hands and say 'Peace be with you', I wonder what we will do when the doors open again. I love the quiet and polite atmosphere and waiting while people go through a door or round a narrow corner. A gentle smile and nod in greeting is fine for me. The only thing I 'miss' may be the assumption that everything will be in stock at supermarkets. - And of course, seeing close friends and family - but we are all in that boat.

Grandmabeach Thu 16-Apr-20 11:40:04

Apart from family and friends not a lot. I am taking the opportunity to catch up on my 'bucket' list of things to do at home.

patricia1958 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:45:13

More than anything not seeing my 2 grandsons

adrisco Thu 16-Apr-20 11:45:36

Going to the library. Also picking my granddaughter up from school.

Molly10 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:50:03

It is a serious time we are going through right now but it doesn't stop us

Missing - freedom to go out or do our usual things without a second thought.
Grateful - loved ones are doing ok.
Looking forward to - enjoying fish and chips on the sea front.

Aepgirl Thu 16-Apr-20 12:00:54

Just jumping in my car and driving wherever I want.

3nanny6 Thu 16-Apr-20 12:01:33

Missing the family and not going into their homes also my brother we are close and have only spoken at a distance with him outside my house.

All laugh at this one thing I want is to buy some BRAS in my Asda store. I have found the Bra I like unbelievably which is a lovely fit and good support (I need a large size) I have 4 of them but I just want a few more.
Nobody is going into the clothing section in any of the large shops so not sure if we are supposed to use that section but to me Bras are essential without one my bosoms would just flop everywhere.

TrendyNannie6 Thu 16-Apr-20 12:07:49

The freedom of actually going for a walk, it goes without saying I’m missing my AC n GC, when you aren’t allowed to go for walk and your exercise has to be at home it’s hard. But hey! It’s the safe thing to do,

NanaPlenty Thu 16-Apr-20 12:10:45

Seeing grandchildren, spending time with my girls, popping into town and having a stroll at leisure and a Costa coffee. Also missing the garden centre and a trip to the seaside.

Guineagirl Thu 16-Apr-20 12:12:12

Medium extra hot cappuccino and seeded toast with friends who make me laugh

Jaycee5 Thu 16-Apr-20 12:31:18

I miss just being able to hop on a bus. First trip to the supermarket. Next to somewhere with nice flowers that you can just be in for no particular reason.
It would be great if everything could get back to normal - except for the traffic so that the air stays clear.
I also want to go somewhere there is a river or water of some kind just to sit near.

cangran Thu 16-Apr-20 12:36:13

Going for walks. It's especially irksome as our London streets have never been less polluted from far fewer vehicles on the roads and it would be great to walk without breathing in fumes. I just hope all those who think they have a right to drive wherever they want (and I mean those who have alternatives like walking, cycling and public transport, not those who must drive for work or lack of other means), will think twice before driving everywhere when this is all over.

annifrance Thu 16-Apr-20 12:38:08

Nothing!

LIZZIE28 Thu 16-Apr-20 12:40:12

Meeting friends for tea and toast at the local tea shop.

Luckygirl Thu 16-Apr-20 12:42:08

Hugs! - just a small one would do!!!

narrowboatnan Thu 16-Apr-20 12:57:06

I miss my hairdresser; being able to hop on the park and ride bus into Cambridge for Hotel Chocolat and John Lewis; lunch out before getting the park and ride back; being able to browse the middle aisles in Aldi; charity shops; and, most of all, my weekly sessions as a volunteer with my local Riding for Disabled group.