Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Thu 30-Apr-20 06:09:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky and dry with cloud here in Brackley this morning.
Today, watch TV , do the Kitchen Floor , see what mail I get .
But mostly I looked at what things I have beside the computer , TV, I have books, CD`s and DVD`s only played if a situation of nothing else , and of course the phone.
The end of the month ,and the start of anew one tomorrow .
Take Care ,
Mick

GabriellaG54 Thu 30-Apr-20 11:52:52

call all
but and but he

Serendipity22 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:09:01

Good afternoon everyone .... hahahaha.... I did say Good Morning on YESTERDAYS post instead of todays ooooops..... I dont even known what day it is !!!

The weather is chilly and blue sky..... I have been sat in the kitchen with my sewing machine and endless coffees, I am making a patchwork drawstring bag for my friend... the material is various pieces of her GC clothes.... I'm not blowing trumpets, but I'm pleased with it so far smile.

Later today I am going to do the weekly food shopping, I need ( I emphasize the word 'need') a hair dye, so I am going to Morrisons to get it and do my weekly shop at the same time .....

Before I go, a word of positivity, we will get through this, we will. smile

Serendipity22 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:10:28

Oooops.... forgot to say Good Afternoon from Yorkshire ...smile

dragonfly46 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:16:25

Gabrielle you seem to lead a charmed life.
I would give anything to be able to go out for runs and most of all to go to M&S and choose my food.
Those apple turnovers are indeed delightful but as it would seem I am going to be shielded until September when Ocado will start delivering M&S food I will have to wait until then.

GrannyOwl5 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:23:56

Good afternoon all from east Kent...did hope to post earlier, but got caught up with things. I have been out in the big wide scary world - it's still there but a bit quieter! I delivered some groceries to a shielding friend on the other side of town, so had to use my car for the first time in weeks which felt very strange!
Hope those with birthdays have a reasonably good day; good wishes to Dexter and little Henry.
Stay safe and well everyone else!

Susan56 Thu 30-Apr-20 16:04:12

Hi everyone,just to let you know I have heard from Cherry.
She was admitted to hospitaldue to her medical condition,now home but on strict rest and recuperation for 24 hours.
She hopes to be back posting soon and sends her thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages.
So relieved to hear from her and that she is on the mend?

Marydoll Thu 30-Apr-20 16:06:49

Thanks for letting us know, I was wondering if she was ok.
Hoping she feels better soon.

GabriellaG54 Thu 30-Apr-20 19:08:03

dragonfly46
?
It may seem that way to some but I assure you, it's just my normal at the mo and Itry to enjoy myself as much as possible within the limits of the new regs.
This morning I took the bus and arrived at M&S about 08.8 which is the oldies hour (8-9) and I was the only passenger for the whole journey, about 35 mins. The buses passing M&S are pretty infrequent now so I had a wait to catch the return and it had 3 other people on it. Seats are alternate rows with others marked as not in use. Buses are so clean, seats freshly steamed and you could eat off the floor.
No Marks staff were wearing masks or gloves, nor was I and shelves were full to bursting with everything you could want.
I do however, get home deliveries from Sainsos and if your delivery is after 2pm and your order is £100 or more, it's free. I let someone else shop on my account so I can have a small order and they make up the difference.
My life is very ordinary but I'm in excellent health and have no worries so that may contribute to your perception of my living a charmed life.
Also, I am not as involved with the daily ins and outs with AC GC and GGC as they all live further than 100 miles from me and all except the tinies are working f/t. We are not face-timing every day and often not even every week so not as involved as most seem to be on here.
I don't want to live their lives and know all the details. They are capable adults and find their own solutions. We all prefer it that way and if they didn't, I certainly do. ???

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 30-Apr-20 19:55:25

Has anyone heard from MOnica recently?