Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Thu 30-Apr-20 06:09:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky and dry with cloud here in Brackley this morning.
Today, watch TV , do the Kitchen Floor , see what mail I get .
But mostly I looked at what things I have beside the computer , TV, I have books, CD`s and DVD`s only played if a situation of nothing else , and of course the phone.
The end of the month ,and the start of anew one tomorrow .
Take Care ,
Mick

SusieB50 Thu 30-Apr-20 08:08:52

Good morning from East London , cool but sunny at the moment . Decided today to change the bedroom curtains , I bought some new ones a while ago but when DH died I lost all interest in changing things . So will tell my DS I’m up a stepladder and make sure I have my mobile at hand ! Yesterday I slept till 9.00 as I had been awake for hours during the night . I usually set an alarm for 8 to give some order to my day but turned it off at 4am ! I woke to my phone ringing and a frantic DD calling . She was outside the front door with some shopping for me and was imagining the worst ! I never sleep late . Made me realise that DC must be anxious about me being alone .

Lins1066 Thu 30-Apr-20 08:12:33

Good Morning Mick and everyone. Raining in our part of the S Welsh coast and it is chilly.
I read yesterday that it is National Garden Week, Mr Lins commented that it has been National Garden Month!
Our local U3A delivered some face masks yesterday which was kind, I will email our thanks this morning.
Happy 100th Birthday to Captain Tom, now an honorary Colonel
Good luck to Dexter, I really hope the operation is a success. An anxious time for you dragonfly, we are all wishing you well.
Welcome to Juju17
Stay safe everyone.

Newquay Thu 30-Apr-20 08:25:45

Good morning all.I’m more of a «lurker»but i love hearing from you all and where you are. I’m in Staffs and it’s quite sunny at the mo. I feel like captain Tom, doing my walk around our garden. We have a shrubbery (laid to bark over membrane so less work see?) with a path round it but, since the rain I’ve stopped walking round there so it’s out the patio door, up and down the patio, the length of the garden path (alongside greenhouse) back down, repeat patio then down side of house to front, circle round front-greeting anyone who’s about-then start again! Not as interesting as the travel journeys on telly but I just keep going til pain in back stops me! Usually manage up to 8,000 steps.

harrigran Thu 30-Apr-20 08:42:18

Good morning from a dry and bright NE, we really have had some lovely weather for April.
Happy Birthday Colonel Tom, an inspiration to us all.
Not a lot to do today but I have piles of books to read so am not worrying.
Thinking of Dexter.
Take care all.

gillybob Thu 30-Apr-20 08:42:46

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another grey and chilly start to the day .

Just wanted to jump right in and wish Captain Tom a very Happy Birthday and to wish my darling, most precious baby girl Evie a very Happy 2nd Birthday too. I’m so sorry that I will not see her today, feeling quite upset right now so will come back later . ?

Grammaretto Thu 30-Apr-20 08:43:13

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where we now have rain. The garden looks lovely but it's a shame there is nobody to see it or enjoy it apart from us 2.

Milk delivery day here so we haven't had breakfast yet. We get a crate delivered weekly in returnable glass bottles.

Happy Birthday to the wonderful Colonel Tom who has been such an inspiration.

Indoor stuff today. I may make some face masks since Nicola is suggesting they may help and I watched the sewing bee last night.

Careful up your ladder SusieB50

Have a good Thursday everyone, especially those struggling.

Brunette10 Thu 30-Apr-20 08:50:07

Good Morning from a dull and wettish Fife. Oh dear, no gardening or washing for me either today. However the gardens are in need of some rain. Congratulations to our wonderful newly promoted Col Tom, what an honour, he has done so well. Well we've not had a day like this before, weather wise so not sure what I shall do. Think I will do the 'Cunard' scones and see how they turn out. Apart from our daily walk if weather allows that's about it for today. I hope everyone is still keeping safe. Chin Up.

Gelisajams Thu 30-Apr-20 08:50:24

Good morning from a cool breezy Morecambe Bay. Exercise free day today, though We might have a short walk later if it stays dry. DH is planning to wash our windows but I haven’t got anything in particular to do. May investigate if I’ve got enough material in my scraps box to make some bunting. Take care everyone and stay safe. ?

Anniebach Thu 30-Apr-20 08:55:27

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Thu 30-Apr-20 09:03:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sun can’t make its mind up whether to stay out or not in South Yorkshire, but we might squeeze in a walk today. DiL gave me a recipe for muffins so I might make those later. I don’t have a good record with muffins - I tend to over mix them. Watch this space! Happy birthday and a smart salute to Captain Tom! Enjoy your fly past, Sir! Have a good day folks!

Grandmafrench Thu 30-Apr-20 09:06:12

Morning everyone and welcome newbies and ‘lurkers’.(You must join in, Newquay before you’ve put a groove in that patio, or are you on a mission like Col. Tom? ?‍♀️)

Cloudy start here in S of France ?. Bonkers weather but sunshine expected later so hopefully back to the garden then.
Given some sunflower seedlings yesterday. (Well, they are behind friend’s gate for collection when DH next goes out to shop!) She said she had 72 and wasn’t expecting such success, so we’ll make a space for some of those giant smiley faces ?. Off now to bake some bread...think I’m stuck with this now as it tastes so much better than anything we buy. Thank the lord for a machine with a dough hook, otherwise I’d end up with arms like Desperate Dan at this rate!

Hope you survived your shopping marathon, gilly (without tears) and your weather’s better. (I am not joking....why do you think I don’t go shopping? ?) Wishing hard for little Dexter (and you) dragonfly and to all and anyone with pain or worries today. ((())) Hugs and good wishes from ??

Annapops Thu 30-Apr-20 09:09:09

Good morning all. Another dull start here today, but never mind, we won't be going far.
Photos have been sorted for the slideshow DD1 is creating for DS 40th birthday tomorrow. Now where has that time gone? We shall have a zoom family party together to celebrate.
A pic for you harrigran of yesterday's trip to Ushaw. It was beautifully quiet with rhododendron bushes beginning to bloom. We also discovered a recently decorated tree with what looks like decorative beads from spirit bottles. The spirit and spirituality coming together.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Annapops Thu 30-Apr-20 09:10:52

For harrigran.

Nortsat Thu 30-Apr-20 09:14:50

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a bright east London.

I was a bit low yesterday (6th week of shielding). I fell asleep in the afternoon at about 2.00pm and didn’t wake up until 6.30 pm. My partner thought he should let me sleep, as I must need it. However Missy, our 15 year old cat had other ideas, by 6.30 pm, when she wanted her supper, so she purred loudly in my ear and woke me ?.

Boy, I was groggy and couldn’t think. My partner sorted the supper out, which was pizza from the freezer, a green salad and a glass of Pinot Noir. We ate from trays and watched television - and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Normal service resumes today.

I hope everyone has a good day, special good thoughts to those who need them and ‘let’s be careful out there’ ?

Puzzler61 Thu 30-Apr-20 09:18:45

Brunette10 I’ve looked at recipe for Cunard Scones too - please post a photo when you’ve baked them. Yum. ? (no emoji for scone sadly)

brook2704 Thu 30-Apr-20 09:22:07

Happy 2nd Birthday to little Evie gillybob I can understand how you must be feeling not seeing her ?
Sending hugs ?

19829chad Thu 30-Apr-20 09:23:24

Morning all from a slightly sunny Telford. I have just discovered u tube on my tv I have so far followed a silver swans ballet class, completed a tap routine, done tai chi most mornings and yoga tonight. I am sleeping much deeper and not certain if I can fit going back to work into my busy day! Take care all and stay safe.

Nannytopsy Thu 30-Apr-20 09:34:06

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
A mixture of sunshine and cloud in Suffolk with a strong breeze. Out in the garden again now it has stopped raining. Peas and beans to plant today.
Have a good a day as you can.

Beechnut Thu 30-Apr-20 09:35:56

Happy Birthday little Evie ????

Nortsat Thu 30-Apr-20 09:39:48

Yes, forgot to say Happy birthday to Captain Tom and little Evie ???

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 30-Apr-20 09:44:39

Good morning from Hampshire/Surrey border. I really MUST stir my stumps. So many of you lovely folk keep cheerful and positive in spite of difficulties it makes me feel ashamed of myself. I will do better today.
Very happy birthday Captain Tom. Over 30 million pounds raised for NHS charities, and what a wonderful family he has, thank you all.

Urmstongran Thu 30-Apr-20 09:46:25

Yes wishing a very happy birthday to little Evie. 2y old today - that’s gone fast!

I know you’ll be upset gillybob. Many on here have felt the same about not being able to share birthdays with relatives during these difficult days. But take consolation that she and your daughter are fit & HEALTHY. That’s the main thing right now.
❤️

Susan56 Thu 30-Apr-20 09:53:26

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is really cold and wet.
I set myself a target to walk 100 miles each month this year,not as much as it sounds,completed April’s yesterday so will take it easy today ready to start May’s miles tomorrow.100 miles walking round the house and garden.DH says good job we have wooden floors or we would need new carpets!
Happy birthday to little Evie????so sorry you can’t celebrate with her gilly but hope you can have a belated celebration before too long.x
Good luck to Dexter today and really hoping his operation helps.
Henry has his appointment with the paediatrician today.Really hoping they get some good advice and help for him.
Cherry,sending love and hope you are ok.x
Have the best day you can everybody??

gillgran Thu 30-Apr-20 10:02:16

Good Morning, from a cloudy North Cambridgeshire, a bit more rain forecast for today. Hope you all have as good a day as possible in these strange times. Happy Birthday to all who have their special day, today, whether they are lovely girls who are 2, or grand old gentlemen of 100...!!!

gillybob Thu 30-Apr-20 10:03:25

Thank you brook, Beechnut, Norstat and Urms smile

I know I should be happy and grateful that she is safe and well but I can’t help but feel sad that she will be spending her birthday alone with her mummy thinking that her grandma mustn’t love her any more ... I used to see her 3,4 times a week and now I don’t see her ever. I know it might sound pathetic but I can’t help it . I’m so sorry for everyone else who are missing their grandchildren too.