Gransnet forums

Chat

My DDs' fb friends

(56 Posts)
kittylester Sat 23-May-20 17:50:39

Our lovely next door neighbour has just sent a Facebook friend request which I happily accepted. She was at school with DD2 and I know her mum.

I am fb friends with all my children. grin and I am 'friends' with a few of all my children's friends IYSWIM.

However, I wouldn't ever consider sending any friend requests to any others. I think it's because I assume they wouldn't want to be friends with someone like their mum. I would, however, happily accept them.

Am I being silly - does anyone else feel like this? Or has lockdown got to me?

GardenofEngland Sun 24-May-20 18:41:30

Stopped Facebook nearly 5 years ago. The best decision. Not missed it one bit don't want to know what my children post or snoop on them not worth the worry.

kittylester Sun 24-May-20 21:27:23

I dont worry about things my children post on fb! They would sgarevanything i might worry about with me and dh, not fb.

I find fb a good way of keeping up to date with them along with phone calls, video calls, WhatsApp and Insragram.

Hawera1 Sun 24-May-20 23:53:58

I sometimes lol at what my sons friends are posting but purely because I.like to see their beautiful children and our sons don't keep in touch with them a lot. I had a lot to do with them when they were younger. I don't send friend requests but if they do I accept. Initially my sons weren't happy about it but they have got over it. One of my sons has left Facebook anyway.

Hawera1 Sun 24-May-20 23:54:20

Meant to be look

arosebyanyothername Mon 25-May-20 21:22:59

A lot of my cousins live in Canada and Australia so Facebook is a good way to connect. Recently I’ve had friend requests from people I was at school with. These are people I never really mixed with so I think they’re just ‘collecting friends’
Can’t see the point myself.