Gransnet forums

Chat

Stop trying to change things you can't. Peace of Mind

(58 Posts)
Notright Wed 03-Jun-20 11:29:20

I have a brief look at the forums most mornings and to be honest I'm stopping. Why? Doesn't anyone have anything better to say than moan, moan, moan.
Has no-one got anything positive, happy or cheerful going on in their lives. There must be something funny next doors children did, rather than something naughty they did. Or what reading has cheered you up lately; or what book do you recommend to take the reader away from all this.
Please, feeling sorry for yourself only leads to misery. Spoil yourself - watch TV all day instead of worrying about cleaning the bathroom, accompanied by a couple of glasses of wine. Play cards with your husband or partner. If you've got older grandchildren get them to organise a weekly meet-up with the family on Zoom. I promise you that is fun. Look out of the window on our sunny days at the beautiful blue blue sky that will once again disappear once planes start flying and cars fill the road. Listen to the birds.
We can't change things so enjoy what you can do please. Keep Safe everyone.

Rufus2 Fri 05-Jun-20 12:17:49

I would leave if everyone here was aggressively cheerful
No chance of you leaving soon then, MissAdventure, that's for sure! grin
"There is no conversation more boring than when every one agrees"
"It pays to be different and it also pays to be nice!" hmm
OoRoo

Megs36 Fri 05-Jun-20 19:41:24

notright I’ve often said the only opinions that count on the forums are those of the majority, I only read a couple of forums now and comment on those that are more varied in interest (to me)

Anniebach Fri 05-Jun-20 20:59:23

Who if their grandchildren are troubled tells them to go lie
down and look at the sky ?

MissAdventure Fri 05-Jun-20 22:14:48

Everyone's opinion counts.
Some like to think theirs is more important, but it ain't so.

Megs36 Sat 06-Jun-20 11:29:59

Miss Adventure Totally agree , particularly that some think theirs is more important

Megs36 Sat 06-Jun-20 11:32:12

while some can just be ignored. ?‍♀️Sorry sent too soon!

Rufus2 Sat 06-Jun-20 14:02:11

lie down and look at the sky ?
Annie Sounds very attractive, but not in soggy mid-Wales if you don't wish to get double-pneumonia! hmm
Btw how are you getting on with Fred?; Hope you are on top of your agoraphobia! Take care!
Good Health
Slainte