Gransnet forums

Chat

Somebody’s got to do it....

(130 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 25-Jul-20 20:36:31

What does everyone make of the latest Meghan and Harry ?

Anniebach Sun 26-Jul-20 12:07:03

The media ? There isn’t a book, it’s all made up by the media ?

Jane43 Sun 26-Jul-20 12:26:16

For those demanding they be left alone do you honestly believe that is what they want? Harry possibly might but Meghan certainly doesn’t. We visited Vancouver Island many times over thirty years because we had family there. Until last year DH’s sister lived in Sidney very close to where H and M were staying when they first left the U K. It is the ideal place to live if you want a peaceful life in beautiful surroundings where people will leave you alone if that is what you want. They chose to move from there to Los Angeles where being left alone and leading a quiet life is the last thing that will happen.

Beauregard Sun 26-Jul-20 15:19:25

Nothing they do now will turn favour back towards them, certainly not with this book. They have burnt their bridges in spectacular style. The self made negativity surrounding them has gone too far for that.

We should indeed leave them alone. The press and tv should also leave them alone with a complete news blackout. And if only they would leave us alone too and stop keep popping up everywhere reminding us that they can't bear to be out of the news and the tabloids they so despise.

merlotgran Mon 27-Jul-20 09:48:01

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8562519/JAN-MOIR-Meghan-Harry-biography-whinge-Windsor.html

Another fair and well balanced article by Jan Moir.

timetogo2016 Mon 27-Jul-20 10:10:32

It will be in the charity shops before you know it along side of Katie Price` rubbish book.

Anniebach Mon 27-Jul-20 10:48:55

merlot thank you for the link, it was spot on. They objected
to the fact Harry is 6th in line to the throne and as such wasn’t
given top billing before Charles and William.

OurKid1 Mon 27-Jul-20 11:11:33

Bluebellwould I guessed that this thread would be about H and M before opening it! I must admit to reading everything I can about them, but behind the settee (metaphorically) while keeping it hidden behind something more acceptable ... #notjustmeisit? I guess I just like gossip ...

TerriBull Mon 27-Jul-20 11:22:24

Who are they grin

Just kidding, read snippets from the book in yesterday's Sunday Times. Here are some extracts Roya Nikkhah, Royal correspondent made "However much the Sussexes distance themselves from the book, it reads like a ghostwritten autobiography. A Diana: Her True Story Mk 2, if you will. The aim of the book was to portray the real Harry and Meghan a couple who have been inaccurately portrayed and victims of those with personal agendas" the writers say. "That may have been the original aim but over 24 chapters of score settling and swipes at the royal family, the institution of monarchy, royal aides and the media, their admirable charitable endeavours are swamped by bitter recriminations. The book is likely to make particularly hurtful reading for the Queen, the grandmother Harry has said he adores" She goes on to quote a fond friend of Harry "The old Harry would never do this, it's needless drama, drama, drama" In summary she says that "Harry and Meghan's still raw rage leaps off the pages - it is us against the world" at every turn"

A previous editor of "Vanity Fair" questioned the sense of the move to LA, using their platform to lecture people while living in a 14 bedroomed mansion, flying about in private planes and living off the state. "Being a soldier and liking football are not saleable talents out there" apparently.

Can't help thinking Harry's burnt his boats somewhat.

Anniebach Mon 27-Jul-20 12:09:51

she Is so jealous of Kate, complained Kate didn’t speak to her
at the service in Westminster Abbey, and William did speak to
Harry, will we have Edward and Sophie throwing a strop because Charles and Camilla did chat to them

merlotgran Mon 27-Jul-20 13:27:41

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8564033/PIERS-MORGAN-Meghan-Harrys-new-book-confirms-theyre-worlds-tone-deaf-whiny-brats.html

I know a lot of people can't stand Piers Morgan. I'm not that crazy about him myself but I don't think there are many who would disagree with this article.

Jane43 Tue 28-Jul-20 12:39:19

I feel very sad for the Queen and for Prince Charles. Apparently Prince Philip walked out of the meeting to discuss their exit strategy because he couldn’t bear to see how upset his wife was. Prince Charles fought in Harry’s corner for the couple to be able to marry in Windsor chapel because it was against protocol because she was a divorcee. He also walked Meghan half way down the aisle and seemed to go out of his way to make Meghan’s mother feel at ease. To read that Harry says he put his position above his children must hurt and I hope he didn’t get to see a recent article in the US news in which Katherine McPhee, fifth wife of David Foster the music producer, said how very close she and her husband are to Meghan and Harry and that Harry now views David as a father. A friend in the USA sent me that information, she was previously a huge fan of Harry and Meghan, now she is disgusted with their behaviour. My DH hardly ever says a bad word about anybody and doesn't read what he refers to as gossip but even he said yesterday that Harry has made huge mistakes and damaged the royal family. Harry has too much time on his hands, is overthinking everything and reading malice into the simplest things.

I never dreamed on that beautiful day when the couple got married that things would end this way.

Anniebach Tue 28-Jul-20 13:59:21

Charles and Camilla married in the registrars office and had a
blessing in St. George’s Chapel, because Camilla was a divorcee.

GillT57 Tue 28-Jul-20 14:08:07

For two people who claim to wish to be left alone.there is an awful lot of 'look at me' going on.

eazybee Tue 28-Jul-20 14:16:50

The H & M saga is becoming risible. Meghan had no understanding of the Royal Family when she married into it, but blithely thought she would be able to use it as a background for her pseudo- Hollywood aspirations. Harry was/is so infatuated he has lost all sense of judgement and is revealing an increasingly unpleasant side of his personality.

What a debacle, simply because they could not accept they were supporting players.

ladymuck Tue 28-Jul-20 14:18:35

Princess Diana had good reason to be bitter, and most of us sympathised with her.
Prince Harry and Meghan may feel they are entitled to the same sympathy. Can't see why.
Miserable, self-pitying whingers. We can do without them, thank you very much.

Smileless2012 Tue 28-Jul-20 14:35:48

Thanks for the link to the Jan Moir article merlotgran it wash highly entertaining; probably a lot better than the bookgrin.

Jane43 Tue 28-Jul-20 15:02:44

Anniebach

Charles and Camilla married in the registrars office and had a
blessing in St. George’s Chapel, because Camilla was a divorcee.

Yes that’s why Charles fought for Harry to be married at St George’s Chapel, Windsor.

Jane43 Tue 28-Jul-20 15:04:15

GillT57

For two people who claim to wish to be left alone.there is an awful lot of 'look at me' going on.

Yes like a two year old having a tantrum and having a quick look to see who’s watching.

merlotgran Tue 28-Jul-20 15:34:39

DH reckons they keep popping up like meerkats to see how the land lies! grin

timetogo2016 Tue 28-Jul-20 15:40:32

Not interested in reading anything about any of them.
So un-important to me.
The so-called book will be in the charity shops within months and what`s the betting the Depp rubbish will be made into a film as i have no doubt Covid 19 will be.

Jabberwok Tue 28-Jul-20 16:30:18

Princess Anne as a divorcee remarried quietly in Scotland, Princess Beatrice married at All Saints Windsor, presumably because her bridegroom had been in a long term relationship and has a 4 year old son from this relationship . How much more dignified these weddings were than the all star jamboree that was Harry and Meghans!
If these two wanted, as we were led to believe, a life of privacy and virtual anonymity, then why didn't they opt to live in a secluded location and keep a low profile? The public would have forgotten about them long ago! To write this bitter book
lambasting the RF including Harry's much loved (??!!) grandmother is incomprehensible! Accusing the UK public and press of racism while of course accepting public money, is just dreadful and completely untrue. I can only suppose that Prince Harry's mental problems, real or imaginary, have caused him to lose his reason, or perhaps he is a truly unpleasant person, and that charming delightful young man was just a front!

allium Tue 28-Jul-20 16:34:59

Couldn't care less is this really news?

Jabberwok Tue 28-Jul-20 17:29:58

For those of us who do care, yes!

Anniebach Tue 28-Jul-20 17:33:41

merlot love it

Harry has married his mother, he and his wife are victims,
he believes the press are hounding his wife as he believes the
press hounded his mother, yet he and his wife are doing the very same as his mother did, - playing the press when it suits
them, gets on the front pages as often as they can.

merlotgran Tue 28-Jul-20 17:38:32

Couldn't care less is this really news?

No, it isn't. That's why it's in 'Chat' grin