Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Sun 13-Sep-20 06:22:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another twilight start but its dry here in Brackley .
Just basically did Bicester yesterday ,and did a small shop in Sainsburys as I needed a new duvet was surprised at the price , thinking it would be allot dearer ,makes me wonder with reductions whether old stock is still om shelves as regards to non essentials .
Also we have just had a fair in brackley despite the current situ as to virus , popped out to get a take away , having watched the TdF yesterday ,and having to walk through some of the fair late afternoon , one of the rides had already packed up, and ready to move on.
Today watch TdF later as the drama of the race unfolds .
Take Care ,
Mick

Lins1066 Sun 13-Sep-20 08:41:25

Good Morning Mick and all from a cloudy S Welsh coast. Didn't sleep well last night. Took the puppy on his first walk yesterday, though you'd never guess, the training 'walks' in the garden seem to have paid off. The only thing that fazed him was seeing another dog on a lead. Happy Anniversary GrannyGravy13. Stay safe everyone.

EllanVannin Sun 13-Sep-20 08:43:43

Good Morning All x
Fine but some cloud around which could disperse if it warms up, hopefully as a nice bright day makes all the difference.

It's been a strange few days without any means of contact apart from emails. I wrote a stiff letter to the phone company and realised I didn't have a stamp----I do miss the post office since it closed down 6 months ago.
Just one more sleep and hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow afternoon.

Window cleaning this morning, sun's shining on the patio windows and they're looking streaky. It must be all of 3 weeks since they were done. Nets to be washed as well.

Lazy dinner today, chicken, ham and leek pie from M&S new pots and froz mixed veg. Don't know what's for afters but I 'll think of something. Same tomorrow with the other half of the pie.

Sorry about you poorly ladies, rest as much as you can.flowers Thoughts to our other ladies who can't be with us xx.

What a beautiful bed cover GrandMattie, you clever girl, it's lush. You haven't wasted any time during lockdown grin It's a work of art.

Stomach's rumbling for my crumpets now so I'll bid you all a good day and stay safe everyone. xx

Urmstongran Sun 13-Sep-20 08:49:07

Hi there Sark not seen you post for a while. Good to hear from you again!
?

Glad you’re feeling more relaxed Grandmabatty. Probably on high alert for the sleepover with your baby of the family. Let those shoulders drop now! ? I used to love the baby nonsense chats. I used to find that inserting “Really?” now and again into the ‘conversation’ helped things along nicely. Showed I was listening and engaged even though I couldn’t follow any logic
?

Congratulations GG13 on your wedding anniversary. Enjoy a happy day ??

Anniebach Sun 13-Sep-20 08:51:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Sun 13-Sep-20 08:52:10

Still keep some crumpets in the freezer EV? Wish I had some right now. Perhaps I’m feeling better?

Right, I’ll shut up now as this is becoming the Ug show.
?

mumofmadboys Sun 13-Sep-20 09:14:27

Good morning all! Another one full of admiration for your work Grandmattie! Hope all who are unwell are soon in the mend. Keep safe all.

Georgesgran Sun 13-Sep-20 09:19:38

Good morning from Durham. Bright, windy but quite mild.
At Big Hospital for DH’s CTscan - thank you for your good wishes yesterday. Now an uncomfortable wait for the results - fear they aren’t going to be good.
Quilt looks stunning - I’ve neither the patience or the expertise to attempt much. Best wishes to those and their beloved animals who are under the weather.
Great North Run (cancelled) today and we’ve passed small groups of runners doing the distance around Town - hope those sponsored manage to raise their funds.

Enjoy whatever Sunday brings your way. X

EllanVannin Sun 13-Sep-20 09:20:14

Urmston, yes, I had crumpets in the freezer up until last week so it's time for another stock up, as well as Lurpak which a 250g size doesn't even last me a week and corner shops don't stock 750g tubs sad

EllanVannin Sun 13-Sep-20 09:20:58

It's not that I'm greedy---I just like a lot grin

Auntieflo Sun 13-Sep-20 09:21:21

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. It is a lovely bright but brisk morning here.
Happy anniversary Grannygravy13, It is also our daughter and SIL's wedding anniversary today, and I forgot to send them a card, so a quick email had to do. She has replied already!
Off to Church soon and DH is doing the AV. It is a communion service, so will be interested in how it is managed.

Have a good day one and all.

kittylester Sun 13-Sep-20 09:23:21

??Gg

??? gg13

You sound better urmston. ?

Greyduster Sun 13-Sep-20 09:26:23

Happy Anniversary, GrannyGravy13???!

GrannySomerset Sun 13-Sep-20 09:28:44

North Somerset is sunny and a nice day is promised. Nothing but the ironing (not tackled yesterday) in view but I did do my second unfavourite job of cleaning the bird feeders which I need to refill as there is a row of goldfinches and blue tits on the fence wondering where breakfast is.

Sorry so many GNers are unwell. I hope this doesn’t mean an autumn of other bugs. We have eniugh to cope with as it is.

grannysyb Sun 13-Sep-20 09:32:26

Beautiful day here, I was going to sew, but must take advantage of the weather to do more gardening. The quilt is amazing Grandmattie, well done. Hope all those feeling poorly feel better soon.

MawB2 Sun 13-Sep-20 09:32:52

Good morning all from sunny N. Bucks. How glad am I that I live in a place where I can walk Hattie round the village at 4 in the morning in pj’s and a jacket, in an attempt to get her to wee?
She had a more peaceful night/morning after and has done a small wee in the garden now, but there is clearly a problem as she is off her food and stretching her back legs out behind her a lot (associated with digestive or kidney issues according to dr Google)
She did not have a temperature when at the vets yesterday but the vet agreed something is up.
See how today goes, I’d rather avoid the emergency vet if I can as the blood tests etc will come back to our regular vet who is in charge of any investigation. Sleeping in the sun now, hope she is comfortable. I am evil Mum because I have syringed ground down paracetamol (prescribed form her) with water into her mouth and got a hard look. Gracie would have had my hand off but Hattie is just so trusting - until the next time!

MellowYellow Sun 13-Sep-20 09:34:12

Morning all from a bright-skyed and bushy-tailed south Cornwall. A very pink day yesterday with 4 year old as she and I painted a flower pot on my patio and the paint went everywhere! But we had such fun. To the allotment today after several weeks' neglect, to find out how to manage it on two crutches ha ha. Where there's a will..... Lovely quilt grandMattie, such patience. The best day to all of you, especially where there are worries.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 13-Sep-20 09:34:35

Morning all from South Notts where the weather isn't really doing anything, we have pale skies, what will that bring I wonder?

Beautiful quilt, grandMattie it's such an achievement - lockdown has given we creative types the chance to really get on with things, hasn't it?

Yesterday I made 'damper' - an Australian type of bread which was so easy, no kneading or proving required which is great as my hands aren't strong and no airing cupboard here. I'll do my weekly shop later and then please myself for the rest of the day.

Hope today gets better for everyone, especially those of you who are in the sick bay.

MawB2 Sun 13-Sep-20 09:36:11

Marydoll ! Just realised why Hattie is so “zorsted” - if only we could attempt the West Highland Way! (Goes off singing “It’s the far Cuillins are putting step in me...”

EllanVannin Sun 13-Sep-20 09:37:21

Hey Urmston, good job you don't have Marydoll's cough too !!

EllanVannin Sun 13-Sep-20 09:39:42

Have a lovely Anniversary day GrannyGravy13 flowers xx

Stilllearning Sun 13-Sep-20 09:49:07

Hadn’t intended to post today but while waiting for online church I started to read the messages and just had to comment on your beautiful quilt grandMattie I was quite startled by your picture, it is really lovely and what an achievement, it must be good to feel you have used all the time in lockdown so well.
Hope all who are below par feel better soon.

Grandmafrench Sun 13-Sep-20 09:50:14

Good morning everyone from another very hot South of France morning.

Happy Anniversary to the Gravies - have a super lunch. What a talent GrandMattie and thank you for sharing.

Emergency Ward 10 is badly in need of the beds so can all the poorly souls just get better now, please? Urmston are you taking Imodium? Try not eating for 24 hours and maybe drink lots of flat Coke, if you don’t have rehydration salts, cos you’ll feel wobbly otherwise. Kitty finally! Now maybe with the pills, you’ll start to feel much better. Sorry that cough’s back Mary. Can you find a sitting-down activity today? Hattie please get better and stop worrying your Mum. Grandmabatty hope that darling boy has cheered you. Shame about the sleep, but I reckon it’s a price we willingly pay for precious time with the littlies!

Taichinan flowers, sad for your family’s loss.

I felt quite down yesterday when I learned that Terence Conran had sadly passed away. I knew him well and he had a wonderfully fulfilling life. But I also felt the loss of a time in my own life when everything was ahead, there was so much to get excited about and the world was a very different place. Thinking that The Last Night of the Proms would provide some cheer, it had quite the reverse effect ?. No, that particular traditional event for me is hardly the same without the audience. The empty Hall, the valiant little outside groups, the distanced choir and musicians...oh dear! The music was superb and the background filming , but served only to make me very sad and feel a bit hopeless. Olympics, football matches, carnivals, huge celebrations of all kinds..... hardly the same without our presence and participation. Ah well ?

So glad that late summer sunshine continues for GMers - in the the South. Don’t forget the Vit.D top ups that this will offer, so garden meet ups and cake and coffees must be top of the list at least for a while. Lazy day for me today. We may go for a walk early evening when it’s cooler and I have some emails to catch up on. Otherwise, a book, a sun lounger and a hat beckons, I think.

Have your best day of the week, all. Remember when Sunday was a day of rest? Whatever you do, please keep safe.
Hugs
????

Nortsat Sun 13-Sep-20 09:57:32

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a currently sunny east London.
Maw hope Hattie has a nice restful day.
Have a lovely day, GG13, happy anniversary ?
Kitty hope the antibiotics do the trick.
Urms have a gentle day.
GrandM another member of the Beautiful Quilt Appreciation Society here.

Another day of the slooow wardrobe clear out, sorting and listing on EBay. It’s going quite well.
I had planned leek and bacon casserole for supper, but the weather may be too warm to put the oven on. That’s the issue with the changeable weather, it makes menu planning a bit haphazard. Perhaps a takeaway instead ...

We watched a lovely film last night called ‘One Chance’ starring James Corden, Julie Walters and Colm Meaney (O’Brien from Star Trek, Next Generation). It was really uplifting, so we recommend it to anyone who feels in need of being uplifted.

Have a pleasant Sunday, all. Thinking of Bluesapphire, Dragonfly, Gilly and ?to those who need them.

Mapleleaf Sun 13-Sep-20 10:12:22

Good morning from a brightish and breezy South Yorkshire. It looks as if the sun is making a valiant attempt to break through, so fingers crossed.?

Your quilt looks magnificent, Grandmattie. How clever you are.

Happy anniversary to the GG13's. Enjoy your day. ???

To all of you feeling under the weather, I hope today brings respite.

Take care everyone.

Alegrias Sun 13-Sep-20 10:19:36

Windy Fife again this morning. DH has gone tour guiding so I hope he doesn't get blown into the sea! Making French Onion Soup for lunch today, to warm us up on an autumnal day.

What a beautiful quilt GrandMattie. It looks perfect.

Did you buy anything nice online Feelingmyage55??

Have a good day everyone smile