Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Sun 13-Sep-20 06:22:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another twilight start but its dry here in Brackley .
Just basically did Bicester yesterday ,and did a small shop in Sainsburys as I needed a new duvet was surprised at the price , thinking it would be allot dearer ,makes me wonder with reductions whether old stock is still om shelves as regards to non essentials .
Also we have just had a fair in brackley despite the current situ as to virus , popped out to get a take away , having watched the TdF yesterday ,and having to walk through some of the fair late afternoon , one of the rides had already packed up, and ready to move on.
Today watch TdF later as the drama of the race unfolds .
Take Care ,
Mick

CherryCezzy Sun 13-Sep-20 11:17:48

Good morning everyone. It's not grey in the Gower this morning, the sky is blue and there's fairweather cloud.

I've only glanced at the posts - dratted seizures again ?.

I did however notice the quilt grandMattie. How could I not - I mean wow, just wow, it's stunning!

Happy anniversary to you and your DH GrannyGravy ?? ?

? to everyone currently in the sick bay and get well soon all of you.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

brook2704 Sun 13-Sep-20 11:21:46

Happy Anniversary grannygravy hope you both enjoy your special day ???❤️?

Feelingmyage55 Sun 13-Sep-20 12:14:39

My first post disappeared. I’m late, virtual church was very chatty. We all miss one another. alegrias. Yes I did treat myself thank you. My reasoning was that the nights are drawing in. grandmattie. absolutely beautiful.
Planned to watch the ladies US Open final and the result flashed up when I opened my iPad. Grrr. I’ll still watch but ...
I’ve been a bit “off” this week and hope for a little sun before October. To those not well, I wish you an improvement. Have the best day you can.

mumofmadboys Sun 13-Sep-20 12:30:02

Your dream made me laugh Marydoll!! How funny!

travelsafar Sun 13-Sep-20 14:08:02

Oh i have had a wonderful morningsmile. I visited my son and daughter in law who i havent seen for about 6 weeks. It was soooo lovely. We all had lots to chat and laugh about. Fills my eyes with tears when i think of them i love them so much. They are going out a bit later today so both stil in PJ's when i arrived, DIL doing the ironing and son hoovering the garden, yes hoovering as they have artifical grass, they have such a small garden it wasnt worth laying turf. They both have good jobs and work real hard 6 and1/2 days a week so i felt so lucky they spared me a couple of hours out of their life it was great. My Sunday has been made by these two young people.

moggie57 Sun 13-Sep-20 14:12:36

hello from 2pm shirley near croydon .another warm day ..and theres me answering emails on pc .time to go out and get some sunshine..not bothering with lunch as i had 4 weetabix with banana and chocolate drink powder sprinkled ,am full up.. tea tonight will be tub of veg to steam...need to lose some weight.. might go to holland and barratts and pick up my pro-biotics, park is nearby so might take a book and relax...only one bus ride away...

Elizabeth1 Sun 13-Sep-20 17:15:46

After reading earlier posts re buying household goods cheap at half the price Asda’s were selling 2 pillows for £9 here’s hoping they last not a bad buy though .

Rufus2 Mon 14-Sep-20 08:24:37

Yesterday I made 'damper' - an Australian type of bread
Lovebeige Things can't be all that bad, surely?
My place mat, which I read every breakfast time is embossed with "Australian Bread and Biscuits
Bush Recipes
Drover's Damper
Traditionally made by bushmen; can be cooked in the hot ashes of a fire! Beer damper can be made with beer in place of milk.! hmm
Is it worth the trouble to finish up spitting out pieces of charcoal? grin
OoRoo