Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 23-Sep-20 13:52:27

Oops! Sorry to have kept you waiting on the new doorstep. Come on in and let's celebrate our new kitchen. grin

soop Wed 21-Oct-20 15:15:15

It's good news day, Hellogirl1. Welcome home, Lynne flowers

Doodle MacS won't be given a Kit Kat. He's to have a scan. No need to fast prior to the procedure.
As for a party in the Argy, think on! I'm still recovering my sensibilities after my last foray. If you recall, I was locked in a cell overnight for being loud and disorderly.

N&G You are going to read smutty headlines in the papers after the party. Policemen stripped of their dignity. And they will not be the strippers. You know how gung ho that lot are. wink

Grandmabatty Wed 21-Oct-20 15:16:20

... stood frozen to the spot. The hairs on the back of my neck were rising, as if someone was standing behind me, wishing me ill. I couldn't bring myself to turn round. Suddenly the classroom light buzzed on and a voice from behind said with a chuckle, " What's up, Lynne? You look like you've seen a ghost!" It was June. Thankfully I turned and, with a semblance of normality spoke to her about inconsequential matters. I should have told her what I had heard, but I was new to the job and the school, and didn't want a reputation as the crazy teacher. So I kept my mouth shut. Later on in the term though, the creepiness escalated...

Izabella Wed 21-Oct-20 15:29:51

I thibk I have lost the plot G'mabatty I have no ideas what is going on ............

Puzzler61 Wed 21-Oct-20 16:18:42

I would have had to ask questions Grandmabatty - how did you keep quiet?

Grandmabatty Wed 21-Oct-20 16:19:27

Izabella it's a ghost story for Halloween in episodes ?

soop Wed 21-Oct-20 17:36:12

Grandmabatty I'm hooked good and proper.

I'm logging off for today. I shall return tomorrow. Remaining here at home as MacSporran drives all the way to Oban hospital, dismays me. No loos en route and I wouldn't be allowed in the hospital with him. Best if I make myself useful in his absence. hmm

Farewell for now. smile moon

Doodle Wed 21-Oct-20 17:46:19

Ooh grandmabatty and then.....?
soop that is not nice having to stay at home. You will need to keep busy or you will worry all day. Hope all goes well for him and the outcome is ok.
soop I do remember your last foray into the Argy. Please try and pop in Friday. All those from the kitchen are welcome to celebrate the release of the Doghouse 4 . You don’t have to bake anything we have enough food for all. Pop in for a quick one soop and while you’re there you can have a drink too ?.

kittylester Wed 21-Oct-20 17:53:38

Best wishes for MacS, soop.sunshine

Callgirl, you must be relieved to have Lynne home. I'm sure you will get into a routine soon and life will be easier!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Oct-20 18:02:27

Callgirl pleased that you have Lynne at home, wishing you both well ??

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Oct-20 18:03:07

McSoop good luck tomorrow ☘️☘️☘️

Doodle Wed 21-Oct-20 18:03:19

Glad that Lynne is home callgirl hope you are coping ok.

Puzzler61 Wed 21-Oct-20 18:28:30

All best wishes to MacS ?
Keep busy soop while he is away and the hours will soon pass. ?

Susan56 Wed 21-Oct-20 18:29:02

Safe journey and good luck to MacS for tomorrow.Hope you can keep busy soop and that the day doesn’t drag and that he is home before you know it?

Glad Lynne is home callgirl and that you are looking after yourself as well?

TOYA

Charleygirl5 Wed 21-Oct-20 18:30:41

Callgirl I do hope all works out okay now that Lynne is home.

Doodle I do hope I am not likely to be poisoned on Friday evening? I will bring my own diet coke I think. Would you be offended if I brought my own sandwiches?
TOYA

Grandmabatty Wed 21-Oct-20 19:01:48

Soop fingers crossed all goes well for Macsporran tomorrow.

Doodle Wed 21-Oct-20 20:24:30

charleygirl ah I see how well you remember your visits to the Argy. If you really don’t want to try our Rock cakes and Hot dogs (get the theme...?) then you can being your own.
Since your last visit we have acquired 4 llamas (makes a change from the ferrets) The lamas May look cute but they have a tendency to bite any posterior that comes within range. You have been warned. Tara and Hattie would be most welcome as would Oliver sprout (sorry phoenix I cannot remember the name of your other cat) . All are welcome .
soop my very best wishes for MacSporran tomorrow. Try not to worry while he is away.

Greyduster Wed 21-Oct-20 21:00:08

All the best to MacS tomorrow, Soop. Sure he’ll be ready for a wee dram or two when he gets home! Look after yourselves.

Hellogirl1 Wed 21-Oct-20 21:04:12

All the best to MacSporran for tomorrow, please take care on that long and winding road, scenic though it may be.

Thank you everyone, things are going OK, carer wise, but they hardly seem to be away now. I`ve booked hospital transport for her hospital appointment next week, but they say I can`t go with her, because of Covid. The ambulance driver will take her to her appointment and collect her afterwards.

Grandmafrench Wed 21-Oct-20 21:06:36

Good luck for tomorrow, MacS - your wee Wifey will be putting together a little plan to take her mind off your being away and to prevent unnecessary wondering and worrying. When she has been sufficiently distracted, she will put together something nice to eat and then put her feet up and relax whilst looking at that wonderful view until you get safely home again. Drive carefully and know that we are all thinking of you - both. xx

cornergran Wed 21-Oct-20 21:46:23

Wishing you both well for tomorrow soop. I did some similar if shorter waiting last Friday and understand how difficult it can be. I’m sure macs will be back safe and sound. Take care of yourselves.

Charleygirl5 Wed 21-Oct-20 21:51:40

I agree, all the best for macS tomorrow. His ladies are looking after him from a distance.

soop very difficult for you and I can understand why.
TOYA

dragonfly46 Wed 21-Oct-20 22:43:13

Good luck for tomorrow MacSporran scans are never fun but I hope it goes well and the drive is pleasant.

Pleased things are going well with Lynne Callgirl. I have to admit I quite like having to go to the hospital alone. I only have myself to think about.

Sleep tight everyone.

Purplepixie Thu 22-Oct-20 13:08:27

Hello all in this lovely warm kitchen. Well I seem to have dodged the lurgy and I am on the mend now. The headache was the worse that I have had in years and laid me low for 3 days.

I’ve brought along some home made Scotch Broth with freshly made bread rolls for all to share.

Stay safe and sane. flowers for all who need them today. Thank you to everyone for all of the well wishes.

soop Thu 22-Oct-20 13:49:56

I love you lot. Thank you for kind messages. The scan is show the group of lymph nodes that are cancerous. They are very close to his abdominal aortic aneurism. That too needs measuring. I'm keeping busy. Have a pile of ironing waiting and the bathroom to clean.

The argy crowd may be honoured with a brief visit from yours truly. If only to peep around the door and satisfy myself that you are doing what you do best. shock hmm grin wink

Charleygirl5 Thu 22-Oct-20 14:57:06

Doodle I do hope the llamas are not out of control because I believe they spit and do not need much provocation.

I do not wear dresses or skirts these days for many reasons- I have so many long scars to hide but irrespective what I wear I want to remain clean, please.

lemongrove is not happy with me bringing my own food and drink but somebody has to remain sober to discuss the antics with the police or polis as we say in Scotland.

soop keep yourself busy, MacS will be home soon.
TOYA

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion