Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Fri 09-Oct-20 06:16:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry and possibly cold outside this morning here in Brackley .
A day of small shop ,and go to the chippy later for lunch , before settling down to watch the Giro .
Its amazing sports wise this cycle tour ends and another one begins in Spain , trying to cram everything in before November and the Winter cycling programme of track and Cyclo cross all before next year .
Take Care,
Mick

NannyJan53 Fri 09-Oct-20 08:00:37

Good Morning from a bright Black Country.

Had lovely walk with Mum yesterday, and recorded her short video clip for Nieces birthday. Partner says she sounds just like the Queen smile. We will record our contribution today.

I haven't been to our Library since lockdownBeechnut but I have loads of charity shop books at 3 for £1, plus my kindle.

Thank you for the message from Maw Marydoll I don't know what happened, but from her posts I know she is a very kind and lovely person with many insightful posts. I met her once about 3 years ago at a lunch meet, which confirmed my impressions.

Having a video call with 2 friends this morning. One is in Lincolnshire the other near Bridgnorth. The last time we were all together in the flesh was November last year. The friend in Lincs is back at work 2 days a week after being furloughed. She is 60 early next year, but still has 7 years before she receives State Pension!

Wishing Annsixty all the best for today and hope it goes well and you will soon be pain free.

Also thinking of gilly and all who are feeling down or or poorly.

Gingster Fri 09-Oct-20 08:00:51

Sorry wrong spelling Armistice ?

Marydoll Fri 09-Oct-20 08:02:54

I do like that username, Banksydoll!

I had a large basket which I used for storing magazines. However it was a bit tired looking, so yesterday I spray painted it to match my decor. I must say, I have discovered a new career....interior design.
It was so therapeutic

I then had a lightbulb moment what to do next with the paint. ?
DH has yet to be convinced of the success of my idea. The clue is in the lightbulb. ?

grandMattie Fri 09-Oct-20 08:09:04

Banksydoll, it must be appalling to have so much pain. I can’t start to imagine it. Me? I’m a terrible sleeper as well as being an “extreme lark” and am often up around 0430 as DH can’t bear me reading in bed...
Lightbulbs? ?Doesn’t that obliterate the purpose of such items?

Stilllearning Fri 09-Oct-20 08:12:07

Morning from S Lanarkshire, clear blue sky but rain forecast for later. I hope it holds off as I’m supposed to be walking with a friend I haven’t seen for months and am looking forward to seeing her. Also sending good wishes to annsixty for your operation today.
Hope everyone has a pleasant and peaceful day

Marydoll Fri 09-Oct-20 08:12:23

Not the lightbulb itself. A bit of lateral thinking required here!?

cornergran Fri 09-Oct-20 08:17:52

Morning Mick, morning All. Our early red sky has turned into threatening looking clouds, decidedly chilly out there too. No idea how the day will pan out in cornerland, quiet one I think. Decidedly achey after yesterday’s physio. X-Ray process felt safe enough only negative was a trainee radiographer who simply didn’t understand my body couldn’t arrange itself in the way she insisted it had to. Fortunately her supervisor saved me - and her smile. Out of interest what colour is that spray paint marydoll? Good to know maw is OK. What news of the family today urms? Adding to the good wishes winging their way to ann, a hug too. Take care everyone, special thoughts for those not posting for whatever reason.

Lins1066 Fri 09-Oct-20 08:18:54

Good morning Mick and all from a dry S Welsh coast, it feels a bit colder. A practice Zoom lesson for our Book Club at 10, should be fun. A beautiful cake Sar we have a four year old who would love that.
Best wishes to annsixty today. Glad you heard from Maw Marydoll give her my best wishes please.
Stay safe and have a pleasant day.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 09-Oct-20 08:19:11

Good morning Mick and all

Blue sky here in S E Essex. I am feeling very groggy I was so exhausted from not sleeping / waking up in the small hours and not being able to get back to sleep that I took an antihistamine tablet last night, I slept so heavily. We have the 9 month old today (GC8) so I need to get a wriggle on!!

Banksy-Doll I like it ?

Beautiful cake Sar53 I do feel for the GC who gave missed their Birthday Parties.

Thinking of all our missing friends.

Good luck Annsixty

Take care and keep well folks ?‍♀️

Marydoll Fri 09-Oct-20 08:19:54

The paint is satin and a light navy shade.
My living room is cream and navy!

Gelisajams Fri 09-Oct-20 08:23:25

À Quick good morning from a wet Morecambe Bay. Off in a minute to take camper back to the garage. He thought he’d fixed it last week but no! Will read posts and catch up later. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Oldbutstilluseful Fri 09-Oct-20 08:26:32

Good morning from a trying to be sunny N Hants. Thinking of Annsixty and hoping all goes well.

Gingster there are some really simple crochet poppies ideas on Utube. I used it to find knitted ones, but there are loads more for crochet. I’ve got enough wool to make a knitted wreath, just need to find the will to start.

Thank you Marydoll for the update on Mawb. What a fiasco that whole episode was. The wrong posters were ‘punished’ in my opinion.

Sun has now come out so I must do something useful. Wishing everyone a gentle Friday.

Grandmabatty Fri 09-Oct-20 08:32:44

Good morning All from a chilly Polmont. Beautiful blue skies again and a bit of a breeze. Marydoll navy lampshade, perhaps? Are you painting the whole thing or using stencils? Like others, I was awake in the night. That's a usual occurrence for me and fortunately I no longer have to worry about work but it makes for a sleepy start. I'm not sure what the day will bring as I have nothing planned. I hope Ann is getting on alright. Have a good day all.

Auntieflo Fri 09-Oct-20 08:37:10

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.

It looks promising through the bedroom window, the sun is making an appearance, so I hope it continues, as I am meeting a couple of GN friends for coffee this morning.

Marydoll, you do keep us guessing with your cryptic remarks. Lightbulb moment indeed. Come on and tell. Thanks for the note about Maw

Yesterday I made our C*******s cake. (are we allowed to say the word now?) I halved the amounts, as I didn't want a huge cake, even though I love it. It smells gorgeous. I don't think I have made my CC in October, since I was at school.

Sar53, that cake looks beautiful, what a talented daughter you have.

Best wishes to Annsixty for today.

To all our GN friends who are wobbling, unwell or just plain fed up, sending you positive thoughts, and to our Gilly I hope that you are popping in and reading of how much we miss you and think of you each day. flowers
Have a good day one and all.

aggie Fri 09-Oct-20 08:37:23

Lampshade cream inside and navy outside ?

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Oct-20 08:38:25

Good morning all,

It's dry but grey and gloomy looking here in South Yorkshire. I dont know if it's going to brighten up but I hope so.

A pootling sort of day today. Certainly nothing exciting on the agenda.

Glad to hear that Maw is ok, Marydoll and hope she will be back posting here soon.

Best wishes for today Annsixty.

gilly I hope you are still managing to read the GM posts occasionally and will feel able to come back sooner rather than later. In the meantime, take care of yourself. That same message goes to all GM's not posting at the moment. ?

Take care, everyone.

Nannytopsy Fri 09-Oct-20 08:49:38

Good morning Mick and all.
It’s SUNNY in Suffolk this morning!
The dry afternoon we were expecting yesterday didn’t arrive so I finished ALL the ironing. Now I want to finish an area of the garden. Plant boxes to be placed and filled, membrane to lay on paths and gravel to be spread. I think we will feel very smug if we can get it done by tomorrow evening.
Rather than TGIF, I now think GGIF - good grief it’s Friday! Despite living a quiet life these days, time just races by.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Elizabeth1 Fri 09-Oct-20 08:49:48

Good morning everyone oh I’d just love a long lie I’m soooooo cosy in my bed this morning having had a wonderful nights rest. Never mind the suns shining the sunshine always lifts my spirits. What a job I’ve had trying to send my daughter in law flowers from next (she’s not too well at the moment after having her flu jab) I’m sure she’ll feel better tomorrow it’s a golf today for DH hope he wears warm clothes it feels a little chilly. I’m hoping to get out for a wee run in my carers car it helps with my mental health to get out and about for ten minutes have a good day everyone and dad as yer telt wink

Greyduster Fri 09-Oct-20 08:53:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple is spot on with our weather; it ain’t looking good, and it’s cold. We spent the afternoon waiting in for the plumber yesterday, who phoned to ask if he could pop in and service our boiler after his next job, but his next job turned out to be a nightmare so he didn’t get round to us. He was very apologetic, but there’s nothing spoiling here and he’s a friend so we forgave him! Nothing much on the cards for us today except to go and order a new laptop and look at printers. Have a safe and happy day folks.

Anniebach Fri 09-Oct-20 08:54:08

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Jaxjacky Fri 09-Oct-20 08:54:47

Good morning Mick and all, sun is out here in S Hants Banksydoll could you please autograph the calendar I have of yours please?
Beechnut our little library is open limited hours, returned books in a box outside, 15 mins per person, one at a time, inside. All fine when the weather is dry.
Carpet man coming this morning to measure up for hall, stairs, landing, l.room and kitchen flooring. The carpet must be at least 18 years old! Kitchen I think we’ll go with karndean, neither to be done until the kitchen is replaced ?November.
Friday is local pub visit, outside with heaters, it will be chilly, so thermals will be deployed!

Have a peaceful day all, especially those struggling.

Susan56 Fri 09-Oct-20 08:56:42

Good morning from Shropshire.A day of rain forecast.

Today is our Henry day then pick up DGD from school and back for a sleepover.She wants to make the box Henry’s car came in into a bus.We have bought the paint but could maybe do with Banksydoll and her spray can down here!

Hope you are continuing to feel better Cherry and best wishes to Ann for today?

????to Maw,Charley and Phoenix.

Thinking of gilly and all with worries and struggles?

harrigran Fri 09-Oct-20 09:05:10

Good morning from a grey but dry NE.
Can't believe it is Friday already, where did the week go ?
Family have all had colds and sickness and not been in touch for quite some time so I messaged teenage GD to get the news. I knew she would have her phone to hand.
DIL is having to shop for more clothes because the girls must not wear their uniforms for school, spent a frustrating hour or two trying to transfer money to her bank, website wasn't working. Went on DH's computer and it worked first time, not the website obviously, must be my computer.
Take care everyone.

Grammaretto Fri 09-Oct-20 09:11:56

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Chilly but bright again.
I've been showing a builder my problem chimney. He was very nice but insisted he wasn't a roofer and mumbled under his mask about old buildings.
I hope AnnSixty's procedure goes well today.
I hope Gillybob and clan are ok.
My DGC are coming to stay nearby with their other DGP this weekend. I hope we can see them. The new restrictions make it awkward.
Hoping you all have a good day.

cornergran Fri 09-Oct-20 09:20:01

Paint is the sort of colour I’d like marydoll. No inspired guesses here, did wonder if you’d thought to add some to the new garden pots or renovate some old ones. Maybe paint faces on a fence??? Enjoy whatever it is, be brave smile.