Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Fri 09-Oct-20 06:16:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry and possibly cold outside this morning here in Brackley .
A day of small shop ,and go to the chippy later for lunch , before settling down to watch the Giro .
Its amazing sports wise this cycle tour ends and another one begins in Spain , trying to cram everything in before November and the Winter cycling programme of track and Cyclo cross all before next year .
Take Care,
Mick

GrannyOwl5 Fri 09-Oct-20 10:27:51

Good morning all from a sunny north Kent
Welcome SusieFlo;I too am a comparative newbie to posting on here, but it quickly becomes a habit to join in with this gentle thread and receive news from all these lovely grans/grandads.
Off out shortly to meet up with friends for lunch; first eating out since March; hope I remember which knife and fork to use! After a rummage through my wardrobe I have found something reasonable to wear - at least I won’t frighten the horses as my old granny used to say. Hopefully I don’t look like some mad granny emerging from hibernation!
Offering my good wishes to Annsixty and those with worries or illnesses. Have a good day everyone and stay downwind of Glasgow Banksy. Stay safe.

MellowYellow Fri 09-Oct-20 10:36:05

Georgesgran I nearly spilled my coffee with laughing: 'Can’t decide what to do today - pick out the fluff from my belly button, or poke my eyes out with a sharp stick!!'
Kalu it's a date one day/year. Cornwall to Scotland... must be quicker than the train journey I took to the east coast once - 11 hours! ?

Marydoll Fri 09-Oct-20 10:40:26

Silly people! No spraying today, it's too windy. I learned that life lesson yesterday! I always wanted a blue rinse! ?

Welcome Susieflo, you are most welcome. Good to see a new face.

I'm off for chocolate. I've just unpacked the Tesco delivery and repackaged DDs shopping. I'm exhausted and annoyed at DH who can see my every move from the golf course high above our house.
He will know it's safe to come home now. ?My work is done!!!

Borrheid, I was asking a friend about your mum, the other week, wondering if she was still here. I was always a wee bit scared of her!! You know what a wee mouse I was!! ?

Grandmafrench Fri 09-Oct-20 10:42:38

Georgesgran ((((((((((hug))))))))))
Never posted yesterday but Cherry I do know the Tubthumping song ? - sent it to a DGD once when she was being picked on in school (because she has a lovely singing voice). I expect, even as a Grade 1 Weeble, you still have to force yourself to keep on going...often. Keep going, girlie, and keep being you.x
Gillgran so sorry about your heavy fall. Hope you’re being extra kind to yourself - shocks like that take some getting over, it won’t happen immediately. Sad to know you’re not a Weeble!

Marydoll Fri 09-Oct-20 10:42:54

Mellow Yellow, I did the west coast to Cornwall years ago! It also took 11 hours.
Once the Glesca grannies get organised, I will let you know. There were fourteen of us the last time.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 09-Oct-20 11:06:45

Good Morning all from dry Harrogate. I'm hoping to make a sneaky trip to Aldi this am, mask in hand or on face! Yesterday was expecting one GD but DD2 with GS turned up. Both children straight from school. GD was flat out on the settee while GS was bouncing around with his lego bricks, counting them again and again. Yesterday evening I joined my art club on zoom, have to admit my picture was so bright, sunglasses were required!

Hope everyone is as well as they can be, and those missing are soon back with us.

LauraNorder Fri 09-Oct-20 11:07:10

Very late good morning from dull, grey Anglesey. Welcome SusieFlo, hope to see you posting lots. Good luck Annsixty, hope all goes well.
I knew something had gone awry but had no idea what so this morning’s naming of three posters on the norty step has left me gobsmacked. The most mature, considered and witty posters, the mind boggles.
Wishing all a better day than yesterday.

mumofmadboys Fri 09-Oct-20 11:15:52

Annsixty hope your operation all goes smoothly and you are soon back on your feet x

Urmstongran Fri 09-Oct-20 11:18:06

Best wishes from me too annsixty this day has been a long time in coming. Hope all goes well for you today and that you’re soon up and about, pain free at long last.
x

Kalu Fri 09-Oct-20 11:20:28

All sorted MellowYellow?. Let the countdown begin. ? I would so enjoy another meet up right now. Sigh.

CaroleAnne Fri 09-Oct-20 11:43:57

MAW. So sorry to hear that you are not posting at present. I do so enjoy your posts. You have such tremendous spirit and fairness. I would like to thank you for your recommendation of Hotter Pixie boots. You made them sound so cosy and comfortable. I have just bought a pair and they are wonderful.
Looking forward to you coming back with more posts.
Keep well and safe. Carole.flowersflowers

CaroleAnne Fri 09-Oct-20 11:45:58

My best wishes to Anne 60 for today. I hope that all goes according to plan and you will be more pain free and mobile soon.thanks

CherryCezzy Fri 09-Oct-20 11:51:09

Good morning everyone from sunny Gower.

My group quiz shortly and then because it's such a lovely day I'll go out and take some snaps of the beautiful autumnal trees. First port of call being one in our own garden before all the orange and red leaves drop off!

Marydoll you've given me an idea for a small blanket box that is lurking but looking the worse for wear ?

Starting to feel more myself thank you Susan. Enjoy your time with Henry and your DGD. I hope they don't wear you out too much ?

Grandmafrench it's too late for me to change now so I'll carry on Weebling ?

Hope the op' goes well Annsixty and you return all singing and dancing ?

Welcome Susieflo ?. Don't forget to tell Urmstongran the value of your house ? (joke)

We're all thinking of you BlueSapphire and gillybob and look forward to hearing from you when you are ready ??

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

SusieFlo Fri 09-Oct-20 12:36:03

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages. It’s sunny here in Worcestershire at the moment buts lots of threatening clouds around. Have been to daughters this morning to take her ironing back. My weekly job haha. Sampled her new coffee machine. We’re going to Pembrokeshire tomorrow for a few days, will be good to get away.

Taichinan Fri 09-Oct-20 13:10:15

Just popping back in to say welcome to susieflo. And welcome too to Banksiedoll - there's going to be some fun when you and Marydoll get together! ??. A speedy recovery to Annsixty - today has been a long time coming for you.. And enjoy that tea, Grandmafrench. Thank goodness for internet shopping which has made these past months so much more bearable. Glad you're feeling better cherry and glad your leg is less painful Elizabeth - enjoy your drive out. Pitcity congratulations to your DS. He has a wonderful career ahead of him. I was a military wife of military sons, and so proud. DS2 is still serving and will be until he retires. ?

Taichinan Fri 09-Oct-20 13:13:37

Oh, I forgot to mention that lovely unicorn cake, and "Kalu's* new planter. I love the little pictures that appear on here from time to time ?