(99 Posts)
Judy54 Wed 24-Mar-21 13:57:11

Mine are:

A cup of builders tea
A strong cup of coffee
A chilled glass of white or rose wine

What do you like to drink and why?

cornishpatsy Wed 24-Mar-21 18:58:18

Morning 3 large mugs of PG tips, afternoon 5 cups black coffee, evening sparkling water, tea is taken to bed.

Greyduster Wed 24-Mar-21 19:22:37

Coffee - three cups a day;
Water through the day;
Rooibos tea with neither sugar nor milk mid afternoon;
Pukka ginger, lemon and manuka honey tea at night.
Guinness anywhere, anytime;
Roses lime juice and soda with lots of ice, on a hot day.
Malt whisky - island malts for preference;
Bovril after a cold walk;
Elderberry cordial as a winter pick me up.
Gone totally off wine. Never thought I’d say it!

ayse Wed 24-Mar-21 20:12:36

Black tea but English Breakfast for preference and 3 mugs in the morning weakish with milk, no sugar. 1 cup ground coffee per day in the morning. Instant coffee, decaf until 3.00pm when another pot of tea as in the morning. After dinner one more cup of decaf.

In the hot summer weather I’ll drink tap water as well and less coffee. Plus iced tea and ayran (yoghurt with water and a pinch of salt, especially in the Mediterranean)

I rarely drink anything else but as special treats:
Ginger beer
Port
White wine with fizz and black currant liqueur
Real ale, especially Wadworth’s 4x and Marstons Pedigree.

Pet hate: any whiskey as I loathe the smell and it brings back unhappy memories.

BlueSky Wed 24-Mar-21 20:28:11

Two strong coffees first thing in the morning to make me feel human. Then it’s tea for the rest of the day. I used to enjoy wine but as I’m now tee total, I’ve discovered alcohol free red wine and it helps when I’m relaxing in the evening!

heath480 Wed 24-Mar-21 21:08:44

Yorkshire Tea first thing,

Coffee from the machine during the day.

Cappuccino after dinner.

Herbal Tea at 8pm.

Hot Chocolate at bedtime.

When we are allowed out for meals or if I am thirsty I drink Tonic Water or Sparkling Water.

Gannygangan Wed 24-Mar-21 21:12:39

One mug of builder's tea.

And it has to be in a thick ceramic mug. Can't be doing with bone china.

Then water mostly.

HillyN Wed 24-Mar-21 21:27:11

Yorkshire tea first thing, again after lunch and around 4pm.
Coffee from the machine around 11a.m.
Lidl's sparkling fruit crush, either Morello cherry or Mexican lime and elderflower, with my evening meal during the week.
Pear or red fruit cider or rose wine with my evening meal at the weekend.
Hot chocolate at bedtime.
Gin with elderflower cordial and tonic or a Bailey's as a special treat.

Teebles64 Wed 24-Mar-21 21:38:18

Yorkshire tea, decent coffee ( espresso or latte), red wine and water

Tangerine Wed 24-Mar-21 21:42:58

Sometimes I fancy a mug of hot chocolate.

Usually, I drink tea or water.

Mrst1405 Wed 24-Mar-21 21:51:09

Tea no milk, no sugar any temperature first thing. Then coffee con leche until lunch time then water until gin and tonic time. Preferably Larios with lime and Schweppes. Lots of ice. Occasionally vodka and orange or malibu and coke. Then white wine. Trying to stick to just 1 bottle. I don't drink every night but as I'm retired and nearly 70 i don't really care too much how I drink within reason. Luckily, I live in Spain with cheap drink and regular liver enzyme tests.

nanna8 Wed 24-Mar-21 22:06:50

Coffee
Earl grey tea
Coconut water
Diet ginger beer
Pinot grigio
Cab sav though we don’t drink as much as we used to these days. Not keen on Prosecco or champagne types though I used to like Bollingers

dragonfly46 Wed 24-Mar-21 22:15:21

Green tea first thing.
Proper coffee mid morning.
Peppermint, ginger tea mid afternoon.
Wine with dinner at weekends only.
Lots and lots of water all day.

harrigran Thu 25-Mar-21 09:06:59

A cup of tea first thing, tea is blended by a local company to suit our water.
For a soft drink I like pink sparkling Schloer.
Alcoholic preference is pink champagne, white wine or white champagne gives me heartburn ?

Franbern Thu 25-Mar-21 09:24:17

Not a person a likes much alcohol at all. Although do not mind those creamy cocktails.

Tea is my great standby drink. On occasions when I am not well, I always know I am on the road to recovery when I start yearning for a mug of tea and toast and marmalade.

In the summer months, I do enjoy a fruity milkshake - literally, just some fresh fruit together with milk and some ice-cream., whizzed together.

One of my favourite summer drinks is cold coffee (I make up a cafetiere and leave in fridge), add to this some of those lovely coffee syrups - and top with spray on cream. (My children call this my adult's milkshake). Not good for diets though!!!!

LuckyFour Thu 25-Mar-21 10:52:11

No 1 favourite drink - TEA. Any tea, bags or leaves, however it comes as long as it's hot.
No2 favourite drink - Gin and tonic. Around 5-6 pm just before dinner, plenty of lemon and ice. Delish!

Lettice Thu 25-Mar-21 10:52:25

Black coffee, liberally, throughout the day. Lime juice with sparkling water. elderflower cordial ditto. Alcohol, occasionally, Hendricks gin and tonic, vodka and cranberry juice and red wine - not all at the same time. The tap water here is very good, not like some areas "darn sowff" where it is limey and 'orrible.

henetha Thu 25-Mar-21 10:56:00

Absolutely essential 2 mugs of tea in the morning.
Hot chocolate.
Tonic water, with or without gin. I just love it.
Orange juice.
Pineapple juice.
Banana milk-shake.
Martini.

sazz1 Thu 25-Mar-21 10:56:12

Nescafe instant coffee first thing
and again mid morning
Loose leaf tea from a teapot at lunchtime
Very weak Ribena squash in the afternoon
Coffee at dinner time
J2O or Ribena in evening and
water at bedtime
Occasionally a G and T

1summer Thu 25-Mar-21 10:57:03

My drinks everyday are tea, coffee and ribena ( I am addicted). White wine only at weekend and I love an occasional cocktail. Would love to drink water, herb or fruit teas for my health but hate them. I will have a peppermint tea sometimes if I have indigestion.

Moggycuddler Thu 25-Mar-21 11:10:44

Lady Grey tea with a touch of soya milk. Ginger tea. Don't really drink much else apart from tap water.

leeds22 Thu 25-Mar-21 11:36:53

Taylor’s China Rose Petal tea
Belvoir ginger cordial
Water
Pinot Grigio
GnT
Pukka night time infusion

Granny23 Thu 25-Mar-21 11:37:48

I am amazed by the number of GNs who drink alcohol every day or nearly everyday. shock. I follow my Mother's mantra of 'never drink alone'. ATM I am home alone most of the time. Last Summer when rules were relaxed a bit, I attended a couple of picnics/barbecues in the DDs gardens, same round a fire pit at Christmas/New Year, but as I was driving I drank only Dry Ginger.

I am a Colombian coffee addict, hate tea, drink our lovely Scottish water from the tap (well actually in a tumbler), When the pandemic is over and I can have family/friends round, I will enjoy an occasional Prosecco, or an Irish Whiskey with ginger and lime -nectar!

12Michael Thu 25-Mar-21 11:39:29

Apart from a Coffee , the occasional cuppa tea
Real Ale but favourites are Stouts and Mild's , not a fan of hoppy beers

missdeke Thu 25-Mar-21 11:46:26

I never drink tea, I find it positively disgusting, even the smell of it. I always drank coffee but went odd it during chemo, just about getting back on it but only decaf instant at the moment. Otherwise it's orange juice, water or carbonated water, best of all though is in a summery pub garden, a half of bitter shandy.

GardenofEngland Thu 25-Mar-21 11:46:50

Oh, Bigberthal your choices made me smile. Sometimes I miss not drinking ?