Gransnet forums

Chat

Snow Watch! ❄️

(64 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 06-Apr-21 17:42:38

What's happening your way?
Currently thick and fast (oo-er missus) in Derby.
The sky is absolutely full of it.

NfkDumpling Mon 12-Apr-21 08:00:33

shock I just popped by when I saw the thread name. In my bit of the north of Norfolk we've been hit with a brisk wind from the arctic for the last few days and its just on 0c just now, but very dry. A few heavy showers of that hard cased snow stuff yesterday (which I forget the name of) but nothing has laid. I hope it thaws quickly for you!

M0nica Mon 12-Apr-21 08:05:13

Another Oxfordshire(south) member looking out on several inches of snow.

As I got out of bed at about 6.30 this morning. DH mumbled 'snow' before turning over and going back to sleep. I didn't really take much notice because we had run into snow at Avebury yesterday afternoon, but I peeped through the curtain and there it was, quite a thin layer and light snowfall, but then the heavens opened and vast quantities of large fluffy stuff descended and is lying

It has eased off now, but after a winter of Zoom Tai Chi classes, my tutor had said that today it would be usual time, usual place (village hall) and we will do the class outside on the grass as we cannot yet go inside. I somehow think that the class will be cancelled. Bother!

Aldom Mon 12-Apr-21 08:08:41

Good morning from snowy Oxfordshire.

Loislovesstewie Mon 12-Apr-21 08:09:12

We had snow where I am in Yorkshire yesterday. It didn't stay, but boy was the dog confused!

Nannatwiglet Mon 12-Apr-21 08:20:18

Re West Yorkshire....After several flurries of light snow nearly every day last week, we had a very snowy hour on Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning was beautiful with warm Spring sunshine...but then we had a heavy downfall of sleet and snow. There was ice on our window sills when we went to bed at Midnight!

Savvy Mon 12-Apr-21 11:50:23

We had snow on Friday, sun on Saturday with accompanying higher temperatures, snow on Sunday, now we're back to sun again.

I don't mind which one it it, either sun or snow, I just want it to make up its blinking mind, lol.

grandtanteJE65 Mon 12-Apr-21 11:55:25

Flurries of hail here in the south of Denmark.

Yesterday the weather had alternating showers of hail, snow, sleet and rain on repeat.

Day before snow.

Days before from Maundy Thursday onwards, all of the above plus high winds.

Witzend Mon 12-Apr-21 11:57:12

It was snowing hard, big flakes, when I woke up this morning (SW London) - grass mostly covered and ‘icing’ on the trees, but it’s all gone now.

A dd and family have had quite a bit more in Oxford. I’m sure Gdcs are delighted!

Katek Mon 12-Apr-21 13:30:36

This morning in NE Scotland.

Aldom Mon 12-Apr-21 13:37:05

It snowed heavily most of the morning but the sun has come out and it is hard to believe that the garden was carpeted with snow only a few hours ago.

3nanny6 Mon 12-Apr-21 13:37:28

I hope those who are going out to the newly opened pubs today take some blankets with them as it will be freezing sitting outside.
It is so cold in most areas every time I hope to get out into the garden to tidy up that arctic wind starts blowing so I get back inside in the warm.

M0nica Mon 12-Apr-21 15:36:19

I was hoping to attend an outdoor Tai Chi class. It was cancelled because although it is warmer and practically all the snow has gone, the ground is sodden.

dustyangel Mon 12-Apr-21 15:56:09

DD1 sent a photo of the snow covered garden they woke up to in north west Surrey this morning.