Gransnet forums

Chat

What time do you have your main/last meal?

(29 Posts)
annsixty Wed 07-Apr-21 16:48:17

I was chatting to a friend on the phone today and said I was eating my evening meal earlier and was thinking of having my main meal at lunchtime.
I really don’t want to as I will be dozy all afternoon but I am not hungry or enjoying my meal at 6:30pm, our normal time.

I was amazed when she said she and her husband had their meal at 8;30.
They are 88 and 80.
I don’t know how their digestive systems cope with that and how they sleep after what I consider a very late meal.
Each to his own but it got me wondering what time is most popular.

Kim19 Thu 08-Apr-21 05:41:41

During LD I've taken to having a healthy brunch around 1130 and main meal 1730ish. Once lunches are 're-allowed' I'll revert to my old ways of substantial lengthy indulgences in congenial company and that will be it for the day apart from sometimes a tiny evening snack or cup of hot chocolate.

kittylester Thu 08-Apr-21 07:19:41

How do people who eat their main meal at lunchtime manage to get anything else done? What sort of thing do you eat? Genuine question.

We eat about 7 ish depending on how busy we have been during the day (in normal times) and how hard the crossword is.

vq grin

M0nica Thu 08-Apr-21 20:48:11

Kittylester We eat at lunchtime the same food we would eat if we had the main meal in the evening, casseroles and stews, with rice or potatoes and usually fruit afterwards.

Possibly we eat smaller portions, so we are not so full it makes us somnolent after lunch. I usually go out and do the gardening immediately after lunch.