Gransnet forums

Chat

How many devices do you have in your household?

(111 Posts)
nanna8 Mon 19-Apr-21 15:06:08

I mean mobile phones, computers, tablets, laptops etc that go on the internet?
I was trying to count all ours and was horrified to work out we have 4 tablets, several phones ( only 2 in constant use ) 2 laptops ( plus a couple of old ones that we don’t use). 3 computers all used quite a bit. Not to mention 5 TV sets. I think we’ve lost the plot and I am not getting any more , we need our heads looking at.

CBBL Tue 20-Apr-21 18:52:36

We have a mobile phone each, plus one laptop (which only I use), and a couple of e-readers, one desktop computer plus three TV's. As we have just moved, we do not currently have any TV at all, so use phones and the Computer to watch some TV (far less than we normally would because we can only watch live programmes). Hopefully, we will have a TV service in mid-may!
There is just myself and my husband at home.

4allweknow Tue 20-Apr-21 19:14:28

Cleaned out the redundant laptops and donated to the local secondary school during lockdown. A 3 were working, just not the fastest but school snapped them up. Left with a laptop,two tablets and 3 phones. One of the phones is used especially for husband's hearing disability.

Kartush Tue 20-Apr-21 22:36:50

3 tablets
2 mobile phones
1 kindle
1 tv
2 pc’s

Juno56 Wed 21-Apr-21 00:08:34

Between us DH and I have:
2 smart TVs with sky q
2 'dumb' TVs but one has a firestick attached and the other is only used for watching dvds.
1 desktop computer
2 laptops
3 tablets
2 mobile phones
2 kindles
1 Echo dot
2 Fitbits.
1 PS3 gaming console.

Craftycat Wed 21-Apr-21 14:05:21

Oh I hate to think how many gadgets we have!!
He is techno mad ( to be fair his job is in computers so he has to be up to date with everything)
I know there are 3 computers in the study & I have my own PC too.
i phones, Kindles, 3 TVs, numerous radios & a lot of things I have no idea what they do but he seems to like them!
All I use are my Kindle, PC, portable radio & Alexa who does a lot of useful stuff including turning lights, TV,& radios on & off.

Trisha57 Wed 21-Apr-21 14:16:37

2 smartphones, one laptop, one Chromebook, one Amazon Echo, one Kindle Fire, two Kindle paperwhites and 4 TVs (3 of which are very old, small and unSmart).

gulligranny Wed 21-Apr-21 16:05:31

We have one television, a mobile phone each, a computer each and a tablet each and I have a Kindle - so 8. Gosh, that's a surprise when we are basically not very tech-savvy!

Hellogirl1 Wed 21-Apr-21 20:29:00

I forgot about the Firestick

Hellogirl1 Wed 21-Apr-21 20:29:42

Oh, just thought, does having CCTV count?

Artaylar Thu 22-Apr-21 15:27:20

DH and I have 1 laptop each, 1 tablet each - which we only use when we are away on holiday - I have 1 kindle, we have 1 TV and neither of us has a smart phone.