Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(97 Posts)
12Michael Tue 20-Apr-21 06:13:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and dry outside here in Brackley this morning, my usual day out ,after housework this morning to Bicester only .
As to moral and getting out I seem to be more relaxed to be able to do something I enjoy ,although only for a limited amount of time out , it serves as a respite from current situation.
Take Care ,
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Apr-21 09:02:47

Thank you all for your kind wishes for AS4, he is uncomfortable but doing well ?

LauraNorder Tue 20-Apr-21 09:03:58

Good morning fellow good morningers from lovely, bright and sunny Anglesey.
Sitting in bed with my coffee wondering if these aching muscles will get me to the shower.
So much gardening yesterday, the garden is coming back to life after months and months of builders throwing stuff everywhere. Just a garage to be roofed and rendered then we can re gravel the front driveway.
Have put a large pot each side of the front door in readiness for a maple and some hostas. Your maple looks fab Urms, just what I’m looking for. Visiting our local nursery this week, woohoo. First shopping experience in the flesh for over a year.
I’m so sorry to hear that our little mascot Iris is in pain and hope the antibiotics do their job pdq.
Great bread Ellianne looks very tasty.
Good for you reaching out for some me help Harrigran, the first step is always the hardest. Shame about the second jab but it won’t be long and anyway the first gives pretty good protection.
Hope all goes well for you today Grandmajet, horrid injections, I’m sure your big girl pants are out and ready to don.
Wishing you all a day with at least a few random pink flamingos, some sunshine and a Scentia smile.
Cake for all who can’t see the emojis but you’re not excluded from the flamingos or sunshine. ??cupcake

Grandmafrench Tue 20-Apr-21 09:14:15

Good Morning everyone. Another wonderful day here in the South ??

Yesterday had a long walk on a beach and my afternoon involved a surprise visit from new near-ish neighbours from Picardy in the North. They came to my gates to explain that they’re moving in to their just finished house today, but that they’re fed up with trying to register with the various power suppliers, water, phone services etc., whose grand government computer ‘records’ have them down as living at our address.

I can sympathise. If I want to do anything driving licence oriented, I have to collect my mail from a nice French couple two roads away because I’m through with arguing over my address! Simple! The post lady well knows where I live, but apparently cannot show initiative and put any mail from the vehicle licensing authority in my box, so we go through the pantomime - when necessary - of trotting around to someone else’s house to collect it. He ‘phones us! Then the best bit was that if mail requires a signature, as was the case with my new driving licence, he’s not allowed to sign as he’s not me. (Surprise?) She has to send it back to the authority and then I have to ‘phone and tell them what absolutely useless individuals they are has happened!

Anyway it was a joy to meet and talk (an hour!) to new people and they are so excited to move to the sun. We’ve told them we’ll share a glass in the garden when they’re settled. (And if they want to live at our address there will be rent due!)

Today I shall be cleaning behind and underneath the dishwasher! I know, you must all be very impressed at my high standards! I’m dreading it because we inherited the dishwasher, which is integrated, and it’s never been moved (?) but has been playing up for about 6 months now.

I heard Frank Skinner repeat something funny his child had said when he (Frank) was unloading their dishwasher and cursing the marks left on some of the plates. Frank had said that there was no point in having a dishwasher if you couldn’t rely on it to do a proper job......his Son replied that if it didn’t wash the dishes, it shouldn’t be called a dishwasher - as it was just a wet cupboard! Made me laugh. So, this afternoon no more fussing and cleaning and maintaining this one - a lovely new one arrives but I don’t want them to take out the old one and install the new without my being sure all is clean first. I’m really quite excited!

Love your welcoming front door view, Urms. I too have a Gecko, but he’s small and on a wall indoors. I do have real ones in the garden -
#granupmanship,
which constantly fire up my nervous system when I’m head down in tall plants! ?. Enjoy your lovely trip out and a reunion today.

To you all, have the best day. If it’s not so good, be strong and find that smile - there will be plenty more along tomorrow.

Harri search for and accept every bit of help you can, you need and you truly deserve. Whilst you say nothing, everyone assumes you’re fine. Not fair! You must talk to those who can help.

Get well, little Iris.

Hugs and love to all from foreign parts and keep staying SAFE.
?????‍♀️????

LauraNorder Tue 20-Apr-21 09:17:59

Ginny and Pittcity, I’m the same with all the oysters and *lobsters that go before. Mightily impressed by those who remember everyone.
I see BlueSapphire is opening birthday cards today, have I missed something? Is it today? If so happy birthday BlueSapphire.
Hope your neighbour has calmed herself again Cherry and you have some peace today.
Keep going Marydoll, it’s being so cheerful that keeps you going.
Off to the garden, quick hot/cold shower seems to have done the trick and got me moving.
Legs were shaved yesterday, shorts on, only one pair that fit, crikey need to walk off an extra stone.

brook2704 Tue 20-Apr-21 09:18:37

Happy Birthday bluesapphire enjoy your special day! ????

Grandmafrench Tue 20-Apr-21 09:22:58

Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Blue. That was sneaky of you ?????
Ginny just who are you calling ‘oysters’ ?!

Beauregard Tue 20-Apr-21 09:26:57

Happy birthday BlueSapphire
Enjoy your day. ????

LauraNorder Tue 20-Apr-21 09:27:53

GrandmaFrench your message always brings out my inner ABBA ? thank you for the sunshine ? ? I shall hum it now until Orlin indicates that an egg is an egg. ??

Grandmafrench Tue 20-Apr-21 09:32:40

Oh yes, don’t over-egg your Abbas just to support his joke ! ?

Ashcombe Tue 20-Apr-21 09:47:08

*Grandmafrench: My DH refers to ours as a doshwisher. We sent out invitations to our welding and sore throats are treated with Stresspills!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Apr-21 09:48:36

Happy Birthday BlueSaphire ????

Nannagarra Tue 20-Apr-21 09:52:29

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is sunny and there is a gentle breeze.
Like you, Mick, I feel ‘more relaxed to be able to do something I enjoy’. Yesterday the weather was glorious so I did a lot of cycling, popped into shops, met DS for a lunchtime walk, enjoyed more cycling and had a long chat and lots of laughs (not via device) with an old friend.
I hope Iris soon fights off the infection, that grandmajet gets through today without too much soreness and that Marydoll has a great time at the garden centre. Your bread looks so scrummy, Ellianne- I could just eat it whilst watching men work, Gagagran wink or thinking about planting the seeds free with GW brook2704. ?
Happy birthday, Blue Sapphire. ???
I’m looking forward to seeing DH’s face when he sees the garage tidied (he said he’d do it). Hmmm. At least I can access my bike more readily now. Looking forward to another day on two wheels.
Have the best day you can everyone. ?????

Susan56 Tue 20-Apr-21 09:56:48

Just to let you know Cherry has had a dreadful night with her neighbour and is not up to posting this morning.She has been unable to get help from any of the people who you would expect to help.Its really a terrible situation.

LauraNorder Tue 20-Apr-21 10:00:47

Oh poor Cherry, what can be done?
Her MP perhaps or national press quite often gets things done but that does mean going public.

ginny Tue 20-Apr-21 10:03:06

Well there you are Grandmafrench I can’t even get that right !

olddudders Tue 20-Apr-21 10:04:03

Ashcombe

*Grandmafrench: My DH refers to ours as a doshwisher. We sent out invitations to our welding and sore throats are treated with Stresspills!

No, no, no - a wishdosher! Get it right! It really matters!

Professor Spooner is my friend, but not all his results are printable here. A bool schus passes my house daily. I will leave you to mull over what he might have done with the railway station at Whitstable & Tankerton, or how he might have addressed Friar Tuck.

It's a nice morning and I'm off mowing.

Susan56 Tue 20-Apr-21 10:05:10

Laura, I thought maybe Cherry’s MP.Its very worrying as the situation is making Cherry so unwell.

Auntieflo Tue 20-Apr-21 10:07:35

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
Happy Birthday BlueSapphire, have a lovely, sunny day.
Lots of 'goings on' this morning. I have read the thread, but when I come to post, the flesh is willing, but the mind is weak ?
So nice to hear of outings and visits to family being planned and enjoyed, and the excitement of GC seeing grannies and grandads again, is lovely to hear.
We didn't get out yesterday, but ?today will be a better day.
It is beautiful here, everything is sparkling in the sunshine, but golly, isn't the ground so dry?
Seeing Urms maple reminded me that our one is now coming into leaf. It was new last year, I treated myself, and I so wanted it to survive the winter, which it appears to have done.
My gardener lady, couldn't come last week, as it had snowed, so she will not be coming until next week, and things, weeds, are sprouting up like billy-oh.
Best wishes to Iris, and hope the infection is soon under control. She is one brave little girl.
Have a good day one and all.

CherryCezzy Tue 20-Apr-21 10:08:15

Good morning everyone from a bright sunny Gower.

I thought I wouldn't be up to posting this morning as it's been an horrendous night! ?
Unfortunately, LauraNorder the answer is no my neighbour hasn't calmed herself. She was so agitated that I took the advice of C.A.L.L and rang the police at 2am and asked them to carry out a welfare check. After taking some information (reluctantly), ie. that she was screaming, shouting, swearing etc "using" one persona and was calmer but goading and sarcastic "using" another they concluded that since I had no direct evidence that she was endangering her own life it was not a police matter. I was told to contact the ambulance service or the mental health crisis team. The mental health crisis team only work until 1am and I know from past experience when I've contacted them with my concerns about her they will only act on my information if I provide her case number! How the heck can I do that when a) I haven't got it and b) I have zero chance of ever having it because I am not a relative hmm. The ambulance service told me that the situation was not an emergency (it's not as if I even rang the emergency number) and said didn't I know there was a pandemic and they were very busy. They said they would get someone out in the next 24 hours if they had someone available. To be fair they did get someone out at 4am! The trouble is that despite hammering on her door repeatedly and staying in situ for 3/4 of an hour she wouldn't answer. They can't force entry, not unless they have cause to believe her life is in danger. Back to square one. There are more snakes than ladders and I've only slept for 1 and a half hours, grr ?.
Luckily I do have some pleasantness in my day today ?. I had my hair cut yesterday and that at least is now bouncy even if I'm hanging by a thread ?. We're off out to the village today and are meeting up with a couple of friends. My WP can have a chinwag, a walk and a cuppa with his mate whilst I go wandering around the shops and nice boutiques with my friend ?. I have a voucher to spend so maybe ? I'll treat myself ?.

I hope Iris' infection clears up quickly, I'm glad mummy had a stockpile of antibiotics for that possibility.
I hope all goes well today Grandmajet ?
harrigran ???
Happy Birthday BlueSapphire, have a lovely day ?? ?

Take care everyone, I hope each of you find a random flamingo, a smile, a ?, ? or some piece of loveliness today ❤️

Auntieflo Tue 20-Apr-21 10:10:35

Just seen the post re Cherry and her bad night caused by the dreadful neighbour.
It really is bad that nothing and nobody seems to be able to address the situation.
Sending her loving thoughts that she can get through today and feel better soonest.

Nannagarra Tue 20-Apr-21 10:10:44

Now..I understand the meaning of ‘lobsters’!
I still haven’t fathomed PW. Partner?
Just read Susan56’s msg. Poor, poor Cherry. It’s bloody ridiculous. I’m fuming.

Auntieflo Tue 20-Apr-21 10:12:47

Ah, there you are Cherry. Enjoy your trip out.

CherryCezzy Tue 20-Apr-21 10:17:22

Thank you Susan, I genuinely thought I wouldn't be up to posting. I'm sorry I pm'd you in the middle of the night, when I was so stressed out by it all only to have been able to post after all. You really are a ?

aggie Tue 20-Apr-21 10:21:55

Good Morning all, it was lovely and sunny for a while but it’s dull now .... sigh
It was nice to get a drive out , we had a wee walk after and DD christened her litter picker , she managed to fill one plastic bag , another good thing was that I managed to keep up with her using my Walker , she had to stop to pick up the rubbish ! Usually I am panting after her ?
Nothing planned for today , even though I am up since dawn I haven’t managed to get much done
I hope all under the weather peeps feel better today xxx

LauraNorder Tue 20-Apr-21 10:25:02

Oh Cherry, my heart goes out to you. Have you talked to your MP? This situation cannot continue, your health is as important as your neighbours.
If all else fails the Daily Mail loves to inform us all about failing services and in this case there is absolute failure. Local radio might highlight your plight.
Enjoy your day out, I do admire your spirit. Take care ?