Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(97 Posts)
12Michael Tue 20-Apr-21 06:13:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and dry outside here in Brackley this morning, my usual day out ,after housework this morning to Bicester only .
As to moral and getting out I seem to be more relaxed to be able to do something I enjoy ,although only for a limited amount of time out , it serves as a respite from current situation.
Take Care ,
Mick

Greyduster Tue 20-Apr-21 16:32:34

Better late than never, but Happy Birthday, BlueSapphire????!

ixion Tue 20-Apr-21 15:35:58

they concluded that since I had no direct evidence that she was endangering her own life it was not a police matter

They can't force entry, not unless they have cause to believe her life is in danger

So sorry to hear this cherry.
But how can anyone say that there is no danger to life, if they can't get in to see for themselves?

Beechnut Tue 20-Apr-21 15:26:47

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday BlueSapphire ???

hollysteers Tue 20-Apr-21 11:49:39

Good morning from a sunny northwest Lancashire coast.
In two minds whether to post today as life is quiet, but I’m sure I’ll think of something, however banal.
Healthy breakfast of kiwi, bananas and yoghurt, then to post a hand painted birthday card. I ask for ready made blank cards as gifts for myself as they come with envelopes.
So nice to have my bubbled kind daughter here, who is going to help me arrange one bank account, rather than the two I have at the moment. I have just held on to my own as well as my husband’s account since he died, but it doesn’t make sense.
It’s the direct debits that need to be sorted, ugh.
So I cooked ‘properly’ last night and cleared the dining room table and lit candles etc, more like old times.
She brought a bunch of freesias, but the main thing is she brought herself.
She was up at crack of sparrows for a run and I turned over in bed? Nelson said something like “When it’s time to turn over, it’s time to turn out!” But I’m not at sea. Well I am, in some ways...
I amused myself yesterday when booking for two coach day trips next month by stating twice, that I wanted a window seat and must face forward! Probably thinking about trains.
The booking clerk must have thought I was mad.
Sending thoughts to all with worries of any kind.
Will read through later.

Georgesgran Tue 20-Apr-21 11:44:37

Good late morning from Durham. Another bright, sunny day on the cards here.
Spent ages reading the messages and feeling so sorry for Cherry and her neighbour problems - I wouldn't know where to start.
There are many feeling at a loss today - sincere thoughts go to Harrigran and GrannySomerset too. There's never a right time for things to happen, but during this pandemic it's just so much worse.

I seem to have one of MD'S empties myself - but with a new gardener starting on Friday and the decorator on Saturday, I think I need to get to B&Q (other DIY establishments are available) pretty soon.

Wishing everyone the best day they can muster. X

hulahoop Tue 20-Apr-21 11:39:51

cherry hope you enjoy your day out I really feel for you having all these problems with your neighbour surely her gp can access services or even your if it's affecting your health .Happy birthday Bluesapphire??

Purplepixie Tue 20-Apr-21 11:38:32

Good morning from a very sunny and lovely East Midlands. A day in the garden with a G&T.

Grandmabatty Tue 20-Apr-21 11:29:28

Happy birthday to BlueSapphire

EllanVannin Tue 20-Apr-21 11:22:34

Happy Birthday BlueSapphire x flowers

EllanVannin Tue 20-Apr-21 11:20:20

Good Morning All x.
Another fine day, though a bit more cloud than of late but no rain forecast so far as I can remember. Hope not as I've got a bit of washing to do. I'll wait until the really warm weather before I wash the big curtains---one at a time in the machine.

I hope Iris's infection can be kept under control she's done so well----set-backs aren't allowed !

Harrigran you're having a tough time of it and I don't blame you for asking for help at this stage, there's no shame in it x

Good wishes go to "Grandmajet* for the forthcoming surgery x flowers
Thoughts to your DD, Scentia , always an anxious time x. Ginny too and your DD x. Hope all goes well for both.

Lovely maple Urmston and the "delphiddleums" look healthy too, a lovely entrance. Enjoy your day by the way x.

Another lovely pic of Marydoll's domain, such a beautiful part of the country---that I've made many different trips in all. The Trossachs, Aviemore and Dunoon with travelling around various areas while at these places, then there are the beautiful Highlands up towards John o' Groats.
Look after yourself Mary. x

Poor Cherry and the disturbances. It sounds like one very sick woman there who should be having treatment for her sake and everyone else's. It's going to be a long battle ahead to get help for all those who've been affected by the lockdowns etc this past year. I've just read a very sad piece of news in my local paper that a poor soul had ended his life from a nearby bridge. It's heartbreaking. It's over a motorway so all traffic had been held up. Bless his heart. Upsetting.

Washing's on so it can dry nicely outside, it's ideal.
Nothing much else on the agenda. My neighbour had a sudden spurt of energy cleaning throughout her flat----only because she's having the decorators in next week grin

Thoughts to those who are a bit under the weather and also to our absent friends. Have a lovely day, if you've got the weather to match. It's a change to get out and about after months of incarceration. Take care and stay safe xx flowers

grandMattie Tue 20-Apr-21 11:18:14

Cherry, what a horrible situation! I was going to suggest the Daily Mail, Sun or whatever as well... the services and politicians are terrified of them!
Send a letter, contact local radio and TV as well. Belt and braces.... The woman may not be a danger to herself but she is to others. Does that count for nothing?

grandmajet Tue 20-Apr-21 11:09:49

I too am shocked at Cherry’s plight, surely something should be done. I will ask my psych. daughter.
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. All done. I thought about big girl pants and it works! Thank you everyone! I’m such a wuss.
Now I’m off to reread posts to find out what oysters and lobsters are all about.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 20-Apr-21 11:07:35

Good Morning all from yet again a sunny Harrogate!
Your bread looks good Ellianne. wish I could bake bread!
Your GC are adventurous Beauregard, but i was told when my girls were small, they can still weigh up what they can do and what they can't. It was right. The only time she had an accident was on a friends climbing frame, where she had been goaded into doing something. The friends father was a doctor and examined her and told me she was OK, she was.
Baking on the cards today and phoning my other sister near Locherbie.
Enjoy today Marydoll but your fiasco with the batter worried me, could your talk to your GP to be referred to an Occupational Therapist who could maybe help you with some of the wonderful gadgets they have to help in your circumstances?
I hope Iris is soon over the infection.
Cherry I agree with others, try your MP, the woman needs sectioned!!!
Have a good day all.

Taichinan Tue 20-Apr-21 10:55:10

Goodness, there are 75 posts ahead of me this morning! Will definitely have to leave reading them all until later otherwise the day will be over! Anyway, it's a cool grey start to the day on the Angus coast, so thank goodness the oil has been delivered and I have oil and hot water at last! I enjoyed that shower this morning.
A friend phoned yesterday very upset that she's been diagnosed as being in the early stages of Alzheimer's, so I must get over to see her this afternoon for a very chilly garden chat. Being very deaf myself, I like to be able to read people's facial expressions and see their lips move - it's so easy to pick things up incorrectly over the phone. I'm really hoping that I've got it wrong, but I don't think so. It's really quite heartbreaking.
This is the start of DGD1's last term at school before she goes off to Dance College. All the Sixth Formers are compiling a Year Book and having their photos taken for it today. DD sent me a photo of her leaving for school today and she looked lovely - not that I'm at all biased, you understand ?
Apart from that, just the normal odds and sods to do, so I really must get moving. I hope you all have the best day you can, and that the sun is shining wherever you are - if not in the sky, then in your hearts. ☀️???

Litterpicker Tue 20-Apr-21 10:49:06

Good morning from West Sussex, free from fog so lovely and sunny (sorry east coast folk).
Like many others, I am off out for coffee so no time to post after cleansing and prettifying myself ?.
I just wanted to say that, with everyone else on here, I am horrified by your situation Cherry. Your MP may be the way to go though I should have thought that creating a disturbance, noise etc was enough for police or local authority to act (even if it’s not her fault). flowers for all suffering and some more flowers for the birthday girl.

Nannagarra Tue 20-Apr-21 10:46:33

I mean Cherry’s WP, not PW.
????

dragonfly46 Tue 20-Apr-21 10:44:31

Happy Birthday Bluesapphire.

What a dreadful situation Cherry. It sounds like things will only get worse unless someone can be persuaded to do something but that should not be your job.
I used to have a neighbour who would send for me in the middle of the night. He was convinced he was dying and would send for the ambulance but they refused to come as they had been called too often.
Eventually he persuaded me to drive him to a private hospital 3 hours away in the middle of the night. They discharged him after a few days and after that his wife stopped sending for me. I am not sure what happened but he died shortly afterwards.

Blossoming Tue 20-Apr-21 10:41:06

Good morning from a beautiful sunny Lancashire, it’s already hot so will be a scorching afternoon. Mr. B drained the big pond yesterday, it had become dreadfully overgrown and no life left in it other than rushes and weeds. We are going to give it a good clean and create a wildlife pond again. I’m sleeping better as my hiatal hernia is not too bad at the moment, just an occasional twinge. It’s restricting what I can do and what I can eat, I can’t manage bending or lifting without setting it off again. I have managed to do some housework but it’s difficult and painful. Even bending to load the washing machine sets it off. Sewing is absolutely fine though ?. I’m going to ask Mr. B. to bring my little wheeled gardening stool in from the shed. Then I can get on with a job that I’ve been wanting to do for some time but keep putting off. The great kitchen cupboard clear out will hopefully be underway this afternoon!

Mr. B has just returned from the supermarket, will settle down and read all your posts now. Sending loving vibes to all.

Jaxjacky Tue 20-Apr-21 10:40:34

Have a very lovely Birthday BlueSapphire ???enjoy your day.
Cherry is there any way your GP can contact adult social services/mental health team? Or if she rents, her landlord? It must be incredibly frustrating and debilitating for you, I hope you find some respite, it’s torturous.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Apr-21 10:39:20

Oh Cherry what an absolutely dreadful situation. Could your GP intervene if this continues and impacts on your health both physical and mentally.

Megs36 Tue 20-Apr-21 10:36:11

Morning all,lovely day again in Herts.
Nanny Jan interesting about Portal, we had one for Christmas , frightened me to death technology getting. beyond me? However all good until it stopped working ! Anyway thought of old trick Switch off and on, so pulled out the plug and left it a few seconds before plugging back and lo an behold it worked,maybe just coincidence but worth a try. Good luck.

LauraNorder Tue 20-Apr-21 10:25:02

Oh Cherry, my heart goes out to you. Have you talked to your MP? This situation cannot continue, your health is as important as your neighbours.
If all else fails the Daily Mail loves to inform us all about failing services and in this case there is absolute failure. Local radio might highlight your plight.
Enjoy your day out, I do admire your spirit. Take care ?

aggie Tue 20-Apr-21 10:21:55

Good Morning all, it was lovely and sunny for a while but it’s dull now .... sigh
It was nice to get a drive out , we had a wee walk after and DD christened her litter picker , she managed to fill one plastic bag , another good thing was that I managed to keep up with her using my Walker , she had to stop to pick up the rubbish ! Usually I am panting after her ?
Nothing planned for today , even though I am up since dawn I haven’t managed to get much done
I hope all under the weather peeps feel better today xxx

CherryCezzy Tue 20-Apr-21 10:17:22

Thank you Susan, I genuinely thought I wouldn't be up to posting. I'm sorry I pm'd you in the middle of the night, when I was so stressed out by it all only to have been able to post after all. You really are a ?

Auntieflo Tue 20-Apr-21 10:12:47

Ah, there you are Cherry. Enjoy your trip out.