Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming and ever supportive kitchen,

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 28-Apr-21 12:54:32

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good friends and jolly good company.

A warm welcome and I trust that you will all enjoy our new meeting place. Spic and span but homely with it. flowers cupcake wine smile

MawBe Mon 17-May-21 10:23:17

How very sad if it is true that we have indeed lost Daisyboots - I found her post dated 20 March and she was being very positive and brave flowers

soop Mon 17-May-21 11:06:57

My thoughts are with the family and friends of dear Daisyboots. A lovely, upbeat lady who will be missed in our kitchen. flowers

Puzzler61 Mon 17-May-21 11:10:53

How sad, we have lost a kitchen pal.
Thinking of Daisyboots and her thoughtful friend , family and other friends. ?

Yiayia4 Mon 17-May-21 11:52:28

R.I.P Daisyboots a very brave lady, thinking of her family and friends ?

soop Mon 17-May-21 12:56:44

I am feeling very sad since hearing the news of Daisyboots. I shall return later today.

I wish to dedicate one of my favourite photographs in memory of our friend.

Grandmabatty Mon 17-May-21 14:09:23

It is very sad. RIP Daisyboots. A lovely lady.
I'm having a breather as dgs is napping. We've had a lovely morning. A visit to the park which was really quiet but his favourite activity was happening- the man cutting the grass in the golf course bit. We fed the ducks and I bumped into someone I had been to school with. Then he ate a chocolate chip muffin and we sauntered about. An hour and a half later we headed home where he demanded pancakes. So what's a grandma to do? Yup, I made pancakes or as us Scots would say, dropped scones. He had two and they were not small. No wonder he needs a nap. I'm staying at dd's house for tea- mince and tatties. I'll drop in the kitchen later.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-May-21 14:14:00

Just back from the gym, we were allowed six of us in reception for a coffee afterwards, first time in over a year, boy did we put the world to rights.

So sad to lose a kitchen friend ?

Puzzler61 Mon 17-May-21 14:17:46

Perfect dedication soop It is easy to get lost in thoughts looking at that sky . ?

Galen Mon 17-May-21 14:36:41

Yia we’ve plenty of wild garlic here. It’s easy to grow in your garden as well.

Synonymous Mon 17-May-21 14:45:24

RIP Daisyboots flowers such a sweet lady.

Yiayia4 Mon 17-May-21 14:49:11

That’s an idea Soop it would be good to have in the garden.
Looking after Boris Puppy today he’s at the chewing stage and I found DH’s slippers in the garden only slightly chewed!!!!
Heavy rain and thunder here but sunshine between, should be better by the end of the month.?
Have a good Monday everyone.

HopeSprings Mon 17-May-21 15:04:26

Daisyboots was my best friend, we spoke every single day.
I posted the sad news in here because she talked to me so often about Gransnet, she really enjoyed taking part and reading your news.
We were really hoping that I could return to Portugal and see her very soon.
She passed peacefully away in her sleep in her own home so that brings me some comfort.
If you don’t mind I will pass on your condolences to her DH?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-May-21 15:20:18

HopeSprings I do hope that you will continue to post on GN.

Synonymous Mon 17-May-21 15:26:52

Stunning photo soop!

Today I have been watching the sparrows feeding their hatchlings who have now become big enough that I can see their amazingly wide mouths when their family arrive with food. It seems to have become sufficiently onerous that the wider family is getting involved in providing so I suspect we are now at the “growing on” stage.
So pleased that we put up the ‘sparrow terrace’, from the rspb, adjacent to the kitchen window as we can see so clearly. DD has been weeding the rockery by the front door and is being loudly shouted at to ‘move away now please’. Looking forward to seeing the fledglings emerge. smile

Synonymous Mon 17-May-21 15:33:50

Welcome HopeSprings so sorry that you have lost your best friend and so sad that you were not able to get over to see her. Do please pass on our condolences to her DH and come back to the kitchen again as there is always room here and good company. flowers

kittylester Mon 17-May-21 15:38:10

I've posted on the other thread but RIP Daisyboots. Yes, please stay with us HopeSprings.

Lovely photo soop.

Wild garlic isn't just easy to grow - it's a thug!!

Our next door neighbours have bats roosting in their eaves - lovely to watch but they are a bit hamstrung with things they can do with their house. I don't like fluttery things though and when we found one in our bedroom I was slightly freaked out!

dragonfly46 Mon 17-May-21 15:43:59

Yes HopeSprings do stay. We are so sorry to hear about Daisyboots she was indeed a lovely lady.

soop Mon 17-May-21 16:05:08

Thank you for your thoughtful message, HopeSprings. Please will you pass on our condolences to DaisyBoots family.

It would be lovely if you visited our kitchen in the future. We are a friendly bunch. smile

soop Mon 17-May-21 16:17:24

Urmstongran Your photograph of Plockton is stunning. We've visited that very spot. We purchased a beautiful table lamp from a gift shop. I also fancied treating us to a bronze hare gazing into the sky. Sadly, it was too expensive. It's almost like some location in the south of France. We also bought a water colour painting of Loch Carron when we had a break in a local coffee shop. That was a number of years ago.

Thinking of N&G and the family celebration.

muse Us lot were hoping for good news in time for your son's birthday.
I understand how important it is for him to secure a job that he enjoys and gains fulfilment from. I WISH that I could make it happen. He deserves a break and a taste of good fortune.

soop Mon 17-May-21 16:19:27

Galen I like bats. Providing they are not the vampire variety.

I shall log of for today. Tomorrow is a new day. May it be kind to us all. smile moon

cornergran Mon 17-May-21 16:23:14

Thank you for sharing the sad news hopesprings, a sad reason for being in the Kitchen, please do return when you feel able. My condolences to you and to daisyboots family, your best friend will be much missed.

Lins1066 Mon 17-May-21 16:49:22

How very sad to hear the news of Daisyboots' passing. My condolences to her husband and to her friend hopesprings ?

Puzzler61 Mon 17-May-21 17:07:01

Just what Lins1066 says really about Daisyboots.
I have posted on the other thread too.
Welcome to soop’s kitchen HopeSprings - but it is a shame it is in these sad circumstances. ?

Yiayia4 Mon 17-May-21 17:27:40

Do hope you stay with us HopeSprings thinking of you?

annodomini Mon 17-May-21 17:31:42

Hopesprings, my condolences to you. Losing your best friend is so sad for you and you will feel so lonely without her. We could tell, from her posts here, what a brave and even optimistic person she was and she will leave a huge gap in the world of her family and friends.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion