Gransnet forums

Chat

Dh kindness

(47 Posts)
Katyj Mon 03-May-21 08:34:20

So I’m feeling pretty down at the moment. Tuned into the shopping channel this morning, and saw something I really love, sleep spray. I didn’t say anything , and changed channel.
Didn’t think anymore about it. Dh disappeared upstairs to get dressed came down and told me he ordered it for my upcoming birthday ! So unlike him, he’s never ordered anything before, i’m so surprised it brought a tear to my eye.
Also my lovely Dil sent a text last night to say she’s taking me out for lunch for my birthday ! bless her. Nice to share some good news for a change.

dragonfly46 Tue 04-May-21 16:45:00

Back to the OP - that is lovely Katy I hope it cheered you up. My OH makes me laugh. Since I have been ill when I am cooking or doing anything he comes out and asks if he can help. We have been married 54 years and has never done it before - it is kind of sweet though.

crazyH Tue 04-May-21 16:46:35

Namsnanny....it didn’t help me, but then everyone is different. It may help you

Katyj Tue 04-May-21 16:52:28

Oh dragonfly that’s lovely too. It is the small things that make a big difference. Hope you feel better soon flowers
The sleep spray does help me sleep, I don’t use it every night, only if i feel stressed and have a lot on my mind. At the moment mum isn’t very well so lots to worry about.

icanhandthemback Wed 05-May-21 10:37:21

How lovely of your husband and how lovely to have a post praising your husband. ❤️

polnan Wed 05-May-21 10:44:56

lol, all those deleted messages, I want to know what could possibly be said in a bad way about a sleep spray!

me? I would like someone to give me the link so I can consider buying some,, please?

Jaxjacky Wed 05-May-21 10:54:37

I don’t even know what QVC is!

Newatthis Wed 05-May-21 10:54:39

So nice to see 'lovely' and 'Dil' in one sentence as, so often on this site, there is a lot of DiL bashing. How nice of your family - I won't say lucky you as you sound such a nice person that you deserve some spoiling. Enjoy your birthday.

EmilyHarburn Wed 05-May-21 11:02:27

QVC is a shopping channel - www.qvcuk.com/

I suggest you use it with care. They demonstrate things to buy on TV. Lots of the stuff is bought as the demonstration occurs, this makes things exciting, and kind of makes you also want to buy. The result is that though you may get some nice things you may also buy a whole lot of stuff you don't need or want. so be careful.

They do have real shops for the returned goods and friends who use this channel enjoy an an outing to the nearest one when its allowed.

Babs758 Wed 05-May-21 11:06:08

QVC are great for bargains on brands like Occitaine (which do a sleep spray!). It is quite relaxing and has a lovely lavender smell but expensive.

kwest Wed 05-May-21 11:29:55

What a lovely man. In recent years my husband has 'got the hang' of ordering from Amazon and often buys books for me that he thinks I might like. One funny thing, for my birthday , I had taken up ballet for over 50s before the lockdown, he sent away for a selection of legwarmers for me. On my birthday I opened a package with long over the knee socks with huge feet in them and tight around the tops. He was mortified especially as he had more coming in the post. We had a good laugh about it. He could wear them for gardening I suppose.

Jillybird Wed 05-May-21 11:47:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JaneJudge Wed 05-May-21 11:48:59

grin @not watching it is you feel sad or vulnerable

Missiseff Wed 05-May-21 14:08:06

Highly recommend NEOM products, if that's allowed shock Beautiful scents

Katyj Wed 05-May-21 14:22:00

Aww Thank you for the birthday wishes. Yes I’m wondering what could have been said about a sleep spray makes the Mind boggle ? Kwest that made me laugh bless him, his heart was in the right place that’s all that matters.
I also love the l’ Occitane products they once had them in a hotel we were staying in. Plus the neom diffuser is lovely both dils have them,
I’m saving up for one they are quite pricey. Don’t watch QVC everyday or I’d be bankrupt !

queenofsaanich69 Wed 05-May-21 14:34:51

Hope you feel a bit happier,you obviously have a lovely family who treasure you,treat yourself kindly,things will get better.
Hope you have a very Happy Birthday.

Jaxjacky Wed 05-May-21 14:48:05

Thank you for the explanation of QVC, as I don’t like shopping, except when necessary, I’m safe!

Megs36 Wed 05-May-21 15:05:24

Katyj me too, I never understand what theses deletions mean and why some people see them.

Kamiso Wed 05-May-21 16:24:58

I have a few different sleep sprays and roller type dispensers. They work very well for me so worth a try. I love lavender and have several bushes in the garden. Some contain chamomile which is another scent that’s been used down the ages.

Bijou Wed 05-May-21 16:54:08

I would like a spray to keep me awake!!

Aepgirl Thu 06-May-21 13:33:58

Have a lovely birthday.

TrendyNannie6 Thu 06-May-21 15:18:48

That’s lovely Katy, must admit I’m a sucker for the shopping channels too, hope you have a great birthday