Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning from Mick and Maw

(69 Posts)
Jaxjacky Thu 10-Jun-21 06:43:10

Thought I’d open up, hope that’s ok.

Grandmabatty Thu 10-Jun-21 07:34:57

Marydoll when I bought my new specs in February it was just as well I was sitting down when I was told the price! I'm another who missed Ellam yesterday. I hope she's well.

Gelisajams Thu 10-Jun-21 07:43:35

Good morning from a cloudy Morecambe Bay.
Good to read things are on the up for folk this morning apart from poor Mick’s tech problems.
Not much planned for today, Perhaps DH has something planned …..or not as the case may be.
Take care and stay safe everyone ???

Marydoll Thu 10-Jun-21 07:43:56

GM, I used to get a great discount, curtesy of DIL. When I was working, I used to be very self indulgent and with the discount, I could get some very nice ones.
DIL had to stop working because Dollie was shielding, so now I pay full price (ouch) and have to be more economical! ?

MawBe Thu 10-Jun-21 07:45:59

Good morning everybody- looks like another scorchio here in N Bucks ?
Thank you for opening up Jaxjacky it made much more sense than waiting for sleepyhead here who was letting Rosie out and making a cuppa!

I have copied and pasted Micks PM and absolutely cannot understand what is wrong. When logging off and then on again fails, or switching the damn thing off at the wall and waiting 5 minutes before switching it on again also fails to work, I have exhausted my brain capacity and techie ability.
I have also suggested he deregister and “comes back” as Mick13 or some such - surely that would work?
Yesterday was tiring (?) - a leisurely Pimms fuelled lunch in the garden with my half-brothers adoptive cousin and her partner - keeping up at the back? I think they enjoyed it, they stayed until nearly 5! I was glad I had pushed the boat out a bit with the meal including my homemade limoncello ice cream with the strawberries as a change from cream, as they arrived very smartly togged up with the most beautiful flowers! But goodness, sitting out under the pergola all afternoon is tiring isn’t it? ?
Anyway I send my very best to all with personal or medical issues and wish you all a pleasant Thursday.

Gagagran Thu 10-Jun-21 07:57:23

Morning all from a cloudy south coast. It's the partial eclipse this morning starting around 10am and will be over by 12.30pm but unless the cloud lifts I don't expect we will see much of it.

Feeling stiff and achey this morning so am off to have a hot shower and hope to ease the old joints. I really need some WD40 in them but can't get access.

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

Alygran Thu 10-Jun-21 07:58:32

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s very warm again but a bit cloudy. I hope it clears as I’m off to meet a friend and walk on the beach from Marske to Saltburn, have fish and chips and walk back again! It should be interesting as it is the time of the eclipse. I wonder if we will notice a difference in the light?
Very busy yesterday with our parent carer event. The yoga therapy and Tibetan drum session was great for relaxing and the brown bag lunches went down well in the park afterwards. Everyone loved their goody bags too.
Harri pleased to read that things are a little better.
For all those with worries and struggles flowers
Here’s some real ones from my garden to share with you all (if the photos work).
Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 10-Jun-21 07:58:38

Hoping Ellan is ok and we hear from her today??

Also forgot to say to Lins that I hope your little dog is feeling better?

dragonfly46 Thu 10-Jun-21 08:02:12

Todd morning, as kitty says it is overcast here.

So sorry you are still not able to post Mick. It is about time it was sorted out.

NWR plant swop this afternoon in someone’s garden.

Pleased you got at least a phone call yesterday Harrigran but surely someone should see you.
My annual oncology appointment next week has been changed to a phone call. I wonder if it will ever get to back to how it was.

I too wonder how Jet is.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Party4 Thu 10-Jun-21 08:12:13

Thanks to Maw and Jax for opening up whist Mick has his I.T. issues.Rather blustery and overcast this a.m. here in West Yorks.Managed to arrange hair appt this morning 9a.m so will be great to be up,out and about early doors.When we moved here purchased some storage units from Ikea(can I print the name)as a put on until we decided when/how the layout would work.We are now in process of a complete revamp, prob last and thrilled to find IKEA are buying back furniture up to 7yrs old and have been offered half price,only issue is has to be returned in assembled state, which no problem in that DS has access to a van.Now the difficulty in finding range of lounge furniture with storage and in keeping with our tiny bungalow setting.DH hates shopping so Hey Ho and here we go.
Good day to all and thoughts of those with illness and worry.

NannyJan53 Thu 10-Jun-21 08:13:10

Good morning from a cloudy but warm Black Country.

Finally ordered our new sofa, chair and footstool from Loaf in Solihull. Now to decide on decoration , curtains and wallpaper, as it will be the end of August until delivery.

Such a lovely day yesterday, so we fired up the BBQ in the evening.

Today at 11.00am, I have my first dental check-up since February last year. I fear it may be an 'ouch' in the purse! Edit, just had a text cancelling! I am sure they wouldn't be too happy if I cancelled at such short notice

When I read your post yesterday Grandmafrench I felt so upset for your friend. flowers

Hoping your DH is improving harrigran and he sees someone soon.

Hoping too that EV is ok, and gilly is still in my thoughts, and I hope she is ok

Greyduster Thu 10-Jun-21 08:17:57

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is overcast in South Yorkshire but not much cooler. I had an awful night full of aches and pains and now there is some idiot with a stone cutting saw going full blast since god knows when! Grumpy? Me? Too right! On a better note, SiL sent a video of GS winning an 800 meters race for his club last night. His first win at 800. Proud grandparents!
Freezer problems need sorting this morning and then DH has a second visit to the dentist this afternoon.
Harri glad to hear your DH has had some attention, but someone needs a kick up the backside. Have a good day folks.

Grandmajean Thu 10-Jun-21 08:23:40

Good morning all you early birds - I blame my late posts on having to move rooms to type on my desk top. Phone somehow doesn't do it for me . How do you type on a phone ? It takes forever.
Cloudy here - think I'v just seen a headline about an eclipse this morning so maybe that is the cause.
Will come back and read posts .
I wish everyone a good day . It is hard to not miss someone out when commenting but I do read all posts and enjoy hearing better news from those having a really rough time .

Elizabeth1 Thu 10-Jun-21 08:25:50

Good morning all from an overcast start to the day on the east coast of Fife. I think it’s to be really warm later on. Thank you to those kind gnetters who have posted kind words to me this morning I would name you in person but unfortunately I’m unable to scroll this early. Or take it all in.

I had the most debilitating day yesterday with tiredness I think perhaps I overdid things the day before and because I had such an early start Never mind, nothing ventured nothing gained. Today’s another day and I’m up for the challenge.

My poor dh came home early from his golf yesterday-as it started to rain however he said he had a great chat about the dreaded football with a few buddies.

My hairdresser is coming today and I’m getting a visit this afternoon from an old acquaintance it’ll be some catch up. A couple of years worth at least.

Good news, my dd has said she’s coming to visit soon with the boys and the dogs I’m so looking forward to seeing them all. And the handyman actually came yesterday I knew all about it when I heard someone banging on the roof thinking it was the new neighbours getting on with their home improvements. At the same time the window cleaners were busy up their ladders too. It was such a busy morning yesterday it’s no wonder I was exhausted by lunch time however I managed to scoff down asparagus and a delicious soft poached egg ? have a good Thursday everyone thinking of those who have lost loved ones recently you’re in my thoughts and prayers.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 10-Jun-21 08:28:28

Good morning all from bright Harrogate
Today I have a Sainsburies shopping delivery. Decided to keep it going in case of further lockdowns
My DD1 should be round this morning to join DH and dog ? for a walk dog ? is getting on and doesn’t walk so far nowadays - a bit like me!
Probably a trip to the vet later - she keeps a wound alive by licking it. She might have to have a ‘lampshade’ on her head to stop her getting at it.
Glad you eventually got some help harrigan - better than nothing?
Oops Marydoll with your dress, maybe a belt would have been easier?
Have the best day possible folks

Lins1066 Thu 10-Jun-21 08:31:44

Good morning from cloudy S Welsh coast. Didn't sleep very well, par for the course these days. I hope you receive more help harri it was shocking to read your post yesterday.
I'm very sorry about your friend's husband grandmaFrench, a very cruel blow ?
Take care of yourself Alizarin hope your plans to come home soon are realised.
Our mobile hairdresser is coming this morning and I have a medical appointment late afternoon which I am not looking forward to.
My thoughts are with those who are struggling for whatever reason. Best wishes and hugs for Auntyflo, Cherry, harri and all who need one.

Anniebach Thu 10-Jun-21 08:33:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

amselerin Thu 10-Jun-21 08:34:56

Good morning all from glorious (weather wise) Lueneburg. A full day of gardening is planned. Yesterday it was planned also, but 2 friends arrived a different times and stayed very long. Since we are allowed to see each other again the catching up takes a long time. I am not complaining though - the weeds will be waiting patiently.
Welcome to the new posters allule and DR64, This is a very friendly and helpful chat. Thank you grandmafrench and MawBe for your advice on taking Waldi (my dog) to Britain. It made me feel so good to know that you made the effort to help me. I am not used to asking for help. This is truly a lovely thread. I am always telling my friends here about your interesting chats, your meals ideas and your beauty spots, the charity shops and of course the times of the trains to Liverpool. So, we are all taking in a small part of your lives in England as well as in France, Portugal and other countries.
Take care all and a big hug to harrigran.

Stilllearning Thu 10-Jun-21 08:37:38

Morning from cloudy S Lanarkshire.Today should be our town’s festival day, called Lanimers Day and very important historically in the local calendar. We have a lovely procession with truly amazing ‘floats’ entered by all the local schools as well as groups of town groups and of course a ‘court’ of beautifully dressed children.
This is the second one not taking place, nothing in the great scheme of things of course, but another loss for the children.

Ashcombe your pithy ending to your description of your meeting is a cracker and did make me chuckle!

Grandmafrench, that is truly sad for your friend and a dreadful shock for you too, I have no doubt you will be a great support for the poor lady.

Sending ?and thoughts to those who need them, don’t want to list them and risk missing anyone out, I do remember all our group every morning.
Have a good day all x

Lins1066 Thu 10-Jun-21 08:40:41

Thank you Susan Sam is better but he's still not right. He's finished the medication and is drinking but still not eating much.

Grammaretto Thu 10-Jun-21 08:49:48

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders. Still overcast here but too dry so I shall have to get the watering can out. I lit the fire last night it was so chilly.

A lovely day spent strolling around Edinburgh with a pal I haven't seen for ages. On one of the home buses an old woman was singing Irish folk songs to herself, perfectly in tune.

I am glad you are getting some better attention Harrigran

Elizabeth1 I think you can't expect to be feeling 100% the day after such an active day. Take it easy.

I must locate and purchase paint today. for the walls not artist's paint.
Thanks for the irises Alygran do you ever paint them? as in paint a picture of them

I am confusing myself. Better stop and wish you all a happy Thursday/.

GrannySomerset Thu 10-Jun-21 08:53:23

DH managed to get up (for no reason) and then fall not once but twice in the night so we are both good for not much and I have three stair lift companies to see today. Don’t know quite how to stop DH from getting up as am not keen on blunt instruments or sleeping pills but we can’t go in like this.

So sorry Mick is still not with us and I too miss EV but glad to read of everyone’s doings. Looks like another hot day though still cloudy here. Eclipse - what eclipse?

Grandmafrench Thu 10-Jun-21 09:01:46

Good Morning everyone - from another 30 degree day in the South ? where I've just had an almost cold shower. It's that time of year again......

No waffling this morning from me. I just want to send you all my sincere thanks for so many lovely messages and PM's I've received when I've been sad. You are all so lovely - just hope you know that. I'm not naming names since there are just too many, so I thought that you'd all be thrilled to your boots to receive this bad taste photo of some beach towels for sale in the market!

Now you know that the thought is there - I'm sending you skies filled with endless fluffy flamingoes and hoping that your day today is a good one. Whatever you're up to, enjoy it all.

Aren't we lucky to hang out here with such a lovely bunch of people!

Take care please, hugs from France - and love from me.
xx

B9exchange Thu 10-Jun-21 09:04:58

Good morning all, bit overcast in SW Herts, but hopefully will brighten up. Off today to help out with childcare, Olive and Freddie, DH to tackle their garden. So sorry to hear of tragedies for some of you and your friends.

Have the best day possible for each of you.

Mick I cannot believe how long this is taking to get you sorted, I think you might have to accept your profile has gone and choose another one hugely frustrating though it is.

BlueSapphire Thu 10-Jun-21 09:07:01

A very good morning to everyone from a sunny Northampton. It was very grey and cloudy earlier, but the sun is just breaking through.

My goodness, it has taken me nearly half an hour to read all the posts, but fear I have not taken much in!

Had a good walk yesterday afternoon followed by drinks and a chat in the cafe afterwards. My friend and I then grabbed trolleys and came home laden with plants which I aim on potting up this morning. Then I have a Sainsbury's delivery around lunchtime.

An early evening walk again with a group followed by a drink and meal at the pub. I am enjoying catching up on all the pub meals I have missed during lockdown!

Wishing all a good day.

muse Thu 10-Jun-21 09:12:36

Good morning Jax. Thank you.

Hope you get home today Alizarin. I was in Truro area on Tuesday. So many police on the roads then. Various helicopters in the sky too! I think the clouds are set to set in Cornwall today

Thank you for Mick’s news Maw.

Lovely the ?towels Grandmafrench

Back soon. Breakfast is on the table.
?