Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 14th august 2021

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 14-Aug-21 06:04:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but dull grey cloud over brackley this morning ,today will see a bus journey to Buckingham and bicester returning via Buckingham ,and hopefully the flea market will be on.
cycling on tV will take remainder up with the start of the Vuelta in Spain .
I may also have my usual Chinese Take Away.
Take Care,
Mick

ginny Sat 14-Aug-21 11:48:17

Just about made Good Morning! We were up early to collect DDs dog who will be staying with us for a couple of weeks and wave the family off on their holiday.
They have booked their normal dog walker and half hour slots at a secure exercise field. The dog is lovely but lively and they did not want us overdoing it.
Sat in the garden at the moment and I think some tidying is needed. Very pleased with my Agapanthus this year.
Pleased to hear your family is recovering Scentia and other bits of good news. Lovely hearing about family meet ups and visits.
Best wishes to all with problems or worries. Hope you all find a Saturday smile.

ginny Sat 14-Aug-21 12:20:01

Forgot the photo?

muse Sat 14-Aug-21 12:22:51

Good morning afternoon Mick and all Morningsers. Sunny Cornwall with a few clouds. Due to my usual late rising, we had a late breakfast outside . It was drizzling four hours ago.

Leisurely read and a few notes taken. Not sure how many Morningsters come back here to catch up with news but here goes with mine.

Friday 13th has come and gone thank goodness. Mya spent the day at the vets and her itchy ear was a bad case of thrush. I now have to try to do a good ear wash regularly with new solution. Whilst she was sedated the vet noticed her belly and suspects an enlarged spleen. Urgent call at lunchtime about it and quick decision. I've read all about it and anxiety has kicked in but like all worries that come along, I will try to take one day at a time. Scan has been booked for Tuesday.
Delivery of our slabs ended up with me on the phone on and off all afternoon. Just under half arrived (£2000 worth missing). At first, the Depot said they hadn't them but then found them! They promised a Monday delivery but no email confirmation arrived. Phil was set to start laying the edging pieces for MuseMansion on Monday - but that was one of the crates that didn't arrive.
MrM had his dressings changed. One wound continues to be of concern the other has almost gone.

Scientia. Good Covid news?. After a hand injury two years ago, I still hate asking for help. I understand your feelings entirely. As well as the physical aspect, there's the mental anguish too.

Nannagarra Excellent poster and message on it. We both love Freddie too.

Gingster I love outdoor performances. A woodland setting in particular. I lived close to Sherwood forest and used to take DGD to see a small theatre group perform there regularly.

Do hope your DH agrees to get that hearing test Marydoll. I started with aids two years ago and thought the tests would be yearly like my eye test at Specsavers. I have to have a test at the hospital as I have tinnitus but when I asked a couple of months ago I was told, only every three years now. How does it work with aids? If hearing has got worse do you get a different type of aid? I turn my up and down for a variety of reasons. I had to turn it right up to the max (13) the other day as I couldn't hear the weird noise coming from our freezer. MrM could hear it clearly. Frustrating.

NannyJan53 Our Southwest Spotlight news was all about the Plymouth news. So many innocent lives lost and two more victims still in hospital. What angered me the most that the police were having to ask people to respect the families and friends who were suffering. People been using their mobiles (videoing) and the police asked them not to post on social media.

Grandmafrench. Have you found some perkiness yet. Look after Tie Die. She will be very thirsty.

Typing all this up has lifted my gloomy dark mood. There is a lot to be said for getting your thoughts and emotions down on paper. Good advice from a counsellor I had years ago.

Mya is looking cheerful today. I will enjoy my woodland walk with her in the dappled shade. Take care everyone.

Mapleleaf Sat 14-Aug-21 12:28:52

Good afternoon.
It's a rather grey day so far in South Yorkshire but less windy than yesterday.
The grass has grown again (?) so when I've drunk my coffee I'm off out to cut it before any rain arrives. It certainly keeps me fit having to cut the grass so regularly, especially the front garden which has a deceptive slope to it, and requires a bit more effort to push the mower ?.
Hope you all have a good day. I'll read the posts thoroughly later.

NannyJan53 Sat 14-Aug-21 13:06:39

muse my audiology department only do hearing tests now on request. I cannot remember the last time I had one! It must be at least 5 years ago.

I can’t understand why anyone would want to video the terrible scene in Plymouth.

Nannagarra Sat 14-Aug-21 13:45:06

Well I was going to point out (and thereby hint) that had I been male my parents would have called me Peter, B9, however I’ve been side-tracked by dustyangel!
???

Marydoll Sat 14-Aug-21 14:53:19

Four years ago, my DIL tested DH's hearing, she worked in Specsavers. She told him that he had moderate hearing loss!!
He has taken that to mean that he will never need another hearing test as long as he lives!!

Pittcity Sat 14-Aug-21 15:25:12

Please can I send my DH to Marydoll's training school and hearing test centre? Can you include sight and perception too?

This morning he watched me dust and hoover. I went upstairs to have a shower and when I came down he'd had the sander out, so I had to get the duster and hoover out again.
He's just off for an eye test this minute and I've reminded him to book a hearing test while he's there (because of my mumbling!). My money's on him forgetting or saying I didn't tell him to ask!!!?

ginny Sat 14-Aug-21 15:30:46

Maybe it’s not their hearing that’s the problem. I tend to think it is often their listening that is at fault.

grannylyn65 Sat 14-Aug-21 16:30:53

Is 12 Michael a gran

Marydoll Sat 14-Aug-21 16:34:59

No, he is a man, the person who initiated this thread. It has become daily event, where we wait for Mick to start the thread, before we post.

grannylyn65 Sat 14-Aug-21 17:56:00

O I c x