Gransnet forums

Chat

Sticking tongue out in photos.

(61 Posts)
Caleo Thu 09-Sep-21 18:09:43

To me, it looks rude. It seems to be some sort of joke when they do it in photos, but I don't know what they mean by it. Can anyone tell me why they do it and what it means?

Smurf52 Fri 10-Sep-21 19:24:56

It's the same with young girls pouting and posing at camera at all angles. Still, if I was still 15 I would be doing it too grin

kircubbin2000 Fri 10-Sep-21 20:10:19

There's one that teenage boys do that I don't understand.pose wearing a top and say needed to change.

Allsorts Fri 10-Sep-21 20:11:23

It’s a mystery!

welbeck Fri 10-Sep-21 20:24:30

some of these are pretty obvious, but not something i want to think about.

Elegran Fri 10-Sep-21 20:44:56

Hellsbelles

If it's teenage / young adult people doing it , it has sexual connotations .
Likewise , the pumped up pouty lips. They apparently are to signify ,swollen aroused labia lips. Who knew !confused

Hellsbelles Even wearing lipstick is symbolic - prostitutes in ancient Rome used to redden their lips to indicate that they wee willing to give oral sex (which the better-class ones refused to do)

And, of course, reddened lips were/are also reminiscent of the swollen scarlet labia of female chimpanzees in oestrus, which were a come-on sign to the male chimps. Homo sapiens is not very far removed from the other great apes.

Elegran Fri 10-Sep-21 20:48:01

Two typos in that - wee should of course be were, and " which were a come-on sign" should have been " which ARE a come-on sign"

GreenGran78 Sat 11-Sep-21 09:07:29

Our local ‘trash nothing’ website had a request from a young couple, worded in a very cocky way, saying that they had just got a flat and needed ‘everything’.
My first thought was, “Are either of them working?” My second was that the picture they had added, both smirking and pulling tongues, would probably ensure that they would receive few, if any, donations.

Sarnia Sat 11-Sep-21 09:54:36

I fully agree about this habit. I have 6 teenage granddaughters and am fed up with getting photos on my phone of them and their friends sticking their tongues out or pouting. They are all pretty girls, just smile. The celebrities do it, apparently.

CassieJ Sat 11-Sep-21 09:57:40

It's awful, I can never see the point of it. The other one that is becoming more common is women pouting in photos -- just why??

Keffie12 Fri 17-Sep-21 22:26:00

It's playful childlike fun I'm told. We used to do daft things too. Just didn't have selfie phones then