Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 11th September 2021

(56 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 11-Sep-21 06:04:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a cloudy start here but its dry at the moment here in brackley .
Unsure at the moment to what direction of bus travel I will do today , either Bicester direct both ways ,and have a breakfast bap in the bakery cafe I use, or go via Buckingham both ways , which would see me home mid afternoon .
I intend to watch the penultimate stage of the cycle tour of Britain, as it starts from the borders to Edinburgh today .
Take Care,
Mick

Blossoming Sat 11-Sep-21 11:00:45

Good morning Mick and all. It’s a grey day here in Lancashire following overnight rain. Brightening up now. Temperature currently 18°C, with a pleasant breeze.

I’m late to the party today, it was very hot here last night and I didn’t sleep well. Laundry to do today, followed by rest and relaxation.

Welcome to any new posters. Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering. Wishing a safe journey to anybody traveling.

Have the best day possible ???

EkwaNimitee Sat 11-Sep-21 11:45:29

Good morning Mick and all from grey Carlisle.
I've recently returned from Sainsbury's where I've done a top up shop between online deliveries. Specifically, I'd thought I ought to get my Christmas cake ingredients in now. It's the one Christmas thing that's sacrosanct, I'm not bothered about Christmas generally. Well, the shelves in that area were just about stripped bare, everyone must have had the same thought! Getting down on my knees, I found a box of dried fruit others must have missed and have got most of what I need. And my free range chicken which Tesco couldn't supply last week. The other blank areas were toilet rolls (of course!) and dog food. Little gaps elsewhere they are cunningly trying to disguise.
I have a flu jab due this afternoon. In previous years, they just let me know they were available, this year they sent an actual appointment and have now texted me to say it's still on. I don't look forward to the aftermath, I always get a very sore arm I can't sleep on for 2 or 3 nights.
harrigran, I do hope your DH is feeling better and is soon home. Look after yourself too.
And everyone have the best possible weekend.

LauraNorder Sat 11-Sep-21 11:50:14

Wow Annapops just wow.
I can see why you’re proud.

Neen Sat 11-Sep-21 11:56:21

Good morning ,
Today I have a day of rest but may pop for lunch over the local. I can't decide yet.
I've had a lovely walk with the dig and the breeze today is much appreciated .
Have a great day

Neen Sat 11-Sep-21 11:58:12

Annapops gosh .. in awe