Gransnet forums

Chat

Photographs 2023

(215 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 26-Jan-23 08:00:39

I was going to post this on the Gloomy thread but thought I'd start a new photograph thread so we can see how the year develops in pictures.

This was taken yesterday from Hungerford Bridge - it's not a great photo but shows St Paul's shining in the drizzly cold gloomy early evening.

grannyactivist Tue 14-Mar-23 17:30:40

I was well enough to get dressed and take a short walk today, so I took some photo’s. There’s a lane opposite my front gate that leads to this beautiful river meadow; it was my children’s walk to school when they were little.

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you Joseann?

Joseanne Tue 14-Mar-23 17:35:56

Rock, across the estuary from Padstow, grannyactivist.

grannyactivist Tue 14-Mar-23 17:41:40

Ah- I thought it might be in that area. We occasionally holiday in Trevone, on the other side of the headland from Padstow.

kittylester Wed 15-Mar-23 19:01:45

It's a hard life!

Beechnut Wed 15-Mar-23 19:04:46

grannyactivist

I was well enough to get dressed and take a short walk today, so I took some photo’s. There’s a lane opposite my front gate that leads to this beautiful river meadow; it was my children’s walk to school when they were little.

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you Joseann?

If I didn’t like school I’d be keen to go for the walk alone.

grannyactivist Thu 16-Mar-23 22:21:21

Beechnut there were lots of ducks and ducklings to watch, squirrels to see, and an abundance of birds, bees, butterflies and ladybirds. Every morning we left home 15 minutes early to allow time to enjoy the walk. Since then a community orchard has been planted, so children now stop to pick plums and mulberries on their way to and from school and a family of otters can sometimes be spotted. We really are very fortunate - our allotment is just by the river and in the summer I can happily while away a few hours listening to birdsong with the sounds of the river as a backdrop.

Beechnut Fri 17-Mar-23 07:26:31

I love the sound of your days past and present grannyactivist.

Sarah75 Fri 17-Mar-23 08:58:01

Pretty crocus

Greyduster Fri 17-Mar-23 15:00:20

I think that Spring has truly sprung! Two of these in the garden today, enjoying the warm weather like me.

grannyactivist Sat 18-Mar-23 01:14:10

We had a working holiday in Dartmouth early last month. The view from the window of our apartment was wonderful; the river to the front and the Britannia Naval College from the rear balcony.

Joseanne Sat 18-Mar-23 07:02:25

Stunning views, I'd like to "work" from there grannyactivist, but not much work would get done!

Riverwalk Sat 18-Mar-23 07:12:57

Lots of lovely photos - yes Spring seems to have sprung!

Yesterday afternoon, after a wet and gloomy morning - a beautiful magnolia tree on Chelsea Embankment

Joseanne Sat 18-Mar-23 07:25:48

Soft blue, green, pink in Devon yesterday. Worthy of a Monet painting.

Greyduster Mon 20-Mar-23 16:07:41

A robin in my bird bath this afternoon (I didn’t even realise there was any water in it. He was having a good splash!

Greyduster Mon 20-Mar-23 16:13:27

Second go!

grannyactivist Tue 21-Mar-23 20:01:18

Lovely photo Greyduster - it brought a sudden memory to mind of watching birds in my grandad’s birdbath when I was a child.

Riverwalk Tue 11-Apr-23 14:49:25

A gloomy atmospheric Lake Geneva, taken from Montreux, last week. The plush looking lagoon is a public pool!

Greyduster Tue 11-Apr-23 19:35:22

The River Wye at Monsal Dale from the viaduct.

Ali08 Tue 11-Apr-23 20:32:53

Nothing ever happens on our street 🤣🤣 A pic I took about 2 years ago when someone had escaped custody at the local court. Housemate came to tell me there were armed police on our little street, he'd opened the door to put rubbish in the outside bin only to be yelled at to 'SHUT THE DOOR AND STAY INSIDE'. Poor bloke nearly had heart failure!
Anyway, I couldn't resist when I looked out my window to see them standing next to this sign on an old warehouse! 🤣🤣
The escapee was not on our street, but was recaptured elsewhere.

cornergran Tue 11-Apr-23 20:33:52

A few days ago. Hard to believe it now after two days of constant rain and howling winds.

mokryna Tue 11-Apr-23 20:38:22

Cordoba in February ‘23

Scribbles Wed 12-Apr-23 00:25:59

A moody bank holiday afternoon in Yorkshire.

TillyTrotter Wed 12-Apr-23 10:14:44

A (similarly) moody April day along the Somerset coast this week.

Witzend Thu 13-Apr-23 08:04:31

This was in Richmond Park a few days ago, courtesy of dh.

Jaxjacky Thu 13-Apr-23 08:22:09

Being battered by yesterday’s storm.