Gransnet forums

Chat

Michael Shellenberger: WPATH - 'Possibly the worst medical scandal in history'

(103 Posts)
Namsnanny Fri 08-Mar-24 22:26:24

youtu.be/nulk601lnA

If this link doesn't work (sorry!) it's all over the internet so should be easy to find.

All about the medical industry pushing the trans issue knowing the harm and lack of evidence on which it is built.

Dickens Sat 09-Mar-24 00:40:40

"This video isn't available anymore" is the message when clicking on the link.

But I found this
twitter.com/i/status/1764800595473686865

Bridie22 Sat 09-Mar-24 07:31:33

So pleased these documents have been brought to light, the treatments used on vunerable children and adults just amount to experimentation!!
Do no harm doesn't seem to apply.

Galaxy Sat 09-Mar-24 09:20:16

It will be/is the biggest medical failing of our time, actually it's a societal failing I think.

Bridie22 Sat 09-Mar-24 09:28:13

I agree Galaxy, let's hope they are not buried!!

Smileless2012 Sat 09-Mar-24 09:33:59

A medical and societal failing Galaxy and I think that the medical failing can be more easily addressed than the societal, which just seems to be ongoing.

Unfortunately for many, the damage has been done.

Rosie51 Sat 09-Mar-24 09:36:14

Thanks for that link Dickens. I shall attempt to read the document later. I wonder how all those doctors, celebrities and others who have endorsed this experiment on vulnerable people will wriggle out of any responsibility now.

maddyone Sat 09-Mar-24 09:41:55

neither science nor medicine

Indeed. And the inability to obtain informed consent! Children are clearly not able to give informed consent, nor people with conditions such as autism, schizophrenia and other mental health issues.
This is the biggest health scandal for years. There will be multiple cases in the future, of people bringing claims against the NHS for negligent treatment. There are already some cases beginning to emerge.

Luckygirl3 Sat 09-Mar-24 09:45:54

As the grandmother of an 18 year old who wishes to change gender, this video makes my heart sink. My GC is, as are many gender confused young people, on the autistic spectrum, although this would not be apparent to anyone not in the know. This is a very common factor in gender dysphoria and makes it even more concerning that these already damaged young people are being medicated and mutilated.

Ironically my dear GC will not be a candidate for surgery or other treatment because they have a serious physical illness that makes them medically unfit for intervention. I never thought I would feel relief that they are so ill .........

I have another DGC who, at the age of 11, is having an "identity crisis" - I have not asked for details - I cannot cope with the idea of another of my DGC being in this mess. I just shower them in love and tell them how proud I am of them.

Society has moved from accepting that some people feel differently about their gender and respecting their wishes socially (all good) to seriously contemplating irreversible interventions on children (all bad).

I sometimes wonder what future historians will make of all this - perhaps they will see it all as on a par with feeling head bumps - only far far more dangerous.

maddyone Sat 09-Mar-24 10:25:34

Luckygirl flowers

Luckygirl3 Sat 09-Mar-24 10:27:46

Thank you.

Rosie51 Sat 09-Mar-24 10:43:26

Oh Luckygirl what a worry. Hopefully this type of exposure will ensure that anyone in distress about their body or identity will receive appropriate counselling rather than immediate chemical intervention and 'affirmation'. Those who regard counselling as 'conversion therapy' will no doubt try to block it, but it's odd how they don't also want to block relationship counselling, or drug addiction counselling.

Galaxy Sat 09-Mar-24 10:46:12

I am so sorry Luckygirl that your family is caught up in this.

Jewelle Sat 09-Mar-24 10:48:10

My daughter (33) said to me just recently that she’s so glad all this nonsense wasn’t around when she was younger….she thinks she may have been susceptible to it. I’m grateful too!

Dickens Sat 09-Mar-24 10:51:34

Luckygirl3

As the grandmother of an 18 year old who wishes to change gender, this video makes my heart sink. My GC is, as are many gender confused young people, on the autistic spectrum, although this would not be apparent to anyone not in the know. This is a very common factor in gender dysphoria and makes it even more concerning that these already damaged young people are being medicated and mutilated.

Ironically my dear GC will not be a candidate for surgery or other treatment because they have a serious physical illness that makes them medically unfit for intervention. I never thought I would feel relief that they are so ill .........

I have another DGC who, at the age of 11, is having an "identity crisis" - I have not asked for details - I cannot cope with the idea of another of my DGC being in this mess. I just shower them in love and tell them how proud I am of them.

Society has moved from accepting that some people feel differently about their gender and respecting their wishes socially (all good) to seriously contemplating irreversible interventions on children (all bad).

I sometimes wonder what future historians will make of all this - perhaps they will see it all as on a par with feeling head bumps - only far far more dangerous.

I think most will understand your sense of 'relief' from that perspective.

Showing affection and boosting their sense of self-worth is probably the best 'therapy' any family member can offer. You seem very caring and understanding.

I'm beginning to believe that just about all children at some point in their maturing, experience an identity crisis to one degree or another, and that it's a complex matter that has been hijacked by trans activists to fulfil their agenda.

I'm sure gender dysphoria is real and that it leads to mental health problems if it's not, at least, acknowledged. But just how many children / young people really understand all the composites involved other than their own very personal and narrow experience?

Can they really give informed consent?

I'd add that with all the intense emphasis on appearance by that section of the media obsessed with the world of celebrity, fashion and entertainment - not to mention "Influencers" on social media - it's hardly surprising that the young, even children, are focused on their bodies.

But that's only one aspect of a very intricate part of the development of child-to-adult. I also believe that how an individual chooses to identify is about more than sex - it's how you relate to society, and the world, in general, and is an ongoing process throughout life.

Early 'interventions' with therapies such as puberty blockers, medication, and surgeries, that might have irreversible and damaging effects, really does now have to be a debateable point.

Smileless2012 Sat 09-Mar-24 11:31:25

I can't imagine how worrying it must be for you and your family Luckygirl flowers.

"Can they really give informed consent?" I'd like to think that those who are old enough, and given the right in depth counselling can Dickens, but clearly that has not and is not always the case.

I agree that for many children there are periods of identity crisis to a certain extent and that this particular issue "has been hijacked by trans activists to further their agenda".

Gender dysphoria is rare, with only 0.005 - 0.014% being diagnosed which doesn't account for the increase in those believing they need to transition.

Puberty blockers, medication and surgery have already been proven to have had irreversible and damaging effects. How can this have been allowed to have happened?

Namsnanny Sat 09-Mar-24 11:57:26

How could this have happened?

It's been pushed all over the world.
The UN endorsed it long ago, and drew up a plan to ensure Africa was included.

Bill Gates has invested in medical robots, especially those which can do key hole hysterectomy surgery.
I'll try to find the link, although I read it over a year ago.

Rosie51 Sat 09-Mar-24 11:58:31

Puberty blockers, medication and surgery have already been proven to have had irreversible and damaging effects. How can this have been allowed to have happened?
in no small part because of the vast amounts of money involved. The pharmaceutical industry supplying puberty blockers and creating life-long customers for cross sex hormones. Surgeons, especially in the USA, are making fortunes from surgical procedures. Dr Sidhbh Gallagher has even made TikTok videos advertising her 'skills' and designates herself "'Dr Teetus Deletus" often posing next to young females displaying their double mastectomy scars.

Namsnanny Sat 09-Mar-24 12:07:19

Sorry my original link didnt work, I watched it on my lap top and it was fine then.
Thank you Dickens for posting another 🙂

Namsnanny Sat 09-Mar-24 12:11:07

It won't end soon either. The Tavistock is closed but other hospitals have dedicated beds to this.

Our political 'elites' are in it up to their necks.

Namsnanny Sat 09-Mar-24 12:22:09

Luckygirl I remember you posting about your gd before.
I have a very young gd who is being given books such as 'Grandpa's Pride' which has cartoon people drawn with visible mastectomy scars in it.

Nothing I can do, the parents have been indoctrinated with the lie of inclusion, diversity ect.

M0nica Sat 09-Mar-24 12:29:39

I am so glad this did not exist when I was a child. I was a tomboy, happier with boys than girls. I was often criticised for acting like a boy and I had even chosen the name I would like to be known as, if I was boy.

But I adjusted, if your mind goes one way and your sex the other, it is better to learn to live with what you have than seek the unattainable. Being trans is only a halfway house.

Smileless2012 Sat 09-Mar-24 12:44:50

I'm glad it didn't exist when our boys were young M0nica. We have no contact with our GC so have no idea if they're being affected by this so can only pray that they're not.

Thank you Namsnanny and Rosie, I must be incredibly naive not to have realised the extent to which this has been driven by money.

We've discussed that book here on GN in the past Namsnanny, it's disturbing isn't it and worrying that your GD has a copy.

Namsnanny Sat 09-Mar-24 13:15:29

Thanks Smileless
I think we all have been naive.
After all, what monster would target children for money?
Its beyond normal people's understanding.

My thoughts are how to move against this, when all institutions are financially bound up with it?
(Apologies, I don't always express myself clearly)

Ilovecheese Sat 09-Mar-24 13:19:59

Follow the money!