Gransnet forums

Chat

Soops Kitchen, a place of refuge, reflection and revelry.

(466 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Aug-26 10:09:55

Popped in to see if we had a new ā€˜kitchen’ couldn’t find one so have opened this.

Hope all is well, will catch up next week šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø

GrandmaC47 Sat 03-Oct-26 22:47:23

It’s been very quiet here for the last few days, don’t know why.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sat 03-Oct-26 22:57:50

I’ve had a productive day emptying completely the double wardrobe, washing the shelves and rails then, after a coffee putting 90% of it back - but in an order that pleased me. Skirts & trousers on one rail, winter jumpers on another & summer tops on the third. Coats, jackets & dresses in the centre section. Totally organised now and very satisfying.

Owing to my sad circumstances I now have the whole wardrobe to myself. I admit to a few tears at one stage. However I’m pleased I stuck at it with one medium bag to go down in the lift on Monday to the charity shop in the square.

A thread on GN this afternoon hurt my feelings. Funny isn’t it how a cutting comment from someone who has never met you in real life can be upsetting. Anyway - I had been invited to my neighbour’s apartment at 6pm to watch Strictly together and her company restored my equilibrium.

Thinking of all who are finding life difficult or upsetting tonight. Anxiety and sadness are very draining and my heart goes out to so many of you tonight. I remember this time last year for me. Beyond awful.

GrandmaC47 Sat 03-Oct-26 23:06:29

Fgt šŸ’

Grandmabatty Sun 04-Oct-26 16:10:53

Well done Fgt! Very productive yesterday.
I was out for breakfast with family today. Aunt and uncle were treating us. I had soft bread with halloumi, poached eggs and hot honey. It was delicious! The boys were really well behaved, we had a lovely catch up too. Instead of going to Aldi, I did a tesco order which will be delivered tomorrow morning. Dinner tonight will be mince and tatties. This afternoon I have been very lazy and done nothing again. My motivation is sadly lacking. Enjoy the rest of Sunday kitchen folk

Nannytopsy Sun 04-Oct-26 16:16:52

Harvest Festival this morning. It was a family service so DD, SiL and 4 & 2 year olds came. Much hilarity with their attempts to join in and they were really quiet ( for them).
Home for brunch then off they went. I have planted my little plants into pots and then was driven in by the heat. When the rugby match has finished, I will go out again. Trying to dig over then manure a raised bed before we put new topsoil on tomorrow. 700L are sitting on the drive …
I’m sure I would be better at donating if I was so close to a charity shop FGT! But being that close to an Indian restaurant might be too tempting.

Jaxjacky Sun 04-Oct-26 16:28:00

Hi all, im fed up and cross, spent time at the emergency dentist this afternoon, one extraction has left dry socket. I’ve been so good, not even a shandy, no vaping (I do lightly usually), gentle salt rinses and soft food.
It’s been packed and I have antibiotics, the clock starts again, good way to lose weight, the whole palaver took over 2 hours
Anyway, new herbs are planted, washing nearly dried.
Tepid custard or tomato soup for dinner?
Enjoy your evening all.

Grandmabatty Sun 04-Oct-26 17:44:15

jaxjacky poor you. šŸ’

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-26 17:49:37

Oh Jaxjacky sending you healing (((hugs))) fingers crossed you are on the mend šŸ¤žšŸ»

The pork joint is roasting in the oven, all veggies are prepped and ready to cook.

Enjoying a very lazy (for me) Sunday šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø

Usedtobeblonde Sun 04-Oct-26 18:18:01

So sorry Jax a dry socket is very unfortunate especially when you have done everything correctly.
I am at my GD’s for a Sunday roast, it smells delicious.
I had my flu and Covid jabs yesterday, both in the same arm, it was very sore this morning but a couple of Panadol did the trick and no other side effects.
It has been lovely weather all weekend here, I hope you all saw some sun as well.

brook2704 Sun 04-Oct-26 19:20:41

Oh Jax you poor thing, it’s one thing after another. I hope it heals quickly and you start to feel a bit better very soon, sending you a hug ā¤ļø

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 04-Oct-26 19:30:01

Just wanted to add my commiserations to others Jax tonight. How bluddy unlucky when you’ve followed all the rules. Get well soon dear lady. Hope sleep is restorative.

I’m eating the most delicious pizza (pepperoni my favourite) and it’s spicy too. Himself used to love pizzas when he was well. Me? Not so much. However, a couple of times a year they just hit the spot.

I’ve poured a malt too. Why not? And I’m binge watching Fauda recommended by my sister. (It means ā€˜chaos’ in Arabic).

There are 5 series apparently. I’m halfway through Series 1 so this’ll keep me out of mischief for a good while. It’s on Netflix. Anyone watched it? Such good acting - and so tense!

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 04-Oct-26 19:31:17

Oh dear Jax, what a pain,

Here’s a photo of a new exhibit at the V&A. Well it’s new to me. It’s in the main Sculpture Hall.

I’ve spent most of the day either quilting, making beef goulash or watching a couple of Jeeves and Wooster on YouTube.

Have a good evening.

GrandmaC47 Sun 04-Oct-26 20:08:14

Poor you, Jax. Hope it improves rapidly.

Grandmabatty Sun 04-Oct-26 20:41:10

llfl is it the Hugh Laurie and Steven fry version?

Redcar Sun 04-Oct-26 21:10:48

jax that sounds very painful and so unfair when you’ve done everything possible to avoid it. I hope it feels better soon.
I’ve been at DD2’s for a lovely roast dinner. I haven’t had a roast dinner for ages as I can’t be bothered to cook one for myself now I’m on my own! #lazygran!
Well done for reorganising your wardrobe fgt. I’ve had to do mine several times since my DH died, more recently because I can no longer reach the top hanging rails and shelves. I’ve lost about 5 inches in height since fracturing vertebrae due to osteoporosis.

I have my flu jab tomorrow and the Covid one later in the week, didn’t fancy having them both done at once.

Night night folks, sleep well.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 04-Oct-26 22:27:52

Grandmabatty

llfl is it the Hugh Laurie and Steven fry version?

Yes! I think YouTube is the only place you can watch it.

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Oct-26 07:19:35

I enjoyed it immensely tge first time round

Charleygirl5 Mon 05-Oct-26 09:49:06

Jax that is miserable. Whatever next?

Only drops of rain occasionally at night here. We haven't had a downpour for months so I have appreciated the sunshine, even sitting out with a coffee at times.

There is a definite chill in the air here but no heating on yet.

Tesco delivered delicious food on Saturday so I had chicken Tikka slices with salad. I ordered enough salad for the street, at least it is healthy.

The driver stood and watched me struggle, so I slowed down so at least he lifted a crate to my level. It would make no difference if he had carried the crates to the kitchen, I would have the same problem. I prefer Morrison's and Ocado supplying bags.

Tesco wanted a review, they got one but possibly not what they wanted to hear.

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Oct-26 19:07:47

Jaxjacky I hope the pain in your mouth is better today.
Today I dropped off the boys at school then tidied the bedroom, the kitchen and the living room. Tesco came, so the cupboards are full. In the afternoon I worked in the school library then picked up the boys. They behaved really well today. Once they were picked up, I made dinner and had the last of the mince with mash. I'm just about out of battery so have a good evening kitchen folk

Usedtobeblonde Mon 05-Oct-26 19:30:50

Good evening all, after saying I felt ok after my flu and Covid jabs, today I have not been at all well.
I don’t know if this is just a reaction or something brewing.
I have slept on and off for most of the day and I feel very nauseous.
Sadly I have had to cancel meeting up with FGT tomorrow, we shall rearrange though then we can.
I came back up to my bed with a Weetabix and a cup of tea but don’t want the food.
I wish you all a good evening, I have the heating on so feel very cozy.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 05-Oct-26 19:55:13

The Imp and 11yr old are here for a sleepover, Imp is going to bed imminently. 11yr old is negotiating.

Wishing you all well šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Oct-26 19:55:32

Utbb take care of yourself

Jaxjacky Mon 05-Oct-26 20:08:56

utbb how horrible for you, may it clear off soon so you feel better.
Phones today, reasonably busy, kept me occupied
It was sunny out and in that sun quiet warm for a garden wander.
Pain is at bay, the tedium continues!
Have a good evening.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 05-Oct-26 20:22:12

I hope you feel better after a good nights sleep utbb x

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Mon 05-Oct-26 20:55:29

ā€˜Evening All’

Jax I hope your antibiotics are kicking in nicely now and utbb sleep tight and get well soon. It was lovely chatting together earlier. Yes, we will reschedule soon for sure once you’re firing again on all ctlinders.

I’ve not long had a baked potato (in the oven with crispy jacket skin) as big as my head, white fluffy potato with plenty of butter and grated Shropshire aged cheese. Food of the gods. Simple food can be as delicious as any gourmet meal can’t it?