Gransnet forums

Christmas

Resisting temptation!

(61 Posts)
phoenix Mon 23-Dec-19 15:57:16

Hello all, and good wishes.

Well, as ever Mr P has done all his shopping via Amazon. Not sure what lies in store, as there were only 2 items (well, 3 if you count the very expensive household gadget I added as a joke) on the wish list that I shared with him. tchsmile

So, there were about 5 items stacked up, still in the Amazon packaging, on the large chest of drawers in the hall.

Today is our recycling collection day, so yesterday I asked him to "de cardboard" as much as possible, so that I could put it out in time.

The items are now in a carrier bag, still in the hall, but with the handles tied together.

I have no idea what they might be, apart from one where the packaging was a bit loose, and I happened to dislodge it while dusting, tchblush and as I picked it up from the floor, noticed it contained a knife sharpener tchconfused I will try to look suitably pleased when I open it tchwink

The gifts I have bought for him are hidden away and will remain so until I wrap them tomorrow (while he is at work) and put them under the tree.

I'm being very good, haven't even had a squeeze or a shake, but bearing in mind previous Christmas offerings have included a digital air compressor for inflating car tyres, and a (albeit beautifully wrapped) toilet seat, I'm bracing myself! tchgrin

Merryweather Tue 24-Dec-19 20:13:30

From my daughters and partner, I will be getting precisely nothing! Except hot and sweaty in the kitchen (and not in a fun way).
I'm easy to buy for, art /craft items or books. No one thinks until it's too late. Cuddles and kisses will be fine though.

Ninarosa Tue 24-Dec-19 21:51:51

I'm in bed, the wind whistling a merry tune through our very draughty window frame. I've had a new window on my wanted list for twelve frigging, freezing years. I wouldn't mind half so much if husband wasn't a double glazing window fitter by trade.

Jillybird Tue 24-Dec-19 22:52:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissAdventure Tue 24-Dec-19 23:20:10

I know I'm getting a pair of slippers from my big grandson, and I've been quite excited about them in the last week. smile

I love a pair of slippers. I can't be without them. Ever.

Bluebird64 Wed 25-Dec-19 07:39:35

Haha my husband is a present-rattler, he always tries to guess what a gift is before opening it. And usually he's right! I, on the other hand, love the mystery of an unknown object and unwrap gifts slowly, anticipating the delicious moment when the present reveals itself.....

phoenix Wed 25-Dec-19 09:40:39

Well, all opened...........knife sharpener, a boxed set of nail clippers (3 pairs) tchconfused, chocolates, bath bombs, and a device for getting hard skin off your feet!

Doodle Wed 25-Dec-19 12:50:40

You can never have too many nail clippers phoenix .
Having used the bath bombs ? will your feet have any hard skin left on them ?
Chocolates are nice though ?

mande Wed 25-Dec-19 12:54:16

God bless him Phoenix! He did put some thought into it!

phoenix Wed 25-Dec-19 13:31:37

Yes, mande but without wishing to sound ungrateful, I still don't have a working radio in the car!

I'm having to plan car trips so that I don't miss certain programmes on Radio 4. tchsad

mande Wed 25-Dec-19 18:10:24

Phoenix, I think you’ll have to bite the bullet and go find the code yourself. I think men in garages and car shops are getting more used to women sorting out car problems. Good luck! I enjoyed your tale. It cheered me up. ?