Gransnet forums

Christmas

Will you dress up on Christmas day

(154 Posts)
Judy54 Fri 11-Dec-20 13:29:53

Having lived in casual clothes since March, I want to put some glad rags on on Christmas day. I have a lovely pair of silver crushed velvet trousers, a sparkly top and some pretty earrings which will be just the job. It is only my Partner and myself this Year but I want to make the effort. How about you whether you are on your own, with a Partner, family or friends will you wear something a little dressy?

Marydoll Fri 11-Dec-20 13:33:46

I have always dressed up on Christmas day and this year will be no different.
I have a lovely teal velvet top, with matching jewellery which I plan to wear and of course full make up!

janeainsworth Fri 11-Dec-20 13:33:56

Yes I’m saving my new green velvet Bombshell dress for Christmas Day ??tchgrin

NfkDumpling Fri 11-Dec-20 13:35:06

We're going to DS and family for the day and I will make an effort, but I fear my glad rags are a bit too tight at present!

Nannan2 Fri 11-Dec-20 13:35:29

Sounds lovely Judy54- i might don a xmas jumper and some newish velvety leggings.(our living room is always colder than rest of house!) And there will be only myself & my 2 youngest lads.(22&17) & the cat.?

Nannan2 Fri 11-Dec-20 13:38:23

All yours sound lovely.If i was dining out or had others coming id make more effort- but im happy with my choices.Ive got xmas jumper new this year and the leggings only worn once bought few wks ago.

Marydoll Fri 11-Dec-20 13:39:26

janeainsworth I have dress envy! ?

Kamiso Fri 11-Dec-20 13:40:03

Having a kidney infection that is very slowly responding to treatment, I will probably be wearing a nightdress and dressing gown.

janeainsworth Fri 11-Dec-20 13:48:06

Marydoll I can’t resist Bombshell blush especially when she sends me a £30 voucherblush I mean it would be rude not to use it wouldn’t it grin
Your outfit sounds lovely too. Nothing like velvet!

Kamiso thanks

Charleygirl5 Fri 11-Dec-20 14:02:14

My "best" appears to be just a cut above gardening clothes.

J52 Fri 11-Dec-20 14:02:18

Yes, depends on the weather, but likely to be velvet trousers and a Mint Velvet top that I’ve not had an opportunity to wear.
Discrete snowflake earrings and a bit of ring sparkle!

Oldwoman70 Fri 11-Dec-20 14:02:58

I will be spending Christmas Day alone but I have bought a new Christmas jumper and I will also wear a new pair of black trousers plus my jewellery (which I don't put on every day!) and makeup!

Parsley3 Fri 11-Dec-20 14:08:52

I will be putting on a frock and a slick of lippy. Must have a look at those bombshell dresses, though. I am intrigued.

Spinnaker Fri 11-Dec-20 14:20:46

Yep - have just bought a Christmas dress from Joe Brown's and have paired it with deep mulberry tights so that's the outfit for the big day. Christmas Eve will see a smart pair of black trousers teamed with a sparkly Christmas jumper tchsmile

Lucretzia Fri 11-Dec-20 14:25:38

Will do. Nothing too exciting but an improvement on what I've been wearing for the last 9 months!

Blossoming Fri 11-Dec-20 14:25:38

Not exactly dressing up, but I have some new jeggings and a cord tunic from Seasalt that I’m saving until Christmas Day. It is just the two of us at home and we usually have a walk.

shysal Fri 11-Dec-20 14:29:55

I am spending Christmas alone so will not be dressing up. I might wear my years-old festive sweatshirt though. At least I shall be getting dressed - I know somebody who plans to stay in her PJs all day and why not?

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 11-Dec-20 14:32:22

I have a couple of sparkly things to wear, plus earrings and smart (not high heels) shoes. Whatever I wear has to be loose as I eat such a lot at Christmas!

Grandma70s Fri 11-Dec-20 14:37:02

I might put on my red jumper, but that’s about it.

Puzzler61 Fri 11-Dec-20 14:38:41

I’ll be cooking on Christmas Day but I expect I’ll be wearing black velvet culottes and a Christmas jumper that has snowmen on. Each snowman has a bell on his hat so moving around means I’ll jingle. ?
Slippers on my feet.
Also a spray of favourite perfume but no makeup, no jewellery.

Jaxjacky Fri 11-Dec-20 14:39:24

Spinnaker I love Joe Browns! I bought a dress from them in January, worn it once, might ditch my normal jeans and give it another airing.
If I wore make up my DH wouldn’t recognise me!!

Puzzler61 Fri 11-Dec-20 14:40:43

Acqua di Gio eau de parfum btw.

janeymooli Fri 11-Dec-20 14:46:13

I will - my daughters and their husband/ fiancé are coming and I CANNOT wait! We have pre-agreed smart Christmas day and the rest "whatever".....leggings/jeans it is!.....But on the day I have bought a jumpsuit from Boden and I love it!

grannysue05 Fri 11-Dec-20 15:16:11

I am wearing a Boden jersey dress with toning tights as my legs have "gone".
I have a new cardigan in teal which picks out one of the colours in the dress.
My Granddaughter will insist on Christmas Tree earrings although I never wear them nowadays (normally).
Puzzler I would love to say I would be wearing Chanel No 5, but it will have to be a Body Shop fragrance.

timetogo2016 Fri 11-Dec-20 15:20:37

Not any more,just can`t be bothered.