Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Today I just want to scream.....

(57 Posts)
BlueBelle Wed 20-May-20 13:03:14

Take a little walk Anne Put a mask on if you feel safer and keep away from everyone I cross the road if I see anyone coming which feels horrible but I do smile at them or say hi
I do have a garden and I do go for walks so in a much much better position than you but I just wanted to say to you I totally understand and have a lot of the same feelings as you
I think being on your own, like we are, makes it so much worse unless of course you are stuck in with someone who is cruel, indifferent, moody or angry and then we are way better off
For me, it’s missing my voluntary work the chat with customers and staff the feeling of being useful still having a role in the world having people look on me as useful still
the worry about my grandkids future if we go into recession
I m not depressed but I have lost motivation, this doesn’t mean I m doing nothing I m trying to keep finding things to do, but I have no umph and can’t see the end of it all I think we d all manage if we knew it had an end date
Keep your chin up Anne you’re not alone

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 20-May-20 12:37:27

Anne please try the art lessons on the Internet, my GD is following the Bob Ross art classes on FB, he was on Tv many years ago, lots of pine trees from what I can remember.
You can get all the items you need online, also jigsaws, free online books to read from amazon.
GS is going out each day and taking a photo and keeping a visual ‘diary’
I know it’s no substitute but if you can try to get out as well and take a walk it really will lift your spirits

Septimia Wed 20-May-20 11:29:36

It's horrible at the moment for anyone who doesn't have an outside area of their own to use - it would certainly get me down. We're fortunate in having a garden but, despite living in a rural area, we don't go out walking much. This is partly because the place is full of townies with their dogs and germs coming out and parking to walk and cycle.

If you can, Anne, try to get out for a short walk sometimes. Our DS and DiL go early in the morning to avoid people, but there are other quiet times such as just before it gets dark. You might feel a bit safer if it's quieter and it will give you a boost, I hope.

annep1 Wed 20-May-20 10:54:28

If I didn't get out for a walk I would go insane. And I'm tired of being told I shouldn't complain. No matter what others are going through we are all individuals with different abilities to cope. Right now I am struggling to get out of bed. My husband asks what I would like for dinner. I don't care. It's just sustenance to keep me alive. I'll feel better tomorrow. ....
I hope you do too Anne107 flowers

BlueSky Wed 20-May-20 10:36:16

Agree with Esspee Anne try and go out for a walk in a quiet area, it keeps me sane!

Esspee Wed 20-May-20 10:28:31

Please try to get out Anne. There is little chance of infection when you combine distancing with being out of doors. It lifts your spirit to feel the sun on your face and seeing nature in all it’s glory.
I do feel for those with no outdoor space. Closing off the parks was a huge mistake IMHO.

Anne107 Wed 20-May-20 10:22:45

Hi all, I think we all got our really low moments- some days are good and other days not so good. For the last couple of days I have felt really low. I was widowed in 2008 and live alone in a one bedroom ground floor apartment but with no garden- although if I look out of my windows I do have a bit of greenery with trees ? and enjoy hearing the birds outside and watching little squirrels having a great time running around playing. I have my buddy Shadow, my cat, to keep me company. My son and grandchildren phone often and we have a little FaceTime together. I also have heart disease and borderline diabetes which has caused me some fear in venturing out even for a little walk! And yes I keep telling myself there are hundreds worse off than myself. But some days I just feel plain low! I believe when I go on Facebook and all these people with their gardens and children playing in garden or sitting in sun with a nice glass of wine with their partners or relaxing in a jacuzzi watching their beautiful flowers blossoming just makes me feel worse. Yes, I know I sound resentful but I am sure I would be better if I just had a garden or even a balcony! I truly do not begrudge anyone who has a home with garden - I just wish I was in that position. I retired in January of this year and had plans to do voluntary work with animals (I love animals) and was also hoping to attend art classes, even looking into dog walking. That has all now been put on hold because of this damn virus. And as I have already stated above I keep telling myself over and over there are hundreds of people worse off than me - most days it works for me and I able to count my blessings but other days I just want to scream!