Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Who would you let into the house

(77 Posts)
morethan2 Tue 03-Nov-20 13:45:58

Last week in the late evening my son knocked on my door in distressed state. We let him in. An hour later a neighbour who been in a equally distressed state since his wife died last year knocked on the door very upset. So we invited him in. We’d told him if he ever needed us to knock but he never had until that night. When they left my husband turned to me and said “ I think we might have broken the rules” At the time I’d never even given this lockdown a thought. I was just worried about both of them. Honestly I don’t think even if I’d have remembered the rules I could have turned either of them away. It’s yet another dilemma. The possibility is that it could happen again. (Hopefully not two people crying on the same night)
What would you do?

BelindaB Sat 07-Nov-20 14:24:49

I am fed up to the back teeth with being told what to do, who I can or cannot see etc, etc.

I am 74, have severe health problems and caught covid AT OUR LOCAL HOSPITAL after being taken there for another problem and guess what?

I'm still here.

I should mention that I wear an exemption badge because I'm also very asthmatic.

I am convinced that my generation, especially, are too tough to start going over like nine pins. Hong Kong flu was dreadful and killed a lot more people.

I shall continue to live my life as I see fit, not blindly obey the dictacts of some eejit in whitehall who has not the foggiest idea what to do.