Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

What does Johnson mean by "safe"?

(133 Posts)
ReadyMeals Sun 03-Jan-21 11:24:30

He says "Schools are safe". What does he mean? You can't catch covid in a school? That has to be nonsense. So what is the definition of "safe" then when he says it? Less than 50% probability? Less than 10%? Just a bit safer than being in a hospital? Than attending an illegal rave? It's a meaningless word. Even isolating in our own homes isn't 100% safe, as it's still slightly possible to pick it up from something that is delivered.

Zuki Wed 06-Jan-21 16:53:42

Depend Lucca are women calle d guys now maybe we should clarify that I think they are so the whole lotyes by the way I'm stereotypical working class so who supports the complainers now days

varian Wed 06-Jan-21 16:59:42

Sorry, I didn't get that Zuki. Can you explain what you mean?

Lucca Wed 06-Jan-21 18:50:24

Zuki

Depend Lucca are women calle d guys now maybe we should clarify that I think they are so the whole lotyes by the way I'm stereotypical working class so who supports the complainers now days

Sorry I am at a loss to understand what you have written. Maybe some typing errors ?

Lucca Wed 06-Jan-21 18:52:56

Galaxy

Thank goodness the government has described early years provision as safe today. I work in early years and had been worried but feel completely reassured now hmm

Can you tell me more about that ? DGS attends nursery in primary school and that’s closed . I have to say life would be easier for both WFH parents if he were able to attend. Sounds a bit selfish I know. Sorry.

Galaxy Wed 06-Jan-21 19:04:49

They have said early years can open so certainly in my area most day nurseries and playgroups are running.
I am certainly aware of some early years provision attached to schools that are open.

Ellianne Wed 06-Jan-21 19:11:50

Exactly as Galaxy says. Nurseries can open and children from the Reception Class can attend because they are still Early Years.
Heads I know are telling parents attendance is optional and parents whose children attend have signed to agree. This is in the independent sector where we have to cover ourselves as education providers.

sue421 Wed 06-Jan-21 19:22:05

I feel he has pandered to those who will not follow guidance. Tell me to stay home that is what I do. We have to stop the spread of the virus. And too many shops are open ie Poundland who have one aisle of food stuff! Staples...as they have a parcel delivery system! Our local ironmonger is open, why he sells dog food? Just encourages peope to mix! I think that people do not remember Polio...well I do