Good idea to start this topic again. This is my understanding of what is going on and the implications for us
1. 90% of new cases in SA are the SA variant
2. Research carried out there in conjunction with Oxford has found disappointing results with AZ with only minimal protection being offered against mild and moderate disease.
3. The study subjects were young ( 40 and under) and so very unlikely to become severely ill and be hospitalised
4. As there is no evidence as yet about the efficacy of AZ re the SA variant they are going to use J and J and Pfizer instead until more data is available
5. AZ are working on a booster jab hopefully available here in the autumn which will be more effective give against tge SA variant
6. Tracking down SA variant cases here is clearly very important
7. So is stopping more cases coming in
8. Whatever vaccine we’ve had we should carry on as though we haven’t had any vaccine
Anyone else fed up with North Easterly wind flow?
I’m going to miss Gary in the mornings